People hurt while playing "Pokemon Go"

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
People hurt while playing "Pokemon Go"

Here's a game that actually ENCOURAGES people to keep their eyes glued to their cellphone screens while wandering around on foot, or on a skateboard, or on a bike. The story says it won't work when you're driving a car, but there is already a reported traffic accident when a driver of a car saw a Pokemon, stopped his car, and started chasing it on the freeway.

As a person with reasonable intelligence, I think this game is stupid and the designers were stupid for not seeing the obvious flaw of using the real world, with all its hazards, as a game map.

As a lawyer, I am looking forward to the lawsuits.

I am now advertising on Craig's List and Facebook for people injured playing this game. Negligence will be easy to prove, but even if I can't prove negligence (I can) a product that induces people to run out into traffic with their eyes glued to a cellphone screen is a defective product, and there is strict liability.

So now I have a monsters of my own to catch, the PLAINTIFFOSAURUS.

Wish me luck!!!

my daughter has it on her phone. She however, was smart enough not to go into the middle of the state road in front of the house to collect whatever it is one must collect. We did joke about all of the idiots that would be getting run over.
Maybe instead of Pokemon they should have called it Darwin.

People hurt while playing "Pokemon Go"Here's a game that actually ENCOURAGES people to keep their eyes glued to their cellphone screens while wandering around on foot, or on a skateboard, or on a bike. The story says it won't work when you're driving a car, but there is already a reported traffic accident when a driver of a car saw a Pokemon, stopped his car, and started chasing it on the freeway. As a person with reasonable intelligence, I think this game is stupid and the designers were stupid for not seeing the obvious flaw of using the real world, with all its hazards, as a game map. As a lawyer, I am looking forward to the lawsuits.
Before salivating over all the money you're going to make, do your "due diligence". No wonder people hate lawyers!

FALSE: Major Highway Accident After Man Stops in Middle of Highway to Catch Pikachu!

Here's a Pokemon on a driveway:

upload_2016-7-10_3-46-52.png

LOOK OUT FOR THAT MOVING CAR!!!

People hurt while playing "Pokemon Go"Here's a game that actually ENCOURAGES people to keep their eyes glued to their cellphone screens while wandering around on foot, or on a skateboard, or on a bike. The story says it won't work when you're driving a car, but there is already a reported traffic accident when a driver of a car saw a Pokemon, stopped his car, and started chasing it on the freeway. As a person with reasonable intelligence, I think this game is stupid and the designers were stupid for not seeing the obvious flaw of using the real world, with all its hazards, as a game map. As a lawyer, I am looking forward to the lawsuits.
Before salivating over all the money you're going to make, do your "due diligence". No wonder people hate lawyers!

FALSE: Major Highway Accident After Man Stops in Middle of Highway to Catch Pikachu!
Everyone hates lawyers, until they need one.

I have called the weekend editor of my local newspaper and offered myself to be quoted if they want to write a story about this game, which encourages people to run around this dangerous world we live in with their eyes glued to a cellphone screen.

If this story is fake, that doesn't matter. The real traffic accident WILL happen, and it won't take long.

I saw another picture of a Pokemon on the platform of a SUBWAY STATION! That's a GREAT place to be while walking around without paying attention to where you are going!!!

It's not just about the money. I want to kill this game, which represents corporate greed combined with total stupidity and indifference to young peoples' safety that just gets under my skin.

It's not just about the money. I want to kill this game, which represents corporate greed combined with total stupidity and indifference to young peoples' safety that just gets under my skin.
Games don't kill people. People kill people.

Everyone hates lawyers, until they need one. I have called the weekend editor of my local newspaper and offered myself to be quoted if they want to write a story about this game, which encourages people to run around this dangerous world we live in with their eyes glued to a cellphone screen. If this story is fake, that doesn't matter.
That seems to be what Trump and wingnut conservatives are running on this year. Did you hear that Obama invited Hillary over for a puppy brunch? Spread that around a little and later today it'll be a headline on Breitbart and some other idiot will be saying it doesn't matter if it's true.

Forum List

Back