People Who Text Frequently Tend To Be More Racist, Shallow

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Does this apply to posters who just make brief remarks and never expand on anything or explain their position? If dropping brief messages indicates shallowness when it comes to thought or morals, some people are in real trouble.

I'm a little relieved here, personally. No one has ever accused me of being brief.

I see kids everywhere, of all races, with phones practically glued to their hands. I am thinking it's more of a bad habit than shallowness, but who I am to argue with some stupid study? Are kids who are seen texting a lot by teachers going to be tagged and sent to tolerance classes? Will it apply to ALL people of all color or just the usual ones being accused of racism? I am serious. Whenever a study like this comes out, some politician is working on a "solution."

“Ultra-brief social media like texting and Twitter encourages rapid, relatively shallow thought and consequently very frequent daily use of such media should be associated with cognitive and moral shallowness,” researchers noted, according to the Journal.

Study: People Who Text Frequently Tend To Be More Racist, Shallow « CBS Cleveland

That's funny. I hardly ever text. My phone is more of an entertainment device than a phone to be quite honest. I have to LMAO at this study. That means anyone with an iPhone or other like device would be a racist and/or shallow... oh and CBiaS forgets that this would include a ton of Liberals who own cell phones too.

Haha nice try!

Does this apply to posters who just make brief remarks and never expand on anything or explain their position? If dropping brief messages indicates shallowness when it comes to thought or morals, some people are in real trouble.

I'm a little relieved here, personally. No one has ever accused me of being brief.

I see kids everywhere, of all races, with phones practically glued to their hands. I am thinking it's more of a bad habit than shallowness, but who I am to argue with some stupid study? Are kids who are seen texting a lot by teachers going to be tagged and sent to tolerance classes? Will it apply to ALL people of all color or just the usual ones being accused of racism? I am serious. Whenever a study like this comes out, some politician is working on a "solution."

“Ultra-brief social media like texting and Twitter encourages rapid, relatively shallow thought and consequently very frequent daily use of such media should be associated with cognitive and moral shallowness,” researchers noted, according to the Journal.

Study: People Who Text Frequently Tend To Be More Racist, Shallow « CBS Cleveland

Waste of valuable bandwidth. Stupid thread.

[snip to cut to the chase]

Not much of a surprise.

It is probably an addictive behavior. I had to put a basket outside my office for these devices to avoid firing people who reach for some device or other, have their attention diverted, and so waste my time too.

As one who never texts and finds the whole practice mindless, I applaud this study. It's obviously solid irrefutable science and should be incorporated into school curricula immediately.
Give the studs a Nobel Prize.

A recent poll shows that left handed bowlers and accordion players are more likely to have an extramarital fair with a Southern Baptist dental hygienist then they would with a Presbyterian bank teller. Another poll shockingly revealed that most of those who prefer the missionary position really aren't missionaries. Whodathunkit?

I swear to God, there isn't a thing anyone can think of that has not been the subject of a poll or government funded study. Hey, we didn't to this crazy shit back in the 50s. OK, we did other crazy shit instead but at least it made sense ... at the time … sorta.

There was a poll taker from Crass
Who polled everyone he would pass.
He annoyed one and all
'Till a man from St. Paul
Shoved a big pole up his ass.

- The Professor

Last edited:

Waste of valuable bandwidth. Stupid thread.

It was going okay till post #7 introduced stupid into the thread. It's studies like these, and I will bet it is liberals behind this, that cause politicians to take action.

Does this apply to posters who just make brief remarks and never expand on anything or explain their position?

Of course it does.

And that's why the conservatives here are doing that poutrage thing which they do so well. Their ox was gored. Their usual one-sentence "fuck you, liberal" type responses _are_ indicative of moral shallowness. People who can back up their position with a moral and rational argument don't have to resort to "fuck you, liberal" type responses.

Forum List

Back