People with criminal records can own guns

Yes, if you are arrested for a crime and the crime is thrown out you get to keep your guns.

And thats how it should be.

Under current federal law, people convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence are only barred from owning guns if they are married to, have children with, or live with their victims. Dating partners who don’t meet any of these criteria are left out of the law entirely, and there are only ten states that have laws closing the loophole allowing a man convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence to buy and own as many guns as he’d like because of a technicality about his relationship.

No, I have read it. It looks like you can beat up your wife and keep your guns.

Yes, if you are arrested for a crime and the crime is thrown out you get to keep your guns.

And thats how it should be.
The idiot doesn't even read his own links
The man is dense, even for a leftard. They all believe that laws are like magic lamps or something. If you don't want murderers to have guns, just pass a law making it illegal for murderers to own guns and shaazaam! every murderer's gun in the country just dissolves away with some sparkles and a little tinkling noise.

You: We need to prevent illegals from fraudulently accessing public benefits so that our welfare system no longer acts as a magnet.

Leftard: It's against the law for illegals to access public benefits.

And then they'll sit there blinking stupidly as if there is nothing more to be said.

Sheesh.

Under current federal law, people convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence are only barred from owning guns if they are married to, have children with, or live with their victims. Dating partners who don’t meet any of these criteria are left out of the law entirely, and there are only ten states that have laws closing the loophole allowing a man convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence to buy and own as many guns as he’d like because of a technicality about his relationship.

If you had a gun, you wouldn't need to go to the trouble of beating her up, now would you?

Living together is what domestic violence means in American.

http://fusion.kinja.com/disarm-all-domestic-abusers-now-1796101206

Is this bollox ?

Surely a conviction for any crime of violence should not be able to own guns ?

I mean,thats a basic surely ?

He was not convicted......that is the key. it has also been suggested that he was active in democrat politics in the county where he lived....and that got him out of the arrests.......it is like little Chicago in that county....
My understanding is that in the UK you dont need to be convicted to be refused a license.If the police have a doubt over you then that is the end of it.

Is this bollox ?

He was not convicted......that is the key. it has also been suggested that he was active in democrat politics in the county where he lived....and that got him out of the arrests.......it is like little Chicago in that county....
Hey asshole, he was obviously mentally unstable. And assholes like you gauranteed he and people like him, can continue to buy guns.

If you had a gun, you wouldn't need to go to the trouble of beating her up, now would you?
You have no standing in an adult discussion.

Is this bollox ?

Hey asshole, he was obviously mentally unstable. And assholes like you gauranteed he and people like him, can continue to buy guns.

No...the law did that....and the ACLU asswipe.......

Is this bollox ?

The Constitution does that unless there's a compelling reason not to. Was he found guilty?

Is this bollox ?

My understanding is that in the UK you dont need to be convicted to be refused a license.If the police have a doubt over you then that is the end of it.

Then tell that to the criminals who raised your gun crime rate 42% in Britain last year....and across Britain..especially Liverpool.....

Is this bollox ?

Did these guys get permission from the cops in Britain...?

Gun crime in London increases by 42% - BBC News

Gun crime offences in London surged by 42% in the last year, according to official statistics.

The Met Police's figures showed there were 2,544 gun crime offences from April 2016 to April 2017 compared to 1,793 offences from 2015 until 2016.
Knife crime also increased by 24% with 12,074 recorded offences from 2016 to 2017.

Forum List

Back