Perfume is going to make me gag

A good perfume should be applied extremely sparingly and should not be discernable to another person sitting next to you. And it should be a good perfume. There's a lot of cheap stuff out there that would make anybody allergic.

I don't know about banning the stuff in public though I sympathize greatly with those who are allergic. But I don't see a problem with announcing in the office that it is bothering some people and ask people to voluntarily cease and desist. I have seen that done in business offices with good effect.

I've also seen it done with no effect because the person doesn't understand or simply doesn't give a shit.

Here's what happens when I'm exposed to moderate to heavy perfumes and colognes,
I get an instant migraine followed by a complete draining of physical energy to the point where I can barely function.
Sympathy doesn't cut it in the work place where it affects my productivity. And I'm not alone there are hundreds of thousands and potentially millions of us in the US alone, why do you think most manufactures make fragrance free, hypoallergenic products?

Last edited:
A good perfume should be applied extremely sparingly and should not be discernable to another person sitting next to you. And it should be a good perfume. There's a lot of cheap stuff out there that would make anybody allergic.

I don't know about banning the stuff in public though I sympathize greatly with those who are allergic. But I don't see a problem with announcing in the office that it is bothering some people and ask people to voluntarily cease and desist. I have seen that done in business offices with good effect.

It would be no different them me spitting a drink all over you. Share and share alike. Ifi have to smell your perfume, you can wear my drink.

Ive banned my family from wearing perfumes, stinky hand lotion and hair products from coming in my home or being in my car.

Do you remember the people in department stores who would spray you with georigo? One was very insistent and wanted to spray me coming off the escalator. I told them they do that and im suing both them and the store.

I have a client who due to exposure to toxins when she was a diver cannot tolerate any perfume of any kind now. This means ANYTHING....stuff in soaps, cleaners, anything that has any scent or even certain chemical compounds. She can't even go to the dr's office because the deodorant and perfumes of the people there make her sick.
When she comes to see me she stays outside and I run out to her vehicle.

I agree with many here, some ladies (and gents) wear the perfumes and colognes as tho they have bathed in the shit.
I have walked past someone at a store and almost can't get enough air, because their perfume is so strong.
But if applied subtlely, it can be quite enticing *smiles*
It takes just a small dab, placed in between the breasts and on the elbows of a lady, just a dab will do.
It lets others know it's there, and you took the time to make yourself smell nice, and yet, it also lets them know you didn't pour half the bottle over your ugly ass just to let them know you're near because of the smell.
I have had a gent walk past me in a store, and his cologne will be so slight, but yet enough to make me turn my head because it's so divine, and smells so sexy good!

When I get a noseful of it I usually say, loudly, 'ewww, what's that smell? Did someone break a perfume bottle?' I always hope the person hears me and gets the hint. Probably not though.

:lol:

If someone walks into an elevator stinking like a perfume/cologne factory, if I'm able to I try and let a little gas slip out silently. Fire with fire, and it leaves an air-cocktail behind for whoever is lucky enough to get on next. :eusa_angel:

WHAT possesses women who work in an office environment to wear LOADS of crap perfume?

I'd rather smell BO and I'm not kidding.

Hobo showers.

I agree, they STINK! Some just give me the impression of what a cheap whore would smell like.

The smells gives me a headaches and makes me puke.

Attachments

• $y1aPxuN9uwKE6hfdcBrXfMENRwMVPN8eC1QABkhDp3nInWCZKth5MFSUR0zVxhIPfSCtFb03jR9hfk_thumb.jpg
    $y1aPxuN9uwKE6hfdcBrXfMENRwMVPN8eC1QABkhDp3nInWCZKth5MFSUR0zVxhIPfSCtFb03jR9hfk_thumb.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 37
I used to do that because I was afraid I'd stink of nicotine since I smoke. But then I said fuck it....I was making myself gag.
I wear perfume once in awhile, but my preference is skin lotions and softeners in the fragrance I like.

Maybe folks put too much on because they don't know the proper way? Dab at each wrist, small dab behind each hear. I used to do a dab behind each kneecap too and a light smear between my girls (breasts). If it was the pure stuff...only twixt the girls.

Or....shudder...they don't bathe often and cover up the smell with perfume.

WHAT possesses women who work in an office environment to wear LOADS of crap perfume?

I'd rather smell BO and I'm not kidding.

They are probably in such a habit, they don't even notice it and think no one else does. I love a quality fragrance, but am in agreement, not in the workplace. It may negatively impact a co-worker or customer....one never knows...better safe than sorry. A small thing, really.

There is a place downtown that sells ethnic stuff. I LOVE ethnic home decor, but ya gotta wear a gas mask because the idiot owner ALWAYS has nag champa burning. Not subtle scent...it's all over the store.

There is a place downtown that sells ethnic stuff. I LOVE ethnic home decor, but ya gotta wear a gas mask because the idiot owner ALWAYS has nag champa burning. Not subtle scent...it's all over the store.

Oh do love nag champa! Soft rhythmic music piped all over too. ( Or rock ) Puts me in a "buying mood" for sure..

I have a whole pile of Nag Champa on my desk shelves right over my head here. What's great about that stuff is half the time you don't even have to light it. The scent drifts anyway.
And candles. Love candles. Especially the ones you don't have to light, too. When I had my shop, I had Nag Champa AND candles. None lit, of course,but the scent in that corner of the shop was heaven. Those with allergies stayed away from that corner but could still browse.

I miss my shop. :(

I have a whole pile of Nag Champa on my desk shelves right over my head here. What's great about that stuff is half the time you don't even have to light it. The scent drifts anyway.
And candles. Love candles. Especially the ones you don't have to light, too. When I had my shop, I had Nag Champa AND candles. None lit, of course,but the scent in that corner of the shop was heaven. Those with allergies stayed away from that corner but could still browse.

I miss your shop for you, Grace. I also have had Nag at home and in one business, but too many clients were allergic so I stopped using it. There is a brand of heavenly incense that is perfumed and oh man! Still Nag, is just the finest. Gimme that red box, large size, please...:lol:

I miss your shop for you, Grace. I also have had Nag at home and in one business, but too many clients were allergic so I stopped using it. There is a brand of heavenly incense that is perfumed and oh man! Still Nag, is just the finest. Gimme that red box, large size, please...:lol:

You would have loved my shop. It was so much fun. Things from around the world. Antiques and not so antiques, candles, incense, jewelry that was hand made from africa and native americans, native americana art and paintings, persian rugs, far east vases and urns, sarongs, clothing from Bali, victorian dressers and buffets and marble top tables, lamps, a treasure chest full of old beads and a measuring cup of 1 buck per cup for jewelry makers, shawls and sari's, skin lotions and wooden bowls hand carved in Hawaii, gemstones still on the matrix for rock lovers, pottery, bows and arrows hand made by the navajo, talavera pots and plates and pitchers, zapotec rugs...... Ceiling to floor full of merchandise. And the music I always played was some Enya, some Sacred Spirit, some reggae, enigma, Cafe De Luna, Diana Arkenstone, etc.
Sigh.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back