Is it ever acceptable to bomb a school or a hospital? (Poll)

Is it ever acceptable to bomb a school or a hospital?

• Yes

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters
I've seen people condemn Israel for atrocities, but be utterly silent about Hamas' war crimes.

That's supporting Hamas.

I've not. Anyone here defending Hamas invading Israel and taking hostages?

If so, speak up.

So admiral, please explain the military value of destroying schools and hospitals that serve as entry points to extensive tunnel systems.
Consider this:

3. Claims of Military Necessity:
- While some military forces, including Israel, argue that they target these sites due to the presence of militant groups using civilian infrastructure for military purposes, such claims must be scrutinized. The principle of proportionality in warfare requires that any military advantage gained must outweigh the potential harm to civilians.
- The justification for such attacks is often contested, with critics arguing that the military's actions may not adhere to the necessary legal standards to protect civilian lives.
Can you show us your posts where you urged restraint on the massacre of October 7th?

Seems you want to tie Israel's hands while you give a pass to the civilians who took part in the massacre and kidnappings.

This can end quickly as soon as the innocent people of Gaza turn over the hostages they've been holding and abusing.

I've not. Anyone here defending Hamas invading Israel and taking hostages?

If so, speak up.

lol you keep deflecting from having to comment on it at all and focus on sniveling about Israeli mop ups.

Last edited:
Can you show us your posts where you urged restraint on the massacre of October 7th?

Seems you want to tie Israel's hands while you give a pass to the civilians who took part in the massacre and kidnappings.

This can end quickly as soon as the innocent people of Gaza turn over the hostages they've been holding and abusing.

They've probably already killed most of them by now, which is why they can't surrender and are waiting for Biden and the UN to save them yet again.

In Gaza it seems to be ground forces, saving hospitals for patients and schools for kids.
Why? So, the Hamas' fighters can have a strategic advantage of having cover to fight from against advancing IDF forces?

We train our troops in urban combat for a reason. It's the worst situation you can find yourself in. I volunteered as opposition forces (OP4) against numerous Special Ops troops in urban combat for about 11 years. Most of the time we lost, but every once in a while, we bloodied up their troops badly.

We once trained a SEAL team prior to deployment to the Middle East. We did about a week and a half of exercises with them. At the end of the training the team commander requested all of the role-players to appear before their entire team in a briefing room. He told them, "All week, I have been telling your that you have been getting your asses kicked by grandfathers and teenagers. Here they are!" Our forces consisted of about 20 civilians who volunteered to do this training, most of us were regulars attending the training. We knew our training facilities. They did not. We had mostly senior high school aged kids about 16, college students, and a lot of grumpy old vets like me in their 40s and up in age, and we even had an 80-year-old ex-German army officer. Many times, when they could not breach our hideouts, they would simulate taking us out with an airstrike. We used schools, embassies, and hospitals as cover, as well as civilian housing. Often, we had role-players not in the fight to act as innocent civilians caught in the crossfire.

After 11 years going against these guys, we knew their tactics, procedures, and weapons, down to a "T". Hamas can learn just as quickly. and slaughter Jews at their leisure. A dumb bomb from an Israeli F-16s makes more sense if they are using cover.

So admiral, please explain the military value of destroying schools and hospitals that serve as entry points to extensive tunnel systems.
Consider this:

3. Claims of Military Necessity:
- While some military forces, including Israel, argue that they target these sites due to the presence of militant groups using civilian infrastructure for military purposes, such claims must be scrutinized. The principle of proportionality in warfare requires that any military advantage gained must outweigh the potential harm to civilians.
- The justification for such attacks is often contested, with critics arguing that the military's actions may not adhere to the necessary legal standards to protect civilian lives.

You included it in your own post, you moron! Can you not read your own post?

In honorable warfare, the combatants don't use civilians as human shields. When they do that all bets are off.
When combatants use civilians as human shields it's okay to kill the civilians? I suspect you advocate committing war crimes, but so do others. I guess in your worldview neither side holds any moral high ground. I suspect you have never been to a war college or been trained in what is taught at them.

Uhm, okay.

"Francis Lieber articulated an early version of the principle of proportionality: that civilians were not to be targeted, but were also not immune in all circumstances. The use of human shields is prohibited and defined as a war crime by several U.S. military manuals."
decent discussion:

It really sucks for the families, but this continuing history of dealing with hostage takers is getting ridiculous and just causing more deaths; time to punish those who have been using this despicable tactic, and not just Hamas.

I must admit, I've kinda forgot about all of this.

Do we still have hostages in Gitmo?

Hospitals Hamas turned into legitimate targets. And you agree that they can.

So stfu

Again (though I know I am wasting my time).

We bombed a hospital in Afghanistan using the same excuse.

There was no "enemy" there.

Forum List

Back