Permanent injunction against 10 round magazine ban? In California? Excellent....

Noteworthy is that the judge started the opinion with a quote from Teddy Kennedy during the Bork hearings, throwing that shit right back in Libtard's face.

Individual liberty and freedom are not outmoded concepts. “The judiciary is – and
is often the only – protector of individual rights that are at the heart of our democracy.” --
Senator Ted Kennedy, Senate Hearing on the Nomination of Robert Bork, 1987.

This is a great ruling. Commie California's high capacity magazine ban has been overturned by the court.

It is about time Liberty prevailed after all this silly oppressive Libtard SJW bullshit.

The Legal Definition of what is Prohibited under California Penal Code 32310. Under Penal Code 32310(a), it is a crime if any person: manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, buys, or receives any large-capacity magazine.

"Accordingly, based upon the law and the evidence, upon which there is no genuine issue, and for the reasons stated in this opinion, Plaintiffs’ motion for summary judgment is granted. California Penal Code § 32310 is hereby declared to be unconstitutional in its entirety and shall be enjoined."

http://michellawyers.com/wp-content...-2019-03-29-Order-Granting-Plaintiffs-MSJ.pdf
Right, because liberty means being able to shoot as many people as possible should you decide to.

Finally, common sense makes a slight comeback in Cali. We continue to need good and FAIR laws.

"The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California ruled Friday that California’s ban on ammunition magazines holding more than ten rounds violates the Second Amendment.
On June 29, 2017, Breitbart News reported that U.S. District Judge Roger Benitez blocked the implementation of California’s “high-capacity” magazine ban two days before it was to go into effect. He noted that the ban could not survive the test of District of Columbia v. Heller (2008), noting: “When the simple test of Heller is applied … the statute is adjudged an unconstitutional abridgment.”

On July 17, 2018, a three-judge panel from the United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit upheld Benitez’s ruling, voting 2-to-1 against the ban and sending the case back to Benitez."

Federal Judge: California's 'High-Capacity' Magazine Ban Unconstitutional
Of course its unconstitutional. There is no other interpretation for "Shall not be infringed". Any regulation or ban that restricts the 2nd Amendment for law abiding citizens is illegal.
The reason they put that into the constitution, it is to make sure that no one will be left defenseless at anytime. Cannons in those days of the 1700th. They were considered as weapons of mass destruction. It surely was not meant to go hunting with, or to protect themselves from a robber. and so that proves that second amendment was made to protect them from a rogue government and group of armed men or soldiers. But the politicians already knows that.

Yes, private citizens were allowed to own cannons, and many did. It was very common for private merchant ships (for example) to be equipped with cannons. They were called "armed merchantmen" - so yes, "arms" definitely did include cannons.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistori...e_americans_allowed_to_own_cannons_under_the/

only amateurs would use a large capacity magazine. They jam way more often and it takes only a couple seconds to change a magazine if you know what you are doing.
Something else that never gets mentioned is how much of a pain they are to load.

This is a great ruling. Commie California's high capacity magazine ban has been overturned by the court.

It is about time Liberty prevailed after all this silly oppressive Libtard SJW bullshit.

The Legal Definition of what is Prohibited under California Penal Code 32310. Under Penal Code 32310(a), it is a crime if any person: manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, buys, or receives any large-capacity magazine.

"Accordingly, based upon the law and the evidence, upon which there is no genuine issue, and for the reasons stated in this opinion, Plaintiffs’ motion for summary judgment is granted. California Penal Code § 32310 is hereby declared to be unconstitutional in its entirety and shall be enjoined."

http://michellawyers.com/wp-content...-2019-03-29-Order-Granting-Plaintiffs-MSJ.pdf
Right, because liberty means being able to shoot as many people as possible should you decide to.

I have over 300 high capacity magazines. Never shot anybody. I use them for legal purposes. Why should my Constitutional right be infringed because infrequently somebody does something else illegal?

Honorable Judge Roger T. Benitez, born in Havana Cuba. He understands what freedom is.

I have over 300 high capacity magazines. Never shot anybody. I use them for legal purposes. Why should my Constitutional right be infringed because infrequently somebody does something illegal?

Honorable Judge Roger T. Benitez, born in Havana Cuba. He understands what freedom is.
How nice for you.

How long untill the spree starts?

I have over 300 high capacity magazines. Never shot anybody. I use them for legal purposes. Why should my Constitutional right be infringed because infrequently somebody does something illegal?

How nice for you.

Are you an asshole suggesting that my Constitutional rights be taken away because somebody else might do something illegal in the future? That is retarded Sir!

How nice for you.

Are you an asshole suggesting that my Constitutional rights be taken away because somebody else might do something illegal in the future? That is retarded Sir!
Please, show me the constitutional right to high capacity magazines.

only amateurs would use a large capacity magazine. They jam way more often and it takes only a couple seconds to change a magazine if you know what you are doing.
Something else that never gets mentioned is how much of a pain they are to load.

If you don't want to lad them then don't buy them. Problem solved.
I don't.

They are for wannabe Rambo nut-jobs.

If you don't want them don't buy them. I only use a ten rounder for most of my range shooting. I have the other 300 higher capacity magazines because I can so you can go fuck yourself.

I don't.

If you don't want them don't buy them. I only use a ten rounder for most of my range shooting. I have the other 300 higher capacity magazines because I can so you can go fuck yourself.
"Because you can".

What a sophisticated, well thought out reason.

So by your own admission you use them for the legal purpose of laying around in a drawer?

Are they loaded? You know that's bad for them right? The spring gets weak if you leave it compressed for months on end and they won't feed right.

lF0cw9a.png
Any lawyer who references a Mother Jones study should be immediately disbarred.

How nice for you.

When are you going to cut off your dick to prevent rape?

Up to 30 Shots Fired In Squad-Sized Home Invasion In Texas

I don't.

You have much better things to do while we’re out playing “Rambo”...right?
Is that you on the left?
z8012objg9t11.jpg

Forum List

Back