Perry says he doesn't believe in global warming

Let's pretend for a minute that the overwhelming majority of scientists are wrong and man made pollution isn't contributing much to our climate change. What's the worst that can come from believing them right? Cleaner air and water? Ending our dependence on foreign oil? Actually having a manufacturing base in this country?

Whether or not you believe climate change is real, the demand for cleaner/greener energy IS real. People want electric cars, more hybrids, solar charging stations, biofuel vehicles, hydrogen and wind power, etc. These are products that people BUY (and we don't fucking MAKE).

How about: the cost of all those "alt" energy sources is far greater than what we have now. Therefore adopting them as mandatory would effectively be an enormous tax hike on people, especially the working class people the Left claims to represent.
If alt energy were so wonderful we wouldn't need gov't mandates telling us to use it.

But, like your beloved Trickle Down tried to do, wouldn't it also create more jobs and increase tax revenue? And once it becomes more established we will have created an entire new industry, added lots of jobs, increased tax revenue, reduced our dependance on foreign oil and made our nation cleaner for future generations.

Not bad, eh?

How do you create more wealth by taking money from people?

WHere do they teach this stuff???

According to Rasmussen Reports, those believing man can actually control the planet's thermostat have plummeted in number:

Just one-out-of-three voters (34%) now believe global warming is caused by human activity, the lowest finding yet in Rasmussen Reports national surveying. However, a plurality (48%) of the Political Class believes humans are to blame.

Forty-eight percent (48%) of all likely voters attribute climate change to long-term planetary trends, while seven percent (7%) blame some other reason. Eleven percent (11%) aren’t sure.

These numbers reflect a reversal from a year ago when 47% blamed human activity while 34% said long-term planetary trends.

I'm pretty sure Rasmussen DOES poll more Faux viewers than any other. We know how informed those Faux viewers are...

Dont like the message? Shoot the messenger.
At least you're taking your marching orders from Obama like a man.

Let's pretend for a minute that the overwhelming majority of scientists are wrong and man made pollution isn't contributing much to our climate change. What's the worst that can come from believing them right? Cleaner air and water? Ending our dependence on foreign oil? Actually having a manufacturing base in this country?

Whether or not you believe climate change is real, the demand for cleaner/greener energy IS real. People want electric cars, more hybrids, solar charging stations, biofuel vehicles, hydrogen and wind power, etc. These are products that people BUY (and we don't fucking MAKE).

Everyone wants a clean environment, but what people don't want is being lied to and mislead into believing things that are not true.

Wise up!

Guys it's just a coincidence that Gore has profited billions, he's spreading the man made global warming story solely because he cares about humanity, polar bears and on principle alone.

Again the money is a coincidence, the old line of "follow the money" is a lie..............................

According to Rasmussen Reports, those believing man can actually control the planet's thermostat have plummeted in number:

Just one-out-of-three voters (34%) now believe global warming is caused by human activity, the lowest finding yet in Rasmussen Reports national surveying. However, a plurality (48%) of the Political Class believes humans are to blame.

Forty-eight percent (48%) of all likely voters attribute climate change to long-term planetary trends, while seven percent (7%) blame some other reason. Eleven percent (11%) aren’t sure.

These numbers reflect a reversal from a year ago when 47% blamed human activity while 34% said long-term planetary trends.

I'm pretty sure Rasmussen DOES poll more Faux viewers than any other. We know how informed those Faux viewers are...

Back up your claim with some actual evidence and you may have a point.

From your link.

The poll also found significant differences depending how people voted. Those who voted Republican were more likely than those who voted Democratic to believe that: most economists have concluded that the health care law will increase the deficit (voted Republican 73%, voted Democratic 31%); the American economy is still getting worse (72% to 36%); the stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts (67% to 42%); most scientists do not agree that climate change is occurring (62% to 26%); and it is not clear that Obama was born within the United States (64% to 18%)

On the other hand those who voted Democratic were more likely to incorrectly believe that: it was proven to be true that the US Chamber of Commerce was spending large amounts of foreign money to support Republican candidates (voted Democratic 57%, voted Republican 9%); Obama has not increased the level of troops in Afghanistan (51% to 39%); and Democratic legislators did not mostly vote in favor of TARP (56% to 14%).

It seems to me that you think that people that do not cower in fear to Al Gore's fear mongering don't want to protect the environment at all. I think you are sorely mistaken on that.

I have my doubts about the AGW scare. I do, however, believe that mankind has affected the environment. I also believe we should be doing everything we can to protect the environment.

I question the motives of those who are trying to tell us that the sky is falling... and, by the way if you buy my product it will be a positive step to change for the environment. That would be people like Al Gore.

I'm all for eco-friendly products. I will say that I could do a much better job myself in being "green", but I'm learning.

Immie

Last edited:
Was just the first hit on google so might be better sources:

Polar bears are a global symbol of the threat posed by climate change but, at the same time, many observers say there are more of them roaming around than there were 30 years ago.
“The population is booming,” says Willy Aglukkaq, a guide and outfitter in the Inuit community of Gjoa Haven, who is seeing plenty of bears in the central Arctic.
No one can say with certainly how many bears there are and how healthy the populations are, and biologists say it is time Canada did a lot more to find out given the threats the bears face and the international attention they command.
“Without a doubt we need more monitoring,” says Andrew Derocher, at the University of Alberta, a world authority on polar bears.

Part of the problem is that the animals, often described as the largest terrestrial carnivore, spend most of their time on the sea ice in vast uninhabited areas.
“There are a few towns and the occasional hunter, but generally speaking, polar bears are where polar bears want to be, which is not the case for most terrestrial carnivores,” says de Groot, noting the bears are well off compared to planet’s tigers, leopards and lions.

:eusa_angel:

Polar bears are a global symbol of the threat posed by climate change but, at the same time, many observers say there are more of them roaming around than there were 30 years ago.
“The population is booming,” says Willy Aglukkaq, a guide and outfitter in the Inuit community of Gjoa Haven, who is seeing plenty of bears in the central Arctic.
No one can say with certainly how many bears there are and how healthy the populations are, and biologists say it is time Canada did a lot more to find out given the threats the bears face and the international attention they command.
“Without a doubt we need more monitoring,” says Andrew Derocher, at the University of Alberta, a world authority on polar bears.

Part of the problem is that the animals, often described as the largest terrestrial carnivore, spend most of their time on the sea ice in vast uninhabited areas.
“There are a few towns and the occasional hunter, but generally speaking, polar bears are where polar bears want to be, which is not the case for most terrestrial carnivores,” says de Groot, noting the bears are well off compared to planet’s tigers, leopards and lions.

Americans are well off compared to someone from Darfur, so why are we bitching about the way things are? The reason polar bears are "booming" has more to do with changes in hunting regulations, than proof that the Arctic climate isn't changing.

How about: the cost of all those "alt" energy sources is far greater than what we have now. Therefore adopting them as mandatory would effectively be an enormous tax hike on people, especially the working class people the Left claims to represent.
If alt energy were so wonderful we wouldn't need gov't mandates telling us to use it.

But, like your beloved Trickle Down tried to do, wouldn't it also create more jobs and increase tax revenue? And once it becomes more established we will have created an entire new industry, added lots of jobs, increased tax revenue, reduced our dependance on foreign oil and made our nation cleaner for future generations.

Not bad, eh?

How do you create more wealth by taking money from people?

WHere do they teach this stuff???

I don't know. All I know is that thanks to Reaganomics the government took more money from me.

Americans are well off compared to someone from Darfur, so why are we bitching about the way things are? The reason polar bears are "booming" has more to do with changes in hunting regulations, than proof that the Arctic climate isn't changing.

True, but the article doesn't even state for certain that the population is booming. It stated the opinion of one man and he was not even an expert.

Immie

Perry has closely held religious beliefs. Those beliefs make him an Evangelical Christian. To some, an Evangelical Christian is worse than a Muslim Jihadist. I don't get that. Course, I consider myself an Evangelical Christian as well. I really don't ever hear talk about killing "infidels" in church. Perhaps I haven't been invited to that class yet? And I don't think that we've ever stoned anyone to death at my church. But then again, maybe you have to be invited to that. It might not be like the Wednesday night supper we have each week where everyone is invited. I sometimes wonder if you have to bring your own stones to that sort of thing, or are they provided? Is there a sheet that is handed out that tells you how big they have to be or how much they have to weigh? And is there a protocol as to who gets to throw first? What do you wear to a stoning? Casual or business casual?

I assume that as Christians, we are less than intellectuals because we believe in God and Jesus Christ even though there is no hard, scientific proof to support such beliefs. We just "know in our hearts" that He exists and we invite Him into our lives. It's obviously much, much different than believing a group of scientists that say "we believe", or "we think", or we have "a strong evidentuary link" between man and climate change. But again their lack of hard, concrete scientific facts is much different.

Sometimes I really think I need a program to keep up.

Perry has closely held religious beliefs. Those beliefs make him an Evangelical Christian. To some, an Evangelical Christian is worse than a Muslim Jihadist. I don't get that. Course, I consider myself an Evangelical Christian as well. I really don't ever hear talk about killing "infidels" in church. Perhaps I haven't been invited to that class yet? And I don't think that we've ever stoned anyone to death at my church. But then again, maybe you have to be invited to that. It might not be like the Wednesday night supper we have each week where everyone is invited. I sometimes wonder if you have to bring your own stones to that sort of thing, or are they provided? Is there a sheet that is handed out that tells you how big they have to be or how much they have to weigh? And is there a protocol as to who gets to throw first? What do you wear to a stoning? Casual or business casual?

I assume that as Christians, we are less than intellectuals because we believe in God and Jesus Christ even though there is no hard, scientific proof to support such beliefs. We just "know in our hearts" that He exists and we invite Him into our lives. It's obviously much, much different than believing a group of scientists that say "we believe", or "we think", or we have "a strong evidentuary link" between man and climate change. But again their lack of hard, concrete scientific facts is much different.

No problem, the internet and those who teach basic science do a great job posting their studies and findings, that could constitute as your program and help you keep up.

No problem, the internet and those who teach basic science do a great job posting their studies and findings, that could constitute as your program and help you keep up.

Yes there are many. They always include the words..Maybe, possibly, could be, it appears to be. Seems to be. ETC

You guys can believe what you want, like i posted, first hit on google, i had reviewed articles about this topic for my website butt news breaks fast at BTD.

The articles i saw wernt on the tip of my brain for linking.

i do feel you climate nutters are just left wing dolts bent on bringing the USA down, get it got it good.

Yes there are many. They always include the words..Maybe, possibly, could be, it appears to be. Seems to be. ETC

No not really, no credible scientist would ever say "maybe evolution happens" or "possibly evolution happens" or "evolution could be" or "there appears to be evolution." None of that ever happens, evolution is a scientific fact.

Here's the perfect comparison, you have evolution and gravity, and separately you have the theory of evolution and the theory of gravity.

Denying evolution happens is every bit as stupid as denying gravity happens.

Followed by the internet reports, blogs and posts that declare that anyone that does not accept everything the program(ming) says as gospel is an absolute loon.

Immie

Did you go git som moar munny from Obammy's stash?

Did you go git som moar munny from Obammy's stash?

I find it funny everytime you post. Everything you stand for is counterproductive to where you actually are in life. Well done.

Forum List

Back