Perry says he doesn't believe in global warming

“We’re not going to win a national election if we become the anti-science party,” John Weaver, Jon Huntsman’s chief strategist, said in an interview Wednesday. “The American people are looking for someone who lives in reality and is a truth teller because that’s the only way that the significant problems this country faces can be solved. It appears that the only science that Mitt Romney believes in is the science of polling, and that science clearly was not a mandatory course for Governor Perry.”

John Weaver scolds Rick Perry on global warming - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

Well said, and the very reason I will vote for Ron Paul.
LMAO!

If Obama came out today and stated he's using unprecedent Presidential powers to immediately legalize all dope, half of you Paullettes would be campaigning for him by midnight...The other half of you Paullettes would be waiting for him to legalize hookers.

And don't even try to fuckin' lie about it.

“We’re not going to win a national election if we become the anti-science party,” John Weaver, Jon Huntsman’s chief strategist, said in an interview Wednesday. “The American people are looking for someone who lives in reality and is a truth teller because that’s the only way that the significant problems this country faces can be solved. It appears that the only science that Mitt Romney believes in is the science of polling, and that science clearly was not a mandatory course for Governor Perry.”

John Weaver scolds Rick Perry on global warming - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

LMAO!

If Obama came out today and stated he's using unprecedent Presidential powers to immediately legalize all dope, half of you Paullettes would be campaigning for him by midnight...The other half of you Paullettes would be waiting for him to legalize hookers.

Have you ever said or typed a sentence that wasn't a talking point?

According to Rasmussen Reports, those believing man can actually control the planet's thermostat have plummeted in number:

Just one-out-of-three voters (34%) now believe global warming is caused by human activity, the lowest finding yet in Rasmussen Reports national surveying. However, a plurality (48%) of the Political Class believes humans are to blame.

Forty-eight percent (48%) of all likely voters attribute climate change to long-term planetary trends, while seven percent (7%) blame some other reason. Eleven percent (11%) aren’t sure.

These numbers reflect a reversal from a year ago when 47% blamed human activity while 34% said long-term planetary trends.

I'm pretty sure Rasmussen DOES poll more Faux viewers than any other. We know how informed those Faux viewers are...

Link please?

LMAO!

Have you ever said or typed a sentence that wasn't a talking point?
Truth is truth....If it bugs ya' too fuckin bad.

Many of the Paullettes are Pauls worst enemy....That's a fact......As it's also a fact that they support him for his dope and hooker stands.

But hey, who can blame 'em.....If I was a doper who couldn't get laid without payin' for it, and faced the possibility o' criminal charges, i'd be supportin' Paul too!:razz:

Last edited:
Was just the first hit on google so might be better sources:
Polar bears are a global symbol of the threat posed by climate change but, at the same time, many observers say there are more of them roaming around than there were 30 years ago.
“The population is booming,” says Willy Aglukkaq, a guide and outfitter in the Inuit community of Gjoa Haven, who is seeing plenty of bears in the central Arctic.
No one can say with certainly how many bears there are and how healthy the populations are, and biologists say it is time Canada did a lot more to find out given the threats the bears face and the international attention they command.
“Without a doubt we need more monitoring,” says Andrew Derocher, at the University of Alberta, a world authority on polar bears.

Part of the problem is that the animals, often described as the largest terrestrial carnivore, spend most of their time on the sea ice in vast uninhabited areas.
“There are a few towns and the occasional hunter, but generally speaking, polar bears are where polar bears want to be, which is not the case for most terrestrial carnivores,” says de Groot, noting the bears are well off compared to planet’s tigers, leopards and lions.

Americans are well off compared to someone from Darfur, so why are we bitching about the way things are? The reason polar bears are "booming" has more to do with changes in hunting regulations, than proof that the Arctic climate isn't changing.

I call. You know as much about changes in Alaskan hunting regulation over the last thirty years as you know about the width of my foot.

There is no science supporting the allegation that polar bears are in anyway threatened and the pseudo-scientist that attempted to say they were drowning is under investigation by the Feds for making the claim. NEED I MENTION -- AND THAT'S UNDER OBAMA.

Crackpot scientist under investigation

I call. You know as much about changes in Alaskan hunting regulation over the last thirty years as you know about the width of my foot.

There is no science supporting the allegation that polar bears are in anyway threatened and the pseudo-scientist that attempted to say they were drowning is under investigation by the Feds for making the claim. NEED I MENTION -- AND THAT'S UNDER OBAMA.

Crackpot scientist under investigation

Thank you, some of these guys expect a link with an opinion butt

they spout whatever they feel like.

:thewave:

It has warmed during the past 30 years, but the debate is what caused it, is it humans or nature cycles. I say until the data supports human caused global warming. Then Perry is likely right...We can't destroy our economy over something that may not be us.

Last edited:
According to Rasmussen Reports, those believing man can actually control the planet's thermostat have plummeted in number:

Just one-out-of-three voters (34%) now believe global warming is caused by human activity, the lowest finding yet in Rasmussen Reports national surveying. However, a plurality (48%) of the Political Class believes humans are to blame.

Forty-eight percent (48%) of all likely voters attribute climate change to long-term planetary trends, while seven percent (7%) blame some other reason. Eleven percent (11%) aren’t sure.

These numbers reflect a reversal from a year ago when 47% blamed human activity while 34% said long-term planetary trends.

I'm pretty sure Rasmussen DOES poll more Faux viewers than any other. We know how informed those Faux viewers are...

Link please?

I thought not.

There is not enough scientific evidence to call global warming a "theory".

It is just an "opinion" of some scientists.

Rick Perry is just giving his personal opinion.

His opinion is just as valid as their opinion.

Interesting.

Rick Perry's opinion on global warming is just as valid as scientists' opinions on global warming?

I guess we don't really need doctors, scientists, do we?

We can just walk up to total strangers on the street and ask their opinions on any subject under the sun.

Or maybe we should just tune in to talk radio. Yeah, that's the ticket. (Thank you, Jon Lovitz)

Yeah, let's tune in to talk radio to get a high school graduate's opinion on monetary policy and macroeconomics. Their opinions are just as valid as economists.

Give me a break, one day mars is getting hotter to, then the earth is cooler cause china burned coal, then the polar bears are drowning, now they are not, so because of all that grandmum cant afford to heat her house because the libs have made it to expensive.

Then we want to burn a clean fuel the US has plenty of and the libs oppose fracking, all while the rest of the world is kicking the US's ass and will own the US if the libs have their way.

You libs are out of control. Thats the problem, we know it and you all are being called on it. The heat is on ya'll and it aint from the globe, its from common sense.

Your war on capitalism was doing pretty well until the people woke up. Now the tide has turned and its the libs, not the coastline that going underwater.

It has warmed during the past 30 years, but the debate is what caused it, is it humans or nature cycles. I say until the data supports human caused global warming. Then Perry is likely right...We can't destroy our economy over something that may not be us.

I don't quite agree with what you said here. I think mankind has affected the environment. I don't think we are a heartbeat away from catastrophe.

Nor do I believe that investing in R&D seeking more environmentally friendly products would ruin our economy if we could just shut Al Gore up we might actually get something productive done.

Immie

There is not enough scientific evidence to call global warming a "theory".

It is just an "opinion" of some scientists.

Rick Perry is just giving his personal opinion.

His opinion is just as valid as their opinion.

Interesting.

Rick Perry's opinion on global warming is just as valid as scientists' opinions on global warming?

I guess we don't really need doctors, scientists, do we?

We can just walk up to total strangers on the street and ask their opinions on any subject under the sun.

Or maybe we should just tune in to talk radio. Yeah, that's the ticket. (Thank you, Jon Lovitz)

Yeah, let's tune in to talk radio to get a high school graduate's opinion on monetary policy and macroeconomics. Their opinions are just as valid as economists.
Like Perry, I prefer sientists who don't have a financial dog in the fight, or are led by the leash by a loony ex-vice president who has created a fraudulent cash cow, and leaves a carbon footprint as big as his head as he travels the world blowing real hard.

New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism - Yahoo! News

Some facts and figures about the ongoing drought in Texas:

— Texas is in its most severe one-year drought on record.

— The drought is the second-worst on record, behind only a dry spell that lasted for most of the 1950s.

— During its typically wettest months, April and May, the state got no significant rainfall.

— Texas would need more than 4.5 inches of rain in the next two months to avoid breaking the 1956 record for driest 12 consecutive months.

— Texas had its hottest June on record, and it was the fifth warmest month overall.

— July was the warmest month ever recorded for Texas, with data going back to 1895.The Associated Press: A look at the ongoing drought in Texas

— The drought is the second-worst on record, behind only a dry spell that lasted for most of the 1950s.

— During its typically wettest months, April and May, the state got no significant rainfall.

— Texas would need more than 4.5 inches of rain in the next two months to avoid breaking the 1956 record for driest 12 consecutive months.

— Texas had its hottest June on record, and it was the fifth warmest month overall.

— July was the warmest month ever recorded for Texas, with data going back to 1895.The Associated Press: A look at the ongoing drought in Texas
That proves nothing.

This summer here in So. Cal, we are experiencing lower temperatures then normal.

In fact, this last week has been the warmest, and we're already halfway through August.

Next.

That proves nothing.

This summer here in So. Cal, we are experiencing lower temperatures then normal.

In fact, this last week has been the warmest, and we're already halfway through August.

Next.

According to NOAA scientists, 2010 tied with 2005 as the warmest year of the global surface temperature record, beginning in 1880. This was the 34th consecutive year with global temperatures above the 20th century average. For the contiguous United States alone, the 2010 average annual temperature was above normal, resulting in the 23rd warmest year on record.

NOAA: 2010 Tied For Warmest Year on Record

It's not just the ocean off the Northeast coast that is super-warm this summer. July was the hottest the world's oceans have been in almost 130 years of record-keeping.

The average water temperature worldwide was 62.6 degrees, according to the National Climatic Data Center, the branch of the U.S. government that keeps world weather records. June was only slightly cooler, while August could set another record, scientists say. The previous record was set in July 1998 during a powerful El Nino weather pattern.

At a full degree above the 20th century average of 61.5 degrees, "the global ocean surface temperature for July 2009 was the warmest on record," the center said.

World's ocean temps warmest recorded - US news - Environment - Climate Change - msnbc.com

NSIDC%20sea%20ice%20extent%20oct%202010.png

It's not just the ocean off the Northeast coast that is super-warm this summer. July was the hottest the world's oceans have been in almost 130 years of record-keeping.

The average water temperature worldwide was 62.6 degrees, according to the National Climatic Data Center, the branch of the U.S. government that keeps world weather records. June was only slightly cooler, while August could set another record, scientists say. The previous record was set in July 1998 during a powerful El Nino weather pattern.

At a full degree above the 20th century average of 61.5 degrees, "the global ocean surface temperature for July 2009 was the warmest on record," the center said.

World's ocean temps warmest recorded - US news - Environment - Climate Change - msnbc.com
And what were the temps 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 hundred years ago?

It proves NOTHING!........It sure as hell doesn't prove man made either.

Forum List

Back