Personal Beliefs vs Morning After Pill

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Let's just say you're a cashier at a pharmacy or grocery store and a customer walks up with a "Plan B One Step" abortion kit.

Then let's say your personal religious beliefs are so opposed to abortion that the idea of selling the product causes you extreme emotional distress.

1) should you have the right to refuse the sale?

2) should the company you work for accommodate your personal beliefs?

3) should the company have the right to fire you (if you refuse the sale) in this situation?

4) Should you forget what you truly believe to your soul and bend to the will of the government.?

5)...:eusa_think:

The "morning after" pill can be bought today from the shelves of most pharmacies and grocery stores, available to anyone of any age without restrictions, in a step that profoundly eases access to emergency contraception.

This simple relocation of the once-controversial "Plan B One Step" -- next to condoms, tampons and sanitary napkins, instead of behind pharmacy counters -- represents the final step in a complex decadelong legal battle to make it more easily available to women who want to prevent pregnancy after unprotected sex.

'Morning after' pill goes on sale Thursday in pharmacies and grocery stores, available to anyone - San Jose Mercury News

Last edited:
If you're a cashier at a drug store, and your religious views prevent you from doing your job, you should look for employment somewhere else.

If you're a cashier at a drug store, and your religious views prevent you from doing your job, you should look for employment somewhere else.

So you should give up your livelihood because of liberal policies and have zero recourse?

So you should give up your livelihood because of liberal policies and have zero recourse?

If your "livelihood" is working as a cashier in a drug store, you've got a lot bigger issues to worry about.

Selling the things in the store is the job of a cashier. If they refuse to do so, they can find a job somewhere else.

If your "livelihood" is working as a cashier in a drug store, you've got a lot bigger issues to worry about.

Selling the things in the store is the job of a cashier. If they refuse to do so, they can find a job somewhere else.

Kinda uppity of you...I've always thought an honest living deserves respect..

Liberal policies trump an individuals religious beliefs...got Ya, thanks for your honest opinion..

Last edited:

No troll, 'you' are not in a position to judge others and deny the legal actions of another person. Your recourse is to excuse yourself and have the manager make the sale. Better yet, 'you' should shut your mouth and do the job or quit.

If I were denied the purchase I would toss money on the floor and take the product home after telling the self righteous asshole to go fuck his/her self.

You had to know, going in. what all a pharmacy/store sells

I work in restaurants, and my personal beliefs keep me from looking for employment at places like Chili's or Applebee's are any bar-type atmosphere.

If it upsets one that much, they really should go be a cashier at a Dollar Tree or Family Dollar, etc....

The "morning after" pill can be bought today from the shelves of most pharmacies and grocery stores, available to anyone of any age without restrictions, in a step that profoundly eases access to emergency contraception.

to bad for $ara and the Tea Party Express ...

No troll, 'you' are not in a position to judge others and deny the legal actions of another person. Your recourse is to excuse yourself and have the manager make the sale. Better yet, 'you' should shut your mouth and do the job or quit.

If I were denied the purchase I would toss money on the floor and take the product home after telling the self righteous asshole to go fuck his/her self.

Damn.. you Democrats are heartless bastards to the working class and children...no surprise, (phoney rhetoric = Democrats)...:lol:

Last edited:

So you'd be a spoiled little brat..

Last edited:

Nope, simply assertive.

Nope, simply assertive.

Simple indeed..:lol:

Do you think a Mormon waiter should be able to refuse to sell customers alcohol?

Let's just say you're a cashier at a pharmacy or grocery store and a customer walks up with a "Plan B One Step" abortion kit.

Then let's say your personal religious beliefs are so opposed to abortion that the idea of selling the product causes you extreme emotional distress.

3) should the company have the right to fire you (if you refuse the sale) in this situation?

4) Should you forget what you truly believe to your soul and bend to the will of the government.?

This simple relocation of the once-controversial "Plan B One Step" -- next to condoms, tampons and sanitary napkins, instead of behind pharmacy counters -- represents the final step in a complex decadelong legal battle to make it more easily available to women who want to prevent pregnancy after unprotected sex.

'Morning after' pill goes on sale Thursday in pharmacies and grocery stores, available to anyone - San Jose Mercury News

If you choose to work in a pharmacy, I don't give a shit about your religious beliefs. Sell the damned pill, and if you don't like it, get out and find a new job.

That goes for the pharmacist, too.

Methinks Lumpy 1 has more in common with the Taliban than the ethos of the vast majority of our nation's citizens. No doubt he's a ditto-head.

If you choose to work in a pharmacy, I don't give a shit about your religious beliefs. Sell the damned pill, and if you don't like it, get out and find a new job.

That goes for the pharmacist, too.

Sheesh, were not talking about the pharmacy or the pharmacist him/herself the laws have just changed and the item is sold over the counter/general store and the cashier has worked there, let's say for 5yrs already.

Methinks Lumpy 1 has more in common with the Taliban than the ethos of the vast majority of our nation's citizens. No doubt he's a ditto-head.

I wish you were better at being a smart-ass..you kinda suck at it..

Forum List

Back