Personal Beliefs vs Morning After Pill

Again:

Should a Mormon waiter be able to refuse to serve coffee and booze to his customers?

You're comparing the premeditated taking of human life and the moral judgements involved... to selling coffee and booze...interesting.

At least with booze you have to be 21yrs. old, with the morning after pill you could buy it over-the-counter at any age (any age), without any parental knowledge..

Last edited:
Again:

Should a Mormon waiter be able to refuse to serve coffee and booze to his customers?

You're comparing the premeditated taking of human life and the moral judgements involved... to selling coffee and booze...interesting.

At least with booze you have to be 21yrs. old, with the morning after pill you could buy it over-the-counter at any age (any age), without any parental knowledge..

No, I'm not. Pay attention.

You are claiming that a cashier's religious beliefs should be able to trump their job responsibilities. I'm asking if that bizarre claim should apply to any religious beliefs, or just the ones that you believe too.

Plan B isn't an abortificant, so all that blather about "premeditated murder" is nonsense anyway.

Again:

No, I'm not. Pay attention.

You are claiming that a cashier's religious beliefs should be able to trump their job responsibilities. I'm asking if that bizarre claim should apply to any religious beliefs, or just the ones that you believe too.

Plan B isn't an abortificant, so all that blather about "premeditated murder" is nonsense anyway.

You're not now...:lol:

I suppose if you'd read the OP and the link, you could follow along.

Why would a Mormon start a job selling coffee and booze if it was against his religious beliefs, that's just silly.

and previous to this liberal Democrat law being passed, the morning after pill was sold at the pharmacy, not over the counter..Long after the cashier made the decision to accept her position.

Last edited:
Let's just say you're a cashier at a pharmacy or grocery store and a customer walks up with a "Plan B One Step" abortion kit.

Then let's say your personal religious beliefs are so opposed to abortion that the idea of selling the product causes you extreme emotional distress.

1) should you have the right to refuse the sale?

2) should the company you work for accommodate your personal beliefs?

3) should the company have the right to fire you (if you refuse the sale) in this situation?

4) Should you forget what you truly believe to your soul and bend to the will of the government.?

5)...:eusa_think:

The "morning after" pill can be bought today from the shelves of most pharmacies and grocery stores, available to anyone of any age without restrictions, in a step that profoundly eases access to emergency contraception.

This simple relocation of the once-controversial "Plan B One Step" -- next to condoms, tampons and sanitary napkins, instead of behind pharmacy counters -- represents the final step in a complex decadelong legal battle to make it more easily available to women who want to prevent pregnancy after unprotected sex.

'Morning after' pill goes on sale Thursday in pharmacies and grocery stores, available to anyone - San Jose Mercury News

1. Everyone should always have the right to refuse to do business with anyone else or to not carry a product if they do not want to.
  2. I think they should, but I don't think the government should determine if they do or not.
  3. Yes.
  4. Never.
  5. :eusa_whistle:

If you're a cashier at a drug store, and your religious views prevent you from doing your job, you should look for employment somewhere else.

So you should give up your livelihood because of liberal policies and have zero recourse?

No troll, 'you' are not in a position to judge others and deny the legal actions of another person. Your recourse is to excuse yourself and have the manager make the sale. Better yet, 'you' should shut your mouth and do the job or quit.

If I were denied the purchase I would toss money on the floor and take the product home after telling the self righteous asshole to go fuck his/her self.

What if I am the owner of the store and decide I don't want to carry the product. Since the manager works for me, and has to follow my rules, he wouldn't be able to make the sale anyway.

Let's just say you're a cashier at a pharmacy or grocery store and a customer walks up with a "Plan B One Step" abortion kit.

Then let's say your personal religious beliefs are so opposed to abortion that the idea of selling the product causes you extreme emotional distress.

1) should you have the right to refuse the sale?

2) should the company you work for accommodate your personal beliefs?

3) should the company have the right to fire you (if you refuse the sale) in this situation?

4) Should you forget what you truly believe to your soul and bend to the will of the government.?

5)...:eusa_think:

The "morning after" pill can be bought today from the shelves of most pharmacies and grocery stores, available to anyone of any age without restrictions, in a step that profoundly eases access to emergency contraception.

This simple relocation of the once-controversial "Plan B One Step" -- next to condoms, tampons and sanitary napkins, instead of behind pharmacy counters -- represents the final step in a complex decadelong legal battle to make it more easily available to women who want to prevent pregnancy after unprotected sex.

'Morning after' pill goes on sale Thursday in pharmacies and grocery stores, available to anyone - San Jose Mercury News

If you choose to work in a pharmacy, I don't give a shit about your religious beliefs. Sell the damned pill, and if you don't like it, get out and find a new job.

That goes for the pharmacist, too.

Again, shouldn't that be up to the stores, not to you? Why do you get to dictate employment policies to business you do not own?

Again, shouldn't that be up to the stores, not to you? Why do you get to dictate employment policies to business you do not own?

... it is the Law.

... it is the Law.

There are laws that require pharmacies to carry the pill because there are a bunch of idiots that think government telling people what to do is a good thing. There are no laws that require non pharmacists to sell the pill because Obama fought tooth and nail to prevent the day after pill from being sold OTC.

... it is the Law.

There are laws that require pharmacies to carry the pill because there are a bunch of idiots that think government telling people what to do is a good thing. There are no laws that require non pharmacists to sell the pill because Obama fought tooth and nail to prevent the day after pill from being sold OTC.

The decision to make the product available came after a string of legal defeats. In June, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit refused to delay part of a lower-court judge's order to make the pill available over the counter to people of all ages.

There are no laws that require non pharmacists to sell the pill ...

nor laws allowing personal beliefs to superseded the rights protected by law.

If you're a cashier at a drug store, and your religious views prevent you from doing your job, you should look for employment somewhere else.

Shouldn't that be up to the stores, not to you?

It should be up to the store, but not up to an individual employee.

Re-read lumpy's hypothetical.

You want to fire people that disagree with you, but support Obama who fought the court order to allow these pills to be sold OTC.

In other words, you are the one with the problem here, not a random employee who might object to selling the morning after pill.

... it is the Law.

The decision to make the product available came after a string of legal defeats. In June, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit refused to delay part of a lower-court judge's order to make the pill available over the counter to people of all ages.
There are no laws that require non pharmacists to sell the pill ...

nor laws allowing personal beliefs to superseded the rights protected by law.

Buying a pill is not a right, and Obama is the one that lost the fight to sell the pill OTC, not the pharmacists.

Shouldn't that be up to the stores, not to you?

It should be up to the store, but not up to an individual employee.

Re-read lumpy's hypothetical.

You want to fire people that disagree with you, but support Obama who fought the court order to allow these pills to be sold OTC.

In other words, you are the one with the problem here, not a random employee who might object to selling the morning after pill.

I don't support Obama, and never really have. I didn't vote for him either time.

Nor do I own a pharmacy, or "want" to fire anyone.

I don't know what point you're trying to make here.

I want to make sure we understand each other.

Are you saying that you think a Mormon waiter that works in a restaurant that serves alcohol should be able to refuse sale on moral grounds and retain their job?

What part of yes did you not understand?

I'm pretty surprised at this. I would have suspected that you would support the owner's right to fire an employee who refuses to do their job.

Forum List

Back