Pete Rose and Dikembe Mutombo RIP

Poor Pete won't get to see his name in the HOF while he is still alive.

Does he even qualify anymore?

Maybe they will add him post-humous. As they should McGwire, Bonds and Clemens, though its possible none of them are ever forgiven.

TMZ Sports reported that Rose, who racked up 4,256 hits over a 24-year career, died at his home in Las Vegas on Monday morning. Agent Ryan Fiterman confirmed the news to TMZ Sports, adding the “family is asking for privacy at this time.

Rose, nicknamed “Charlie Hustle” for his hard-nosed approach to the game, spent the lion’s share of his career with the Cincinnati Reds, winning rookie of the year and MVP honors as well as two World Series titles during his 19 seasons with the club. He also spent one season with the Montreal Expos and five seasons with the Philadelphia Phillies, including as a member of the 1980 World Series champions.

peterosekhfkj.png

Watch the documentary on Max Charlie Hustle and the question of Pete Rose, it is really good, and doesn't show Rose in the best light, either.

He was an amazing switch hitter, one of the best of all time, surely the most prolific

I always liked Pete Rose, and collected a bunch of Pete Rose memorabilia as I was growing up. Everything from the 1985 Cincinnati Enquirer newspaper highlighting his all-time hit record, Wheaties boxes with Pete Rose, a signed Louisville Slugger and PSA graded ball cards from his rookie year through the mid 70s.

Pete would sign anything for a dollar, there are a lot of his autographs out there. Dude was a beast of a hitter, and likely one of the earliest steroid users in baseball.

Poor Pete won't get to see his name in the HOF while he is still alive.

Does he even qualify anymore?

Maybe they will add him post-humous. As they should McGwire, Bonds and Clemens, though its possible none of them are ever forgiven.
Not having those guys in the HOF diminishes the HOF

The Hall of Fame can’t claim to honor the best players of all time when so many great players are excluded.

If I were to name the top 10 players I have seen in my life….
Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Alex Rodriquez, Mark McGuire and Pete Rose would be on that list

Not having those guys in the HOF diminishes the HOF

The Hall of Fame can’t claim to honor the best players of all time when so many great players are excluded.

If I were to name the top 10 players I have seen in my life….
Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Alex Rodriquez, Mark McGuire and Pete Rose would be on that list
Pete Rose lied to their face until the day he died. Why did they have any obligation to reward that? Not having him in it didn't mean he would never be in. If Rose goes in, then you have to put in Shoeless Joe Jackson, one of the greatest hitters to ever play nthe game.

Pete Rose lied to their face until the day he died. Why did they have any obligation to reward that? Not having him in it didn't mean he would never be in. If Rose goes in, then you have to put in Shoeless Joe Jackson, one of the greatest hitters to ever play nthe game.

Rose was an asshole
But was one of the greatest players ever to play the game.

That is what a HOF is for

Forum List

Back