Petraeus Says Florida Church Koran Burning Threatens Troops

I tend to see things pretty much this way. I dont care for being blackmailed .

Petraeus is wrong to say this will threaten American troops. This is based on the assumption that they are fighting us because we are doing things they don't like.

Actually they are fighting us because of imperatives within the Islamic faith.

They will never like us unless we convert to Islam or submit to Islamic rule.

If we stop doing things they dislike, where will we draw the line?

How far will Sharia advance in the U.S., with Americans afraid to stop its advance for fear of offending Muslims and stirring them up to violence?

The Muslim Students Association is already pushing for halal cafeterias, segregated dorms, segregated gym facilities on campus. This is incompatible with American freedom. We have to draw the line.

P Geller.

Well one thing is for sure. Thanks to this pastor, the shit is already hitting the fan here!! Thanks to him, we're all going to have to work harder at even greater risk. The biggest tragedy, however, is a lot of the good that is now being undone. Talk about how to throw away the opportunity to win hearts and minds. I hope he is proud of himself. I hope he is also proud of what he is doing to the image of the USA throughout the world. Make your voices heard people...loud and clear!

So you blame the pastor? And, not the ones throwing the shit at the fan blades? Guess we can flush free speech (however vile) down the toilet. And whatever made you think you could win the hearts and minds of these folk? Didn't they murder a Danish man for a cartoon? Does that sound reasonable to you?

My god Willow. I thought you were better than that. Do you really think the boys and girls in Afghanistan are trying to win the hearts and minds of extremists. They are the ones they hunt down and kill. You'll find Bootneck is talking about the ordinary peoiple who just want to get on with their lives. The villagers and townspeople that were being turned, who will now be worked upon by the Taliban propaganda machine. The trouble with some of you people is you really don't know what you're talking about. Bigotry and self interest rules your lives.

Well one thing is for sure. Thanks to this pastor, the shit is already hitting the fan here!! Thanks to him, we're all going to have to work harder at even greater risk. The biggest tragedy, however, is a lot of the good that is now being undone. Talk about how to throw away the opportunity to win hearts and minds. I hope he is proud of himself. I hope he is also proud of what he is doing to the image of the USA throughout the world. Make your voices heard people...loud and clear!

Stop complaining! Think of the overtime!! :lol:

Military personnel are paid a set amount per month based on rank and time in service, and, because we are considered to be on duty 24 hours a day, there is no such thing as overtime........that's a civilian perk.

Bootneck has just told you that things are ramping up over there and that they are having to take extra safety measures because of this idiot preacher.

What are you stupid fucks advocating for the book burning going to do when a whole bunch of troops end up taking a suicide bombing, and then the Taliban comes out and announces the reason they did it was retaliation for this idiot in Florida?

Are you still going to tout free speech even though it kills several of our soldiers over there? Are you going to be like the preacher and say "sorry, but we can't back down"?

I'm sure that will be great consolation for the dead soldier's family......"he died for free speech".

If a muslim wants to act religious and go kill someone , they dont need an excuse because of a kook in florida , all they need to do is flip the Quran open and pick a reason .

So you blame the pastor? And, not the ones throwing the shit at the fan blades? Guess we can flush free speech (however vile) down the toilet. And whatever made you think you could win the hearts and minds of these folk? Didn't they murder a Danish man for a cartoon? Does that sound reasonable to you?

My god Willow. I thought you were better than that. Do you really think the boys and girls in Afghanistan are trying to win the hearts and minds of extremists. They are the ones they hunt down and kill. You'll find Bootneck is talking about the ordinary peoiple who just want to get on with their lives. The villagers and townspeople that were being turned, who will now be worked upon by the Taliban propaganda machine. The trouble with some of you people is you really don't know what you're talking about. Bigotry and self interest rules your lives.

I agree with that but that works both ways. The every day family in Afghanistan wants no part of the Taliban and it's dictatorial mandates over them and their families but they trust us even less.
We are known to make promises that we will fight their enemies such as the Taliban and then up and LEAVE when the mess gets thick and poiltics wins the game once again.

I don't believe that their is any winning their hearts and minds. It is amazing however that they are having tantrums already about something that has not even occurred.

Have you not heard of how skilful the Taliban have become at PR. They will be using this to inflame ordinary people against all Westerners.

If a muslim wants to act religious and go kill someone , they dont need an excuse because of a kook in florida , all they need to do is flip the Quran open and pick a reason .

So, you are saying nothing we do or say makes a difference to muslims?

I've never seen you go this far off the reservation Ravi, and that's saying something.

You call it an act of violence.

You call it an attempt to intimidate.

You call it a hate crime.

Yet you concede that it's legal.

The mere fact that you can't even see how contradictory your reasoning is, or how ridiculous your arguments have become, tells me that you desperately need to unplug and take some time off... for your own good.

True story :thup:
I said it may be a hate crime. If burning a cross on someone's lawn is a hate crime I'm not sure why this can't be considered one. If it is a hate crime then it is not legal. I'm not convinced either way.

If you're not sure that this is protected speech then you DEFINITELY need to take some time off to clear your head.

PS: You do realize that for something to be a hate crime, the act itself has to be criminal... right?
Does it? I'm not so sure.

Military personnel are paid a set amount per month based on rank and time in service, and, because we are considered to be on duty 24 hours a day, there is no such thing as overtime........that's a civilian perk.

Bootneck has just told you that things are ramping up over there and that they are having to take extra safety measures because of this idiot preacher.

What are you stupid fucks advocating for the book burning going to do when a whole bunch of troops end up taking a suicide bombing, and then the Taliban comes out and announces the reason they did it was retaliation for this idiot in Florida?

Are you still going to tout free speech even though it kills several of our soldiers over there? Are you going to be like the preacher and say "sorry, but we can't back down"?

I'm sure that will be great consolation for the dead soldier's family......"he died for free speech".

Biker! Relax man. Bootneck is my Godson and ward. The overtime line is one of our 'in' gags! As for the rest of what you say, I agree.

Biker! Relax man. Bootneck is my Godson and ward. The overtime line is one of our 'in' gags! As for the rest of what you say, I agree.
Your ward? Are you Batman or royalty or something?

This American speaks only for herself, although she suspects that many millions of Americans will agree with her when she says..... "We're sorry that one of our less intelligent citizens is choosing a course of action that puts you and your fellow servicemen in greater danger. We are mortally ashamed of his actions."

As is my right, I have contacted this moronic Pastor and, politely, appealed to something that I fear does not exist.... his conscience. I've asked him, on behalf of those who have family and friends serving, not to put our loved ones in greater danger. I have mentioned that it is not just Americans that will be affected. But, somehow, I suspect his love of publicity will outweigh his love of Christ.

I wonder if this would be as big a story if Petraeus hadn't said anything? :confused:

Cool!!! An AGaySailor 'open mouth, insert foot' moment. Excellent. :lol::lol::lol:

His late father was my brother. Any more fucking gags you want to make!

I wonder if this would be as big a story if Petraeus hadn't said anything? :confused:

It was already all over the media when he spoke out.... Try to focus blame where blame lies... with the fucking moronic Pastor, not our military.

Those of us who know God, know that that Pastor is in for a serious ass kicking when he meets his Maker. I hope God holds him personally responsible for each and every death connected to his stupid publicity stunt.

I don't believe that their is any winning their hearts and minds. It is amazing however that they are having tantrums already about something that has not even occurred.

These muslim terrorists are a bunch of cowards because they never fact their enemy. They are whimps because they are crying about some silly book burning. They are idiots, but unfortunately they are making us look like idiots. They have us fighting each other, and protect them. We are fools if we allow that to continue.

I say, no Mosque, and no burning of the Quran.

If I were a right wing loon I'd say it was the Wall Street Journal's fault for asking his opinion and then publishing it.

True story.

um, colin is bootneck's uncle.

just sayin

Last edited:

His late father was my brother. Any more fucking gags you want to make!
Temper, temper. Tissue?

In the USA that would make him your nephew.

Oh you do have the semblance of a brain then do you. Like semantics do we? Fucking twat! Yes he's my nephew. He's also my adopted son. Now go fuck yourself you objectionable excuse for womanhood!

Forum List

Back