Votes: 17 77.3%
  • Ben

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nethier

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
where is this choking thing coming from? he went to 2 bowls is 1-1, he should have been to at least 2 more but his D blew chunks ( Dunghy was/is WAY overrated), Vandrjagt choked, and Nick Harper let himself get tackled BY Roethlisberger :lol:, and-plus the last SB, Caldwell got totally owned by the NO coach ( Payton).....

Chokes big time in big games. Goes back to Tennessee

Year in, year out, Indy was a top rated team winning 12-14 games. Come playoff time they lost, often at home. Indy won one championship in Peyton's reign...just one
What happened against the Saints? Saints onside kick to take a 4 point lead. Peyton is down four in the fourth quarter with the ball. What would brother Eli do in this situation? We saw in two Superbowl wins. Peyton?
Peyton threw a pick 6 that turned a four point deficit to an 11 point deficit

Great QBs come up great in big games.....Peyton never did

Last edited:
Manning is an all time great but chokes in big games

Big Ben is a future HOFer but not an all time great. I look at Ben about the same as Eli

Peyton is a HOF, no doubt, Eli and Ben are borderline.

Eli and Ben have two SB wins. Ben has been to three Superbowls. Eli is 8-3 in playoff games and 7-0 in playoff games he was an underdog. That is clutch. Eli also has two historic victories

Both are HOF QBs

where is this choking thing coming from? he went to 2 bowls is 1-1, he should have been to at least 2 more but his D blew chunks ( Dunghy was/is WAY overrated), Vandrjagt choked, and Nick Harper let himself get tackled BY Roethlisberger :lol:, and-plus the last SB, Caldwell got totally owned by the NO coach ( Payton).....

Year in, year out, Indy was a top rated team winning 12-14 games. Come playoff time they lost, often at home. Indy won one championship in Peyton's reign...just one
What happened against the Saints? Saints onside to take a 4 point lead. Peyton is down four in the fourth quarter with the ball. What would brother Eli do in this situation? We saw in two Superbowl wins. Peyton?

Call me when Ben comes back from four neck surgeries, has his his career declared dead and then

Peyton Manning's comeback wins AP award

Remember how bad Denver was?

What happened against the Saints? Saints onside to take a 4 point lead. Peyton is down four in the fourth quarter with the ball. What would brother Eli do in this situation? We saw in two Superbowl wins. Peyton?

Didn't he go to two Superbowls and win one?

I pray Ben Makes it to the super bowl this season,

Not me, a 49er vs Steeler Super Bowl would be boring.

Not unless they change the rules so Kaepernick can start throwing the ball to himself. :lol:

2/3 of the passes CK threw in 2012/playoffs were to Crabtree. You think Boldin gonna pick up the slack? SF will be lucky to get out of the NFC West with one win.

You mad bro? :(

Call me when Ben comes back from four neck surgeries, has his his career declared dead and then

Still doesn't negate his tendency to choke when given a chance at greatness

What happened with Denver? Number one seed in the AFC. Playing at home. Seven point lead with 30 seconds left and the Defense choked and gave up a 70 yd TD. Peytons fault? No way.
But what did Peyton do about it in OT? As a great QB did he take his team under his wing and lead them to a game winning score in OT? Nope....He threw an INT that led to a Baltimore win in OT

Great QBs come up great in big games. Montana did it, Brady did it, even brother Eli did it.

Peyton hasn't

If I wanna win games; Manning

If I want the Ring; Ben

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Good choice.
thats what i been saying all along.you want to win lots of regular season games and get impressive numbers and big stats,then manning is your boy. But if Im a head coach and i want the superbowl ring? Big Ben is my guy I want.

Winning a superbowl against a quarterback who is now a journeyman backup and always in danger of losing his job for the future in even that role he has and winning it against a tired worn out defense, too tired to rush and put any pressure on the quarterback in the second half cause the offense had so many 3 in outs since Grossmans TRUE colors emerged in that game that he is a lousy quarterback and not starting material,accomplishing a feat like that is hardly impressive.:lmao:

Coming up with a clutch throw in the final two minutes of a superbowl when the game is on the line against an impressive defense and a future hall of famer IS impressive.:clap2:

Last edited:

What happened against the Saints? Saints onside kick to take a 4 point lead. Peyton is down four in the fourth quarter with the ball. What would brother Eli do in this situation? We saw in two Superbowl wins. Peyton?

I cant believe rightwinger actually said something intelligent for the first time in his life and that I actually find myself thanking his post.:lmao: Too bad he isnt objective like this when it comes to Belecheck always ignoring that he was a complete failure and a major zero in cleveland before Tom Brady came along in New Engalnd and saved his ass from the toliet of the NFL as a lousy failure of a coach.

He'll see the light about him within the next few years though that he is just like Shannahan.Extremely overrated and only looked good because of Elway and once he no longer had Elway,his true colors emerged that he was not that good a coach.same thing will happen to Belecheck.

Like i said before ,his superbowl victory against the bears wasnt a big game in the fact that it was a blowout and he faced a tired worn out defense because the Bears offense had so many three and outs that whole game cause of grossmans ineffectiveness. He cant win big games when the game is on the line as evidenced in his latest choke in DENVER against The Ravens throwing that costly interception that sealed the victory for the ravens. Joe Flacco in the game,was playing against a hostile loud crowd.The loudest outdoor stadium crowd in the NFL with the exception of Seattle.

He had third and 29 against a hostile loud crowd.What does he do? He converted it into a first down.What did Peyton do in overtime with the game on the line? He threw an interception in his own home stadium with a FRIENDLY crowd behind him. thats Peyton "choker" Manning for ya.:D

Like RW said,great QB'S come up in big games,Peyton never did.Little brother Eli has come up in the big game BOTH times against a future hall of famer no less.Peyton has failed to beat a good quarterback in the BIG game.

Like RW said,the one time he did beat Brady in the AFC championship game to go to the superbowl,it was at home with a friendly crowd behind him.On the road in NE against them in the playoffs,he always played like he was in pee wee football.

Last edited:
Peyton wins battles, Ben wins wars.
Peyton is a dead-accurate technical great. He is smart, uber-competitive and can kill you in an incredibly short period of time with big plays. His weakness is his inability to overcome frustration. I have watched him fall apart in the big games many times.
Ben is a tough, tenacious, and fearless guy that never gives up. Often underestimated, despite the rings, he will wear down the opponents defense trying to defend against so many weapons.
His weakness is these weird "temporary loss of consciousness" moments where he does incredibly stupid things. Makes some risky dumbass pass when he only needed two yards for a first down. He is not as smart as Peyton, doesn't have his field awareness and doesn't have his accuracy - however he makes up for it in a willingness to do anything - including put his own body on the line for a big win.

The trophies speak for themselves. Pittsburgh's defense kept the other team from getting points, Ben made sure the Steelers had more points at the end.

Last edited:
Peyton wins battles, Ben wins wars.
Peyton is a dead-accurate technical great. He is smart, uber-competitive and can kill you in an incredibly short period of time with big plays. His weakness is his inability to overcome frustration. I have watched him fall apart in the big games many times.
Ben is a tough, tenacious, and fearless guy that never gives up. Often underestimated, despite the rings, he will wear down the opponents defense trying to defend against so many weapons.
His weakness is these weird "temporary loss of consciousness" moments where he does incredibly stupid things. Makes some risky dumbass pass when he only needed two yards for a first down. He is not as smart as Peyton, doesn't have his field awareness and doesn't have his accuracy - however he makes up for it in a willingness to do anything - including put his own body on the line for a big win.

The trophies speak for themselves. Pittsburgh's defense kept the other team from getting points, Ben made sure the Steelers had more points at the end.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

What we remember is Manning choking again when it mattered.

I pray Ben Makes it to the super bowl this season,

Not me, a 49er vs Steeler Super Bowl would be boring.

Not unless they change the rules so Kaepernick can start throwing the ball to himself. :lol:

2/3 of the passes CK threw in 2012/playoffs were to Crabtree. You think Boldin gonna pick up the slack? SF will be lucky to get out of the NFC West with one win.

You mad bro? :(

About what? I'm not a 9er fan but I also know the 9ers aren't as bad off as you are saying. Boldin has proven himself many times and the 9ers won't miss Crabtree by week two.

In terms of QB skills and field presence, Peyton is the best QB I ever saw. On par with Unitas

What I can't say is that he has been a clutch QB in big games. In the regular season he is as good as it gets. In the playoffs he has underachieved. He has one signature win with a huge comeback against the Pats. But other than that he has failed to deliver when given a chance to prove his greatness in big games

If I want a QB to win a lot of games, I'll take Peyton
If its the fourth quarter in the SB with the game on the line, I'll take Ben

Forum List

Back