🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Phobias

I use the term PHOBIAE.

Spiders.

I happened to scroll quickly down and saw your picture of a spider on a TP roll.

It made me heart stop.

I will not venture into this thread again.

And to anyone who tries to exploit my weakness...you are very, very cruel.

You'll be back.

Huntsman-spider-in-hand.jpg

Dogs. Even the little ones. Unless I know the animal and trust it, I get a case of the o-my-god-i'm-gonna-die's every time. It's one reason I'd don't walk around the neighborhood as I should.

I'm not afraid of heights, but this might sort of freak me out.

sears_tower_glass_floor_box_scary_height_fear2.jpg

Hehe,

Yeah, especially when the creep of a boyfriend or husband standing next to you starts jumping up and down to test the strength of the glass on the floor.

Not that I would ever do that. :evil:

Immie

Being barefoot in the subway.

I can't imagine a situation in which this might occur, but it does give me the creeps nonetheless.

Holy Crap!! Now that's a new one it's giving me the thingies in the stomach just thinking about it. :clap2:

Even worse than that would be barefoot in a public restroom. Gross!

Immie

We had a guy in high school that "had issues" who would walk down the hall, stoop down and run his fingers along the floor and then lick them. True story! :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MythBusters_(2004_season)

Peeing on the Third Rail

Myth statement
Urinating on an electric fence can cause electrocution. (Spinoff of Peeing on the Third Rail)

Status
Busted/Plausible

Notes
Upon retesting the myth on an electric fence it was found to be Plausible, but the rail was still Busted. Distance was the factor, as the urine stream breaks up less at the close range needed for urinating on the fence than urinating on the third rail, thus ensuring a direct line of current between one's body and the electrical source.

Peeing on the Third Rail

Myth statement
Urinating on an electric fence can cause electrocution. (Spinoff of Peeing on the Third Rail)

Status
Busted/Plausible

Notes
Upon retesting the myth on an electric fence it was found to be Plausible, but the rail was still Busted. Distance was the factor, as the urine stream breaks up less at the close range needed for urinating on the fence than urinating on the third rail, thus ensuring a direct line of current between one's body and the electrical source.

I think I have seen the Mythbusters episode.

Yes, I agree that the issue would be whether or not the stream was continual, but I think the guy in the 1000 ways to die episode was drunk and might distance from the fence matter? Standing too far away and the stream would obviously break, but too close and... zap!?

Immie

Peeing on the Third Rail

Myth statement

Status
Busted/Plausible

Notes

I think I have seen the Mythbusters episode.

Yes, I agree that the issue would be whether or not the stream was continual, but I think the guy in the 1000 ways to die episode was drunk and might distance from the fence matter? Standing too far away and the stream would obviously break, but too close and... zap!?

Immie

And the power of the fence would make a difference. I had a hot wire around the fence in my backyard to keep my great dane/bull mastiff mix from digging out. I'd bump it occasionally while mowing and it will get your attention, but it won't electrocute you. Now a security fence at some sort of military or correctional installation, who knows.

Forum List

Back