Phoenix Interstate 10 shootings: Armed citizens group aims to help find gunman

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
(CNN)The civilians -- armed with guns, knives, mace and other weapons -- call themselves "Bolt Force."

Their mission: Helping authorities solve a rash of shootings along a busy stretch of Interstate 10 in downtown Phoenix and elsewhere in the Arizona capital.

They are a stealthy bunch, all dressed in black. They claim 17 members, including men and women of different races. They can be spotted stalking above highway overpasses and patrolling nooks and alleyways around Interstate 10.

The founder goes by one name, Bolt, for security reasons, he says. He jokingly calls the group "guardian angels on steroids."
Phoenix I-10 shootings: - CNN.com

I lived in an area that had crap like that going on. I hope they nail them.

Person of interest jailed on drug charge in I-10 sniper case...

Arizona highway shooting 'person of interest' jailed on drug charge
Sept. 12, 2015 -- A 19-year-old "person of interest" in multiple shootings along Interstate 10 in Phoenix was arrested late Saturday on a drug charge.
Oscar De La Torre Munoz and his mother were taken into custody Friday at a gas station a few miles from I-10. Munoz, who lives in nearby Avondale, was booked into the Maricopa County jail for possession of marijuana. His mother was released.

Arizona-highway-shooting-person-of-interest-jailed-on-drug-charge.jpg

Police said the investigation is not closed. They have not released any details regarding Munoz's possible connection to the shooting.

For several weeks, police have been searching for suspects in a string of shootings along an eight-mile stretch of the busy interstate. Officials have confirmed 11 with at least one more pending. One person, a 13-year-old girl, was injured by shattered glass.

Person of interest jailed on drug charge in I-10 sniper case...

Sept. 12, 2015 -- A 19-year-old "person of interest" in multiple shootings along Interstate 10 in Phoenix was arrested late Saturday on a drug charge.
Oscar De La Torre Munoz and his mother were taken into custody Friday at a gas station a few miles from I-10. Munoz, who lives in nearby Avondale, was booked into the Maricopa County jail for possession of marijuana. His mother was released.

Arizona-highway-shooting-person-of-interest-jailed-on-drug-charge.jpg

Police said the investigation is not closed. They have not released any details regarding Munoz's possible connection to the shooting.

For several weeks, police have been searching for suspects in a string of shootings along an eight-mile stretch of the busy interstate. Officials have confirmed 11 with at least one more pending. One person, a 13-year-old girl, was injured by shattered glass.

He's not a prime suspect.

I'm glad these guys are trying to help, but dressing in black uniforms is not really the way to be "a stealthy bunch."

They will not be taken seriously unles they wear superhero costumes, with capes, masks, etc.

Why don't the Arizona SWAT teams deploy snipers in a counter-sniper operation until they spot and.......wait....no....that's too militarized. Let's just wait till some more shootings occur and hope we get lucky.

How stupid. Speeders, DUIs, red light runners and text-drivers are literally a million times bigger problem on highways than this shooter. That's who these silly cop-wannabes should be going after.

Forum List

Back