Phony Scandals?

Issues of the type referenced in the OP

• are real scandals.

Votes: 62 80.5%
  • are phony scandals.

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • are not easily judged. I'll explain in my post.

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
Phony scandals?

By one pundit's account, since his first inauguration, President Obama is on his 17th speech making tour focusing on job creation. This time the catch phrase he uses again and again, and is being picked up by surrogate talking heads, is that the Republicans try to block efforts to create jobs with distractions such as, among other things, 'phony scandals.'

Really?

- The fact that the families of those killed and wounded in Benghazi still can't get straight answers from the administration, and witnesses are ordered into silence is a 'phony scandal'?

- GSA employees spending millions of tax payer dollars having a high old time and making videos of themselves is not a scandal? Ditto federal employees in other agencies?

- IRS blocking hundreds of applications of conservative groups and almost no applications of liberal groups in the years prior to the 2010 and 2012 elections is not a scandal?

- Labeling a news reporters as a possible felon to justify a personal investigation of him, for no reason other than he was investigating some of these things, is not a scandal?

- Collecting e-mails and other personal information from all AP reporters is not a scandal?

- Collecting phone et al information from millions of Americans is not a scandal?

- Federal investigation/continued persecution of one citizen declared not guilty by a jury of his peers when hundreds/thousands of racially motivated henious crimes go unmentioned at the federal level is not a scandal?

- The fact that every single time the President has declared he knew nothing of federal misconduct and found out about it the same way we did--in the media--is not a scandal?

What do you think? Billions of the people's money, our privacy, our civil liberties are at stake in all of these things. Are these phony scandals? Are they worthy of media and citizen attention? How out of the loops should a President be allowed to be before that in itself becomes a scandal?

Is that true folks? Have people lost interest?

I noted this morning that President Obama's approval rating has fallen below 50% for some days now--long enough for it to be a valid observation and not just statistical noise--and his disapproval rating is creeping above his approval rating.

And at least some pundits are attributing that to the scandals that just keep coming. Doesn't look like everybody has lost interest.

The CBS News report says that the leaked versions sent out by the Republicans were different from the batch the White House later released.

CBS: Republicans altered Benghazi emails

Dem Congressman slams GOP for "doctored" Benghazi emails

It's not no one cares. It's once it was discovered that Republicans are "creating" the scandals through political opportunism, people have lost interest.

The altered "Republican E-Mails" have never been seen.

Know why? They don't exist.

The 'leaks' were verbally reported to Major Garrett by a person who claims to have seen them but wasn't allowed to make copies of them.

Now..... The "Republican" version of those E-Mails does differ from the White House version, but who actually changed them?

Republicans or the person who 'reported' them to Garrett. Or Garrett himself?

If the Communist Broadcasting Company (CBS) had hard copies of those Republican 'E-Mails' they'd be all over the Country at the speed of light and on the Front page of every rag in the world even faster.

We're talking about verbal v. written.

Differences? No shit Sherlock?

And who gave Garrett the information?

What a load of shit. Took me five minutes to knock this lie down.

Try again, dimocrap morons

They're real alright, and they're leading to the white house, and that is why you've got the kenyan shitting his pants attempting to down play it, and all his zipper head worshipers like here spewing their pathetic BS talking points.

We could still see obama impeached. I think there will be a special counsel appointed sooner or later. There's new calls for it and it has more backing now.

I noted this morning that President Obama's approval rating has fallen below 50% for some days now--long enough for it to be a valid observation and not just statistical noise--and his disapproval rating is creeping above his approval rating.

And at least some pundits are attributing that to the scandals that just keep coming. Doesn't look like everybody has lost interest.

No one has lost interest except in listening to Papa Doc obama.

Peggy Noonan: Obama Got to Point Where People Stopped Listening To Him Faster Than Most Presidents - Fox Nation

PEGGY NOONAN, WALL STREET JOURNAL: Yes, I think that's true. But when the White House calls it a pivot, somebody counted it up and said it's probably the tenth pivot to the economy the president has done since he came in.

I noticed that in one of the speeches, it went over an hour. There was a heck of a lot jammed in. That tells me something. It said we're not sure exactly what to say, so we're going to say everything, but a speech about everything is a speech about nothing. Beyond that, I think every president in the intense media environment we have now, certainly every two-term president, gets to a point where the American people stop listening, stop leaning forward hungrily for information. I think this president got there earlier than most presidents. And I think he's in that time now.

obama ran his diarrhea for over an hour. What people heard was "blah blah blah, phony scandals, blah blah blah blah, phony scandals".

Why the emphasis on "phony scandals"? Because people died, four people died and to the public that doesn't make it phony at all.

I honestly don't know whether any e-mails were altered in that situation, though it does seem that if they had been a really big deal, there would have been much more bruhaha in the Obama administration's surrogate media.

But I still, say that even if the rumor that somebody in the GOP altered some e-mails is true,. does that negate the scandal status of the handling of Benghazi?

Real

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3LEFG6JDCsA]Watch never before seen footage of American Hero Glen Doherty - YouTube[/ame]

If dimocraps could be honest..... ABout anything. But they can't, they're pathological liars...

They could have said, "Sorry. We fucked up."

And that would be the end of it, AFAIC. IF, and that's a gigantic "IF" they had acted in good faith to try and save those men.

But they didn't. You know it and I know it. I spent five and a half years in the Army and when I wasn't training for intense situations, I was in them. Or in a Bar.

Whatever.

But they didn't try because.... Right from the Get, the first thing that entered the minds of these scum... And that's what they are -- Scum.

Because only SCUM would think of politics first. Only SCUM would put a political campaign Slogan, "GM is Alive and Osama is dead!" ahead of actual, real men's lives.

And that's why they didn't even try to sabe them.

Maybe they couldn't have. I don't know, I wasn't there. But I do know this, they didn't even try. Didn't lift a finger.

They were thinking politics, they were looking for somewhere to cast the blame so they wouldn't have to take the heat WHILE those men were fighting for their lives.

Unsuccessfully.

So, if there any patriotic people on this Board, I hope you can understand why I hate and despise dimocraps with all my heart and soul.

And the one ones that lie for them as well.

They didn't even fucking TRY.

Phony scandals?

By one pundit's account, since his first inauguration, President Obama is on his 17th speech making tour focusing on job creation. This time the catch phrase he uses again and again, and is being picked up by surrogate talking heads, is that the Republicans try to block efforts to create jobs with distractions such as, among other things, 'phony scandals.'

Really?

- The fact that the families of those killed and wounded in Benghazi still can't get straight answers from the administration, and witnesses are ordered into silence is a 'phony scandal'?

- GSA employees spending millions of tax payer dollars having a high old time and making videos of themselves is not a scandal? Ditto federal employees in other agencies?

- IRS blocking hundreds of applications of conservative groups and almost no applications of liberal groups in the years prior to the 2010 and 2012 elections is not a scandal?

- Labeling a news reporters as a possible felon to justify a personal investigation of him, for no reason other than he was investigating some of these things, is not a scandal?

- Collecting e-mails and other personal information from all AP reporters is not a scandal?

- Collecting phone et al information from millions of Americans is not a scandal?

- Federal investigation/continued persecution of one citizen declared not guilty by a jury of his peers when hundreds/thousands of racially motivated henious crimes go unmentioned at the federal level is not a scandal?

- The fact that every single time the President has declared he knew nothing of federal misconduct and found out about it the same way we did--in the media--is not a scandal?

What do you think? Billions of the people's money, our privacy, our civil liberties are at stake in all of these things. Are these phony scandals? Are they worthy of media and citizen attention? How out of the loops should a President be allowed to be before that in itself becomes a scandal?

What's fake is all the manufactured bullshit the faux conservative rubes pile on top of the kernel of a scandal.

For instance, the IRS scandal. The faux Right took that and made it phony by adding a personal order from Obama. No evidence. Just made it up. See how that works?

The tragedy in Benghazi. Holy shit, so much manufactured bullshit was piled on top of that one you can't even see the dead bodies any more.

STOP MAKING SHIT UP!

When you lie, you destroy any credibility you have on the issue. I don't know how many more lies the faux Right piss pourers must tell, and how much more parroting of those lies the rubes must do, before they finally, finally, finally, finally figure that out.

It is because the faux Right is so intellectually challenged these days they can't make a cogent argument against the REAL problems Obama is creating. So they just build huge strawmen and outright lies, and then high five each other for beating up their own inventions.

Meanwhile, Obama sails merrily along completely unmolested! So yes. Fake scandals. Damn straight. You assholes lied your way to irrelevance. Obama has the unprecedented good fortune of being opposed by people even more retarded than he is.

Good job!

Last edited:

Depends on who you mean by people Obama supporters have if in fact they ever were interested and the media is trying to ignore the stories after given them token interest so they can claim they did their job.

Phony scandals?

Really?

What's fake is all the manufactured bullshit the faux conservative rubes pile on top of the kernel of a scandal.

For instance, the IRS scandal. The faux Right took that and made it phony by adding a personal order from Obama. See how that works?

The tragedy in Benghazi. Holy shit, so much manufactured bullshit was piled on top of that one you can't even see the dead bodies any more.

STOP MAKING SHIT UP!

It is because the faux Right is so intellectually challenged these days they can't make a cogent argument against the REAL problems Obama is creating. So they just build huge strawmen and outright lies, and then high five each other for beating up their own inventions.

Meanwhile, Obama sails merrily along completely unmolested! He has the unprecedented good fortune of being opposed by people even more retarded than he is.

Idiots.

Well in the interest of avoiding making things up, who on the right says that the IRS scandal was via a personal order from Obama? Or is that a deflection from the left to put the focus somewhere other than on the scandal itself?

See how that works?

And while I appreciate your passion and willingness to engage in this discussion people, could we keep it kinda sorta civil just a little bit so it won't degenerate into a food fight?

Phony scandals?

Really?

For instance, the IRS scandal. The faux Right took that and made it phony by adding a personal order from Obama. See how that works?

STOP MAKING SHIT UP!

Meanwhile, Obama sails merrily along completely unmolested! He has the unprecedented good fortune of being opposed by people even more retarded than he is.

Idiots.

If the IRS Scandal is so fake, BITCH?

Why did the cocksucker in chief himself apologize for it and promise to get to the bottom of it?

Why did Lois Lerner take the 5th if it's so fake?

Why was the head of the IRS forced to resign?

bitch

And I'm not even in the mood to talk about the faux outrage coming out of the dick-shaped mouth of the POS-TUS when he went to the UN to talk about how we should all bow down and worship people who think bacon is filthy but wipe their asses with their bare hands.

Who demand the modesty of their women by mutilating their genitalia.

Who claim to be a religion of peace but are responsible for literally 99.9% of all terrorist attacks in the world.

Who make Hitler look tolerant of Jews.

Who.... Shut up, bitch

As for all the domestic spying "scandal" shit, um...sorry. Your unified defense of Bush when he was doing it, on a larger scale, negates anything you have to say about it now. Too. Fucking. Late.

You assholes insisted waterboarding is not torture. So I honestly don't know why your heads don't explode from supercharged hypocrisy as you now try to attack Obama for doing attenuated versions of what Bush was doing.

Seriously. It takes some nerve to be all self righteous-like about what has been going on on that front since long before Obama came on the scene.

Last edited:

No one has lost interest except in listening to Papa Doc obama.

Peggy Noonan: Obama Got to Point Where People Stopped Listening To Him Faster Than Most Presidents - Fox Nation

PEGGY NOONAN, WALL STREET JOURNAL: Yes, I think that's true. But when the White House calls it a pivot, somebody counted it up and said it's probably the tenth pivot to the economy the president has done since he came in.

I noticed that in one of the speeches, it went over an hour. There was a heck of a lot jammed in. That tells me something. It said we're not sure exactly what to say, so we're going to say everything, but a speech about everything is a speech about nothing. Beyond that, I think every president in the intense media environment we have now, certainly every two-term president, gets to a point where the American people stop listening, stop leaning forward hungrily for information. I think this president got there earlier than most presidents. And I think he's in that time now.

obama ran his diarrhea for over an hour. What people heard was "blah blah blah, phony scandals, blah blah blah blah, phony scandals".

Why the emphasis on "phony scandals"? Because people died, four people died and to the public that doesn't make it phony at all.

I think you're right. I saw most of that Noonan interview and she is right too. When you try to talk about everythng, you wind up talking about nothing. But as you point out, just in the sheer volume of the words that weary the listener, the one catch phrase like 'phony scandals' is the one that catches on and is remembered. People will remember that one phrase and not recall a single other thing that was said.

Seriously people, is it so important to keep the image of the President, his key people, his appointees, and his spokespersons 'clean' that we must ignore wanton malicious waste of millions, maybe billions, of the people's money? Look the other way when people's civil rights are being violated? Just shrug off the death of four Americans and the wounding of 30 others that were likely easily preventable as 'oh well'?

I don't care who is in power when things like that go on. I have a really hard time seeing any of that as a 'phony scandal.'

Phony scandals?

Really?

STOP MAKING SHIT UP!

Idiots.

If the IRS Scandal is so fake, BITCH?

Why did the cocksucker in chief himself apologize for it and promise to get to the bottom of it?

Why did Lois Lerner take the 5th if it's so fake?

Why was the head of the IRS forced to resign?

bitch

And I'm not even in the mood to talk about the faux outrage coming out of the dick-shaped mouth of the POS-TUS when he went to the UN to talk about how we should all bow down and worship people who think bacon is filthy but wipe their asses with their bare hands.

Who demand the modesty of their women by mutilating their genitalia.

Who claim to be a religion of peace but are responsible for literally 99.9% of all terrorist attacks in the world.

Who make Hitler look tolerant of Jews.

Who.... Shut up, bitch

ZOOOOOOMMMMM!! Right over your head.

I guess you are never going to get it. As I feared. You will keep parroting the manufactured bullshit that is added as spice to every "scandal".

When you make shit up, you negate any self-righteousness you think you have.

Were Tea Party orgs wrongly given extra scrutiny? Maybe. But that wasn't good enough for the faux right assholes, now was it? No. They had to add a personal order from Obama to the mix. THEY MADE THAT ORDER UP!!!

Get it now, dipshit?

So now they have completely abdicated their integrity in their petty pursuit of partisan bullshit.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back