Photos of satanic statues for OK courthouse

To prevent it from happening. The proposals most definitely have been made.

no they have not.....please document one proposal to establish a national worship policy.....

United Church Of Christ Files Lawsuit Against Gay Marriage Ban In North Carolina, Citing Threat To Religious Freedom

There are many cases of Christians bringing suit for theological reasons.

lol.....are you sure you want to use as an example a church suing to OBJECT to a ban of gay marriage?.....

To prevent it from happening. The proposals most definitely have been made.

no they have not.....please document one proposal to establish a national worship policy.....

Why limit your context to the national level.

Proposal to allow official North Carolina state religion dead in legislature | abc11.com

RALEIGH, N.C. -- North Carolina House Speaker Thom Tillis' office said Thursday that a resolution asserting North Carolina has the power to set an official state religion is dead, and won't go any further.

The resolution, filed by two Republicans from Rowan County, declared "each state is sovereign and may independently determine how the state may make laws respecting an establishment of religion" - thereby claiming the federal government and courts have no authority to decide what is constitutional.

lol.....dead in the water with no objections....

No, the biggest controversy will be whether to dedicate this statue
to Bush or Obama as the inspiration!

(I would settle the conflict by hanging a BUSH sign on the Great Satan,
and reserving OBAMA for a future Antichrist statue, to ensure equal inclusion)

You just cashed in all your "I'm here to bring us all together" chips for a political cheap shot.

Proposal to allow official North Carolina state religion dead in legislature | abc11.com

RALEIGH, N.C. -- North Carolina House Speaker Thom Tillis' office said Thursday that a resolution asserting North Carolina has the power to set an official state religion is dead, and won't go any further.

The resolution, filed by two Republicans from Rowan County, declared "each state is sovereign and may independently determine how the state may make laws respecting an establishment of religion" - thereby claiming the federal government and courts have no authority to decide what is constitutional.

You asked for attempts.
They will all be unsuccessful.

United Church Of Christ Files Lawsuit Against Gay Marriage Ban In North Carolina, Citing Threat To Religious Freedom

There are many cases of Christians bringing suit for theological reasons.

lol.....are you sure you want to use as an example a church suing to OBJECT to a ban of gay marriage?.....

LOL!
I blew that one. Definitely jumped the gun.
Shall I find fifty appropriate examples to make up for my gaff?

lol..... yet another failed attempt by fundies to set themselves as exempt from the constitution.

the idiocy of atheists who think they need protection from people praying to someone they deny exists.....
A second stupid post doesn't make the first one any smarter.
The protection is from making prayer or any other form of worship national policy.
But, of course, I already said this.

but wait....we both know no one has ever proposed that......so why all the lawsuits?....

To make sure it doesn't become a national policy. Give Christians an inch, they take a mile and then some. You have to keep religion in check because that is paramount to a free society.

You asked for attempts.

do you expect us to take this seriously?.....

LOL!

I can trump you a half dozen "in God We Trust" cases and a handful of pledge of allegiance objections.....

That has got to be one of the most badass statues I have ever seen. I totally approve.
I think they should paint it pink just to piss the satan worshipers off.

Pink isn't an innocent color. Pink vaginas, pink mushroom tips, pink assholes, pink nipples, pink lips, pink tongue... Plenty of fleshy pink areas inside the human body too...

We can even decorate it with hearts :) Since a "heart" doesn't look like a human heart at all, and instead conjures up images of asses, testicles, and boobies :)

Except... Baphomet is the Lucifer archetype... representing enlightenment, illumination, spiritual balance, and the pursuit of power at the expense of "falling from grace". Sex has more to do with the Lilith archetype.

So let us erect a statue of Lilith as well!

You asked for attempts.

do you expect us to take this seriously?.....

By "us", do you mean fundamentalists - the "us" you are tasked to speak on behalf of?

The courts take the constitution very seriously. That's why attempts by Christian fundies to flaunt the constitution have been met with a boot to your behinds.

Last edited:
ugly and sick

I wouldn't take my child near that place

but whatever you do don't put a Christmas manger with a baby Jesus on a courthouse lawn

LOL!

I can trump you a half dozen "in God We Trust" cases and a handful of pledge of allegiance objections.....

Which in contrast to the examples I would share, tend to win in court.

LOL!

Which in contrast to the examples I would share, tend to win in court.

does that somehow change the fact that it is the atheists who are filing the most lawsuits?.....obviously not.....

ugly and sick

I wouldn't take my child near that place

but whatever you do don't put a Christmas manger with a baby Jesus on a courthouse lawn

This was in response to the Ten commandments being placed on public grounds. You know the whole government can't establish a state religion.

You probably should take your own advice and read the constitution, especially the first amendment. But Christians are under attack even though they are 80% of the population.

So do you think our laws are based on the commandments?
Why are the rest so specifically unrepresented?

Well, for one, legislating envy (coveting) would be pretty hard to do.

As for the ones pertaining, specifically to God, they fall under that little "no law regarding the establishment of religion or the free exercise thereof"
:eusa_shifty:

Exactly the point.
Not only are our laws NOT based on The 10, they protect us FROM them.

[MENTION=48205]thebrucebeat[/MENTION]

Yes and no

Yes we have freedom not to have religious laws imposed by the secular govt

But yes the same spirit of the laws governs both church and state laws
Just expressed differently because they cover different realms
When ppl follow the spirit of truth and justice, both laws are met.
But yes we have freedoms under one that check the other.

These laws are supposed to be different, but the spirit of truth
And justice behind then are the same. So it is both, not one
Competing with the other but both are supposed to work in harmony for the common good of humanity and society.
The idea of what is the greater good or public good
Is the secular equivalent of what is good will or Gods will - same
Concept but expressed in two different realms of law.

Note: Bruce if you really study the Bible laws as a scholar,
These also call for respect for civil laws and authority as secular
Human institutions. So this is in thoe Bible also. There is no
Conflict except where ppl like you or fundamentalist Christians
Refuse to resolve conflicts and chose to reject and divide.

There is nothing wrong with secular gentiles being under natural laws
That jesus christ also governs as restorative justice with mercy.

Man has made political divisions where jesus in the bible
Clearly states that all are one in his spirit.

Its our own unforgiveness of our differences that perpetuates conflicts
Instead of accepting and resolving issues rationally.

So thanks to you Hollie and others for being here and sharing.
These issues can be resolved without changing the fact that
You are nontheist. That is not in conflict with natural laws
That are universal to all people of all beliefs. Gentiles ARE specifically mentioned
In the Bible as following the laws by Conscience and being governed
By Jesus in a separate fold of the same flock. We just speak
And use different languages for the laws but the same spirit
Of truth and justice fulfills them all, religious or secular alike.

Thanks Bruce

Last edited:

Forum List

Back