Photos of satanic statues for OK courthouse

I suppose they're just embarrassed to place Satan's top 10 commandments next to God's. It would make them look pretty stupid, not to mention reveal their true nature. Couldn't have that.

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 “You shall have no other gods before Me.
4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
7 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
12 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
13 “You shall not murder.
14 “You shall not commit adultery.
15 “You shall not steal.
16 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

That is embarrassing.
Only two relate to our laws.

Dear Bruce:
What is embarrassing. Why would we need two identical sets of laws if they overlapped exactly?

The church law is for the church. The secular laws are for the state.
these are supposed to be separate realms, though in harmony.

yes, there is overlap: the spirit of the laws are both based on Truth and Justice,
and concern/respect for others equally as oneself.

The spirit of laws is in harmony, the level of trespass, rebukes and corrections is different.

So when I address a Christian neighbor, I could point out where wrongful actions
violate false witness, coveting, etc.

And if violations can be corrected here, on THIS level,
they do not need to escalate and become crimes on a state level for govt to intervene in.

If people stopped relationship abuse when it is on a PERSONAL LEVEL of
verbal anger or hatred (murder in spirit) or COVETING someone else's freedom
by harassing and bullying them,

then it WOULD NOT get to the point where it becomes a "civil or criminal" violation
on the level of state laws.

These are more about INTERNAL things we can control for ourselves to ensure healthy SPIRITUAL AND PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS which are not the state's business.

Not unless we project these externally and make them a problem of the state.

Here, TBB: ethics-commission.net
if you want a list of the 10 Commandments of Govt Service.

To each his own.

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
7 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
12 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
15 “You shall not steal.
17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

That is embarrassing.

Really? So we wont be prosecuted for perjury if we bear false witness?

Only in a court of law. Lying itself is no crime, or you could arguably be arrested for more than a few of your posts!
If you are allowed your faulty argument, do you think 3 out of ten makes the genuflecting to the commandments justified?

It hasn't been so long ago, in some states, that adultery was illegal.
:eusa_shhh:

Only in a court of law. Lying itself is no crime, or you could arguably be arrested for more than a few of your posts!
If you are allowed your faulty argument, do you think 3 out of ten makes the genuflecting to the commandments justified?

So do you think our laws are based on the commandments?
Why are the rest so specifically unrepresented?

If they want to put the statue there, it's their right.

It looks nothing like Satan though.

[MENTION=2364]avatar[/MENTION]

So you not only know what god thinks, you know what satan looks like.

You really don't know this is all in your imagination.

:cuckoo:

I suppose they're just embarrassed to place Satan's top 10 commandments next to God's. It would make them look pretty stupid, not to mention reveal their true nature. Couldn't have that.

15 “You shall not steal.

That is embarrassing.

Still claiming to be a 'former pastor'? :lmao:

Everything you say is discredited by that one momunmental lie. ;)

If they want to put the statue there, it's their right.

It looks nothing like Satan though.

Does that statue look like an angel of light?

Actually, it looks like the Knights Templar idol, Baphomet, (Don't tell [MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION] - :eusa_silenced:) as well as a name used in Wicca and satanism

But, you ignore what I said -

Its okay though. Its all imaginary anyway.

Does that statue look like an angel of light?

Actually, it looks like the Knights Templar idol, Baphomet, (Don't tell [MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION] - :eusa_silenced:) as well as a name used in Wicca and satanism

But, you ignore what I said -

Its okay though. Its all imaginary anyway.

You can lie to yourself all you want. I know the truth and God knows it. And I think you do as well, you just dont want to admit it.

15 “You shall not steal.

That is embarrassing.

ONLY if you swear in a court of law....."under oath"....other than that...people lie all the time and are never arrested or charges.

But you knew that.

15 “You shall not steal.

That is embarrassing.

ONLY if you swear in a court of law....."under oath"....other than that...people lie all the time and are never arrested or charges.

But you knew that.

You can be prosecuted for an unsworn falsification too.

Doesnt change the fact that bearing false witness is a crime. When else are you going to bear witness other than in a Court of law for the most part?

15 “You shall not steal.

That is embarrassing.

But you knew that.

So says the expert liar :eusa_liar:

Well, for one, legislating envy (coveting) would be pretty hard to do.

As for the ones pertaining, specifically to God, they fall under that little "no law regarding the establishment of religion or the free exercise thereof"
:eusa_shifty:

As for the ones pertaining, specifically to God, they fall under that little "no law regarding the establishment of religion or the free exercise thereof"

Exactly the point.
Not only are our laws NOT based on The 10, they protect us FROM them.

Exactly the point.

except when atheists forget the "free exercise thereof" part....

Exactly the point.

except when atheists forget the "free exercise thereof" part....

Example?

Forum List

Back