Pit bulls are safe around children!

Someone needs to tell the black community to stop leaving their babies alone with dogs, btw.

CONTEXT...

2015 dog bite fatalities ::

It often takes several weeks to identify fatal dog attack parameters.1 This is why recent dog bite fatalities may not appear on this page. In the interim, please visit the DogsBite.org blog.

3YEgTdq.png

mgTeznn.png

fblNKYH.png

Ixhz416.png

L9OlbO0.png

ZDpqtjg.png

0XXMR8A.png

9eQZMw7.png

noZStSA.png

Bo3p6xt.png

XfUf7Sq.png
That's not what I meant. How were the dogs trained/treated? Running lose? Raised from puppies or picked up as a rescue. Not all of those were Pits and as has been pointed out, people identify many breeds as Pits. The ones I meet are socialized. Some dogs never meet anyone, let alone other dogs.

So I will believe me and people like Cesar Milan over the hype. No one should suffer dog attacks but the dogs are not the root of the problem. I would favor heavy penalties against owners of dogs that attack.

You will notice the soft sources for breed types. They don't use the CDC breed stats because the CDC has a big fat disclaimer that says they're meaningless for a variety of reasons...but primarily because they get the info from articles. They state that there can be bias, plus not all attacks are reported, and pit bull is such a broad term it is rendered meaningless.

CONTEXT...

2015 dog bite fatalities ::

It often takes several weeks to identify fatal dog attack parameters.1 This is why recent dog bite fatalities may not appear on this page. In the interim, please visit the DogsBite.org blog.

3YEgTdq.png

mgTeznn.png

fblNKYH.png

Ixhz416.png

L9OlbO0.png

ZDpqtjg.png

0XXMR8A.png

9eQZMw7.png

noZStSA.png

Bo3p6xt.png

XfUf7Sq.png
That's not what I meant. How were the dogs trained/treated? Running lose? Raised from puppies or picked up as a rescue. Not all of those were Pits and as has been pointed out, people identify many breeds as Pits. The ones I meet are socialized. Some dogs never meet anyone, let alone other dogs.

So I will believe me and people like Cesar Milan over the hype. No one should suffer dog attacks but the dogs are not the root of the problem. I would favor heavy penalties against owners of dogs that attack.
These losers go around all day looking for someone or something to hate, restrain and kill.

Bullshit. All this conjecture is funny and comes down to one thing...you are scared of dogs. That's fine...don't have pits and don't stroll around the inner city and your chance if being attacked by Americas dog is exactly zero. Or better yet...move to Russia, where the likelihood if being killed by a pit remains zero, but the chance that you'll be torn apart by a pack frolicking is about 1 in 3.

I'm scared of dog?...your argument skills are childish...

I have had dogs for 60 years...I have never been without at least one dog since I was 5 years old...

I had 3 dogs a few years ago...Abbey; a female chocolate lab, Inuk; an un-neutered male Alaskan Malamute and Buddy; a neutered pit bull mix.

The lab was put down due to old age (16 yrs old)
The Malamute was put down due to cancer (10 yrs old)
The pit bull mix was put down because it tried to kill me in my own living room (3 yrs old)

Buddy (pit) was one of the sweetest dogs I ever owned. We owned him since he was 3 months old. He loved to climb up on your chest and snuggle. If you got down on your hands and knees to get something out of the bottom cupboard, he would lick your face.

On day, my wife had dusted in the dining room and placed Buddy's leash on the floor. She forgot to put it back on the hutch.

I noticed it and bent down to pick it up...Buddy immediately came at me and started growling. I left the leash on the floor, showed Buddy a stop sign hand signal. Calmly told Buddy "It's OK Buddy"...

When I walked into the living room, Buddy charged me...he leaped up an latched on to my right arm...I swung him around as he ripped open my arm...he flew off, got up and charged me again. This time he latched on to my left hand, ripping that open. I yelled for my son to help me. Buddy charged me again, this time he sunk his teeth into my right leg (I was wearing shorts)...he opened a huge gaping wound in my calf, then bit into the front of my leg exposing my femur...

My son arrived and tried to pull him off me...I was being mauled, my son was behind me and grabbed Buddy's back legs, I finally grabbed Buddy around the neck, put him in a head lock, held on for dear life and fell on Buddy. My son pulled Buddy out from behind. I got up, made it to the kitchen and by then my wife and daughter were there. My wife called 911.

Thank God I was not home alone..I would have been one of the CONTEXT I posted.

I know you love your pit bull. I PRAY nothing like this ever happens to you. But if God forbid your pit mauls one of your kids, you will never forgive yourself...

Yes? And? The reason they cause more damage is because they have more pounds per square inch bite force than most other dogs. So yes, if you are attacked by such a dog, then you are going to sustain more serious injuries. Is that a reason to BAN the breed? I mean, if they were such a HUGE problem, then MOST pit bulls would be attacking people, but it's a relatively small percentage on the whole that actually ever attack a person. The fact of the matter is that most of these dogs never attack anyone.

14 – Every fourteen days, someone in the U.S. is killed by a pit bull.

5.4 – Every 5.4. days, a body part is severed and lost in a pit bull attack . Source.

So as we've seen in the last 7 days, it is DEADLY for a 65 year old man to take a stroll, and a man walking to church should expect to be maimed...

And FALSE...

Which Dog Breed Has the Strongest Jaw

Pit Bull
The Pitbull has become a breed synonymous with strong jaws, biting and danger. While this dog does not have the highest bite force of the dogs National Geographic tested, it is one of the top four. The Pitbull bite was measured at 235 pounds of pressure. It is the most highly recognized breed for jaw and bite strength.

German Shepherd
Although the German Shepherd was originally bred as a herding dog, it has been used as a guard and police dog with good reason. This is a powerful and intelligent breed. The German Shepherd's bite measured 238 bite force, just slightly above the Pitbull.

Rottweiler
The Rottweiler, or Rottie as it is often called, has a huge head and large jaws. This breed bit with 328 pounds of pressure. The Rottweiler is considered the second most dangerous breed of dog; the Pitbull is number one.

Doberman
The Doberman is a highly energetic dog that can be very aggressive. The bite force is reputed to be 600 pounds of pressure; however that seems to be largely unsubstantiated.

Mastiff
Many breeders say that the Mastiff has the strongest jaw. Reportedly, the Mastiff has a bite force of 552 pounds. If true, this would make it stronger than any other domesticated dog on record.
This is pretty much hyperbole. There is no way you can tell what the bite force is unless you know for a fact the dog is biting its hardest. All you can really do is generalize. I've had multiple Rotties on my arm in protection training and IMO their bite was not as hard as an AB or an APBT.

Bullshit. All this conjecture is funny and comes down to one thing...you are scared of dogs. That's fine...don't have pits and don't stroll around the inner city and your chance if being attacked by Americas dog is exactly zero. Or better yet...move to Russia, where the likelihood if being killed by a pit remains zero, but the chance that you'll be torn apart by a pack frolicking is about 1 in 3.

I have had dogs for 60 years...I have never been without at least one dog since I was 5 years old...

I had 3 dogs a few years ago...Abbey; a female chocolate lab, Inuk; an un-neutered male Alaskan Malamute and Buddy; a neutered pit bull mix.

The pit bull mix was put down because it tried to kill me in my own living room (3 yrs old)

Buddy (pit) was one of the sweetest dogs I ever owned. We owned him since he was 3 months old. He loved to climb up on your chest and snuggle. If you got down on your hands and knees to get something out of the bottom cupboard, he would lick your face.

On day, my wife had dusted in the dining room and placed Buddy's leash on the floor. She forgot to put it back on the hutch.

I noticed it and bent down to pick it up...Buddy immediately came at me and started growling. I left the leash on the floor, showed Buddy a stop sign hand signal. Calmly told Buddy "It's OK Buddy"...

When I walked into the living room, Buddy charged me...he leaped up an latched on to my right arm...I swung him around as he ripped open my arm...he flew off, got up and charged me again. This time he latched on to my left hand, ripping that open. I yelled for my son to help me. Buddy charged me again, this time he sunk his teeth into my right leg (i was wearing shorts)...he opened a huge would in my calf, then bit into the front of my leg exposing my femur...

My son arrived and tried to pull him off me...I was being mauled, my son was behind me and grabbed Buddy's back legs, I finally grabbed Buddy around the neck, put him in a head lock, held on for dear life and fell on Buddy. My son pulled Buddy out from behind. I got up, made it to the kitchen and by then my wife and daughter were there. My wife called 911.

I know you love your pit bull. I PRAY nothing like this ever happens to you. But if God forbid your pit mauls one of your kids, you will never forgive yourself...
This was a pitbull mix and you assumed the Pit in him took over in that instance?

I think people that like to own dogs like:

Pitbulls
Rotweilers
Dobermans etc.

Like to live on the edge.

With all the other breeds of dog out there, there is no reason to choose one (especially if you have kids) that has more of a potential to bite, hurt, kill than another.

This was a pitbull mix and you assumed the Pit in him took over in that instance?

The other "mix" was Labrador Retriever...so YES...ANYONE with a human brain would assume the pit in him was what made Buddy attack me in a CLASSIC PIT BULL attack...

Another thing that you can't ignore is that this particular breed is going to be more vulnerable to mistreatment and abuse. This is the type of dog that may be attractive to a certain type of person who wants to use that dog to his/her own advantage. Some might train them to defend property, some might train them to actually BE attack dogs. This is the type of dog that would be attractive to people who are doing "illegal" activities, like gang members. Of course, they want the toughest "baddest" dog on the block.

I have all my Pits trained to attack and let go instantly on command. This is actually better because then you have control over them and they are socialized to not fear people. The program I follow is constant socialization from an early age, obedience training, and finally protection training. Any dog showing aggression towards kids is euthanized.

When I walked into the living room, Buddy charged me...he leaped up an latched on to my right arm...I swung him around as he ripped open my arm...he flew off, got up and charged me again. This time he latched on to my left hand, ripping that open. I yelled for my son to help me. Buddy charged me again, this time he sunk his teeth into my right leg (i was wearing shorts)...he opened a huge would in my calf, then bit into the front of my leg exposing my femur...

The other "mix" was Labrador Retriever...so YES...ANYONE with a human brain would assume the pit in him was what made Buddy attack me in a CLASSIC PIT BULL attack...
Only a dummy would assume that. Labs bite people too. What is a classic Pitbull attack? This should be interesting. So he growled at you first and you consider that a classic Pitbull attack? :laugh:

Pit Bull is not a breed. The bully dogs that are often classified as pitbulls are American Staffordshire terriers, Staffordshire bull terriers, Bull terriers, American Pit Bull Terrier, American Bulldogs, and mixed breed dogs that are said to resemble these dog breeds. Because "pit bull" encompasses such a large number of dog breeds and mixed breed combinations, there are real problems with the classification of dogs in this study. Based upon the way that "pit bulls" are identified, more than 5 million dogs in the U.S. would fit this designation, representing 30-40% of all dogs in the U.S.

Further, the data is unreliable. Medically attended dog bites | Canine Research Council

Last edited:
I think people that like to own dogs like:

Pitbulls
Rotweilers
Dobermans etc.

Like to live on the edge.

With all the other breeds of dog out there, there is no reason to choose one (especially if you have kids) that has more of a potential to bite, hurt, kill than another.
There are plenty of reasons to chose these types of dogs. I like Pits for example. Why? Because they reflect what I admire. They are loving dogs that are capable of discerning friend or foe. I could tell you some great stories about their ability to target a foe and never attack an innocent person standing right next to that foe. They are excellent guard dogs. Highly intelligent, High pain tolerance which comes in handy around little kids poking them in the eye or pulling on their ears. Finally in my estimation they will kill themselves doing whatever it is they think you want them to do.

When I walked into the living room, Buddy charged me...he leaped up an latched on to my right arm...I swung him around as he ripped open my arm...he flew off, got up and charged me again. This time he latched on to my left hand, ripping that open. I yelled for my son to help me. Buddy charged me again, this time he sunk his teeth into my right leg (I was wearing shorts)...he opened a huge gaping wound in my calf, then bit into the front of my leg exposing my femur...

He won't maul any of my kids. Of course, I don't leave him alone with little kids. I don't know why your dog attacked you. I do know it wasn't because he might have had a smidge of PitBull in him.

Pit Bull is not a breed. The bully dogs that are often classified as pitbulls are American Staffordshire terriers, Staffordshire bull terriers, Bull terriers, American Pit Bull Terrier, American Bulldogs, and mixed breed dogs that are said to resemble pits. Because "pit bull" encompasses such a large number of dog breeds and mixed breed combinations, there are real problems with the classification of dogs in this study. Based upon the way that "pit bulls" are identified, more than 5 million dogs in the U.S. would fit this designation, representing 30-40% of all dogs in the U.S.

Further, the data is unreliable. Medically attended dog bites | Canine Research Council
The thing is that people say Pitbull and everyone automatically targets the APBT.

I own a pit. The most loyal, calm and loving dog...good with our cats. She is patient with our hound mix, who is a much larger dog. He is not good with the cats, who despise him.

He won't maul any of my kids. Of course, I don't leave him alone with little kids. I don't know why your dog attacked you. I do know it wasn't because he might have had a smidge of PitBull in him.
I dont know the exact reason but if the dog warned him prior to attacking there was obviously some "leader of the pack" issues BigFern left unresolved or never noticed.

I won't go over anyone's house unless they are securely put away.
and, if I have to listen to them bark the entire time, I'm not interested in being there either.

I won't go over anyone's house unless they are securely put away.
and, if I have to listen to them bark the entire time, I'm not interested in being there either.
If they are barking the entire time you are smart for leaving. The owner obviously doesnt know what they are doing. My dogs rarely if ever bark. If for some reason a visitor gives them a bad vibe I can tell by their stance. I just tell them its ok and they stop.

Only a dummy would assume that. Labs bite people too. What is a classic Pitbull attack? This should be interesting. So he growled at you first and you consider that a classic Pitbull attack? :laugh:

Are you a retard?

Forum List

Back