Pit bulls are safe around children!

Leader of the pack?...funny how you right wing turds quote an illegal immigrant..
Cesar says "pack leader". Leader of the pack is what anyone that knows anything about dogs knows. Obviously, you don't. You need a Yorkie or something. A powerful breed will smell pussy and walk all over you.
Yea, it's MY fault...you folks are the lowest life form on this planet...
Don't get butthurt. It's a fact of life, the animal kingdom is what it is. The dominate force rules, you or your spouse have to be the dominant force in the house.

SOOO...you clicked on the link and OMITTED what you didn't want to hear...

SAN ANTONIO — Weary of mending the mauled victims of dog attacks, doctors and nurses looked back at 15 years of serious bite injuries treated at a San Antonio hospital and produced a study likely to offer new ammunition for those looking to ban or regulate pit bulls.

University Hospital found that attacks by pit bulls were more likely to kill people than those by other breeds. In fact, all three deaths seen at the hospital during the period - two children and a 90-year-old man - were from pit bull attacks, records showed. A fourth fatality, a 64-year-old Von Ormy man killed by a pit bull, wasn't seen by the hospital, death records show.
4 deaths in 15 years in the size of San Antonio? Plus there's no context. Were these crackhead dogs that got loose? If Pits are banned and negligent owners go for another strong breed will the outcome be different?

CONTEXT...

U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities - Dog Bite Statistics - DogsBite.org
Propaganda.

Why did you walk away instead of addressing the issue? You should have made him lay down. Thats the ultimate position of submissiveness. What would the leader of a wolf pack do to another wolf that challenged him?

I can agree using 20/20 hindsight. I should have made him lie down. Buddy never acted like that before. I thought he was calm and that it was over...I paid a high price...physically scared for life including an infection that required a hospital stay. And Buddy paid the ultimate price...and myself and my family was very sad to lose Buddy.

But you are admitting something about the breed when you use a wolf pack example.

Don't get butthurt. It's a fact of life, the animal kingdom is what it is. The dominate force rules, you or your spouse have to be the dominant force in the house.

Thank you for a perfect admission of the right wing mind's worldview...it is why ALL forms of totalitarianism, and authoritarianism come from the right and not the left...

Why did you walk away instead of addressing the issue? You should have made him lay down. Thats the ultimate position of submissiveness. What would the leader of a wolf pack do to another wolf that challenged him?

I can agree using 20/20 hindsight. I should have made him lie down. Buddy never acted like that before. I thought he was calm and that it was over...I paid a high price...physically scared for life including an infection that required a hospital stay. And Buddy paid the ultimate price...and myself and my family was very sad to lose Buddy.

But you are admitting something about the breed when you use a wolf pack example.
Its too bad you were physically scarred. Its too bad you didnt notice the unresolved issues of dominance before this incident occurred. You mentioned I was admitting something about the breed when I used a wolf pack example. You do realize all dogs are descended from wolves right? If I am not mistaken the dog wasnt a specific breed but a mix right?

Thank you for a perfect admission of the right wing mind's worldview...it is why ALL forms of totalitarianism, and authoritarianism come from the right and not the left...
Dogs are not humans no matter how human they appear at times. Their instincts are those of wolves. Its a pack mentality and your dog has to be the lowest ranking member of that pack. Your children should be able to command your dog to lay down or whatever with no issues.

Propaganda.

Tell that to the families...human lives were violently ended and you call that "propaganda"?

Devastated father speaks about deadly pit bull attack
Toddler killed by babysitter's dogs

DARIEN, Wis. —A devastated father says he will not be silent after hearing about another pit bull attacking a child.
Jeff Borchardt lost is son, Dax, nearly three months ago, and he told 12 News that he and his wife decided to leave their Darien home because the memories of the 14-month-old who was mauled to death by two pit bulls in March was overwhelming.

"We couldn't be here anymore. We had to come home to a house with marks on the walls -- this empty house," Borchardt said.

In his first interview about the death of his son, Borchardt told 12 News he wants to speak out about what he feels is a dangerous breed.

"Believing the myth, it's not the breed it's all how you raise them, is what left us without a son," said Borchardt, who was motivated to speak out after a pit bull attack last week in Caledonia left a toddler with serious injuries to his face. "Someone on TV is going to see this and say, 'You know what, that looks like little Johnny, or little Timmy, or whoever,' because this could easily be your son or daughter, too."

Borchardt said before his son's death, he used to think a dog's behavior was determined by the way it was raised. However, the two pit bulls owned by a woman who was babysitting Dax were raised by the couple since they were puppies and had not been abused.

Borchardt said the dogs didn't have a history of aggressive behavior, and he would never have left him with the woman if they had. He said something made the dogs snap on that day in March.

"They had one goal in mind, and that was to murder my baby," said Borchardt, who will never forget how his son looked after the attack. "There were unimaginable bruises and bites all over his legs, his arms and his body -- his head."

Borchardt said his motivation in life is telling Dax's story as many times as people will listen, because if one life is saved, then going through the pain is worth it.

"Let Dax save lives," he said. "I know he's saved lives already. I don't think it's enough."

Borchardt said the babysitter was holding Dax when the dogs attacked, and she did everything possible, including lying on top of the child to try and save him. No criminal charges were filed.

Only on WISN 12 News: Devastated father speaks about deadly pit bull attack

No, you're full of shit. I used to stop by a dog forum but too many were like you and considered dominance evil, bullying and probably right wing. That explains very clearly WHY you had problems with that poor dog. He was a victim of his environment, the one YOU created.

Nature does not mold itself to our approval. It exists as it always has. We either recognize it and work with reality or we pretend otherwise and think our ideology will shape it. It won't.

The issues I see at the dog park are from those who let the dog become dominant. The dog is the leader, they are pack animals and that's what pack animals do. It's how they survive, the strongest passing his genes along.

Forget the Yorkie, he'll rule you too. Get a cat.

Borchardt said before his son's death, he used to think a dog's behavior was determined by the way it was raised. However, the two pit bulls owned by a woman who was babysitting Dax were raised by the couple since they were puppies and had not been abused.
A 14 month old baby was left with two dogs owned by the babysitter but were raised by the couple? It makes no sense.

Its too bad you were physically scarred. Its too bad you didnt notice the unresolved issues of dominance before this incident occurred. You mentioned I was admitting something about the breed when I used a wolf pack example. You do realize all dogs are descended from wolves right? If I am not mistaken the dog wasnt a specific breed but a mix right?

I do realize that dogs are not human, and I understand the pack mentality. What you don't care to acknowledge is that pit bulls don't "bite"...they attack unlike other breeds.

I do realize that dogs are not human, and I understand the pack mentality. What you don't care to acknowledge is that pit bulls don't "bite"...they attack unlike other breeds.
Yes Pits do simply bite. All dogs attack. The difference is that a Pit is bred to inflict severe damage when attacking. People that own these dogs should be more responsible for that very reason. You keep trying to say your mixed dog transformed into a purebred Pit and attacked. It doesnt work like that.

Propaganda.

Tell that to the families...human lives were violently ended and you call that "propaganda"?

DARIEN, Wis. —A devastated father says he will not be silent after hearing about another pit bull attacking a child.
Jeff Borchardt lost is son, Dax, nearly three months ago, and he told 12 News that he and his wife decided to leave their Darien home because the memories of the 14-month-old who was mauled to death by two pit bulls in March was overwhelming.

"We couldn't be here anymore. We had to come home to a house with marks on the walls -- this empty house," Borchardt said.

In his first interview about the death of his son, Borchardt told 12 News he wants to speak out about what he feels is a dangerous breed.

"Believing the myth, it's not the breed it's all how you raise them, is what left us without a son," said Borchardt, who was motivated to speak out after a pit bull attack last week in Caledonia left a toddler with serious injuries to his face. "Someone on TV is going to see this and say, 'You know what, that looks like little Johnny, or little Timmy, or whoever,' because this could easily be your son or daughter, too."

Borchardt said the dogs didn't have a history of aggressive behavior, and he would never have left him with the woman if they had. He said something made the dogs snap on that day in March.

"They had one goal in mind, and that was to murder my baby," said Borchardt, who will never forget how his son looked after the attack. "There were unimaginable bruises and bites all over his legs, his arms and his body -- his head."

Borchardt said his motivation in life is telling Dax's story as many times as people will listen, because if one life is saved, then going through the pain is worth it.

"Let Dax save lives," he said. "I know he's saved lives already. I don't think it's enough."

Borchardt said the babysitter was holding Dax when the dogs attacked, and she did everything possible, including lying on top of the child to try and save him. No criminal charges were filed.

Is this a true story? I dont get how the dogs were owned by the babysitter but raised by the couple?

Leader of the pack?...funny how you right wing turds quote an illegal immigrant..
Cesar says "pack leader". Leader of the pack is what anyone that knows anything about dogs knows. Obviously, you don't. You need a Yorkie or something. A powerful breed will smell pussy and walk all over you.
Yea, it's MY fault...you folks are the lowest life form on this planet...

( Leaving out the druggie/dog fighting types)
Ive always thought Pitbull owners were some of the better dog owners. We had a couple who would bring in various rescue/fighting dogs... they lived kind of far out on purpose. Loved those people.

It's ironic you accused me of being a typical "lib" and compared it to the debate on guns.

Yet it is fear infested right wing turds like you who cling to dangerous dogs just like you cling to your guns because in your tiny mind they are a form of a weapon to save you from all the monsters your warped little mind creates...

And the ultimate irony is you stand WITH "Yorkie" libs...:dunno:

Bring breeders of high-risk dogs to heel
On January 5, the first regular business day of 2004, New York City Center for Animal Care and Control director Ed Boks and actress-turned-animal advocate Bernadette Peters tried to make pit bull terriers more adoptable by announcing that henceforth they would be offered for adoption as “New Yorkies.”
The scheme lasted less than three days.

Animal shelter experts around the U.S., called for comment, remembered the 1996 attempt by the San Francisco SPCA to re-invent pit bulls by calling them “St. Francis terriers.”

About 60 “St. Francis terriers” were placed during the next few months, after extensive screening and training, but then-SF/SPCA president Richard Avanzino reluctantly suspended the program after several of the re-dubbed dogs killed cats.

Propaganda.

Is this a true story? I dont get how the dogs were owned by the babysitter but raised by the couple?

No, the dogs were raised by the babysitter and her boyfriend..

Here is a more in depth link...

Beyond the Interview: Father of Child Killed by Babysitter's Pit Bulls Speaks Out After Attack - DogsBite.org

The Day of the Attack

Images showing Susan's backyard and dog run area, taken in winter 2012.

Walworth County Sheriff's Office did not release details about the March 6th attack until nearly a month later. News articles published then reported that the two pit bulls turned from playful and "nippy" into a violent frenzy. We've since learned more about what occurred before and after the attack. The agreement between Susan and the boy's parents was that Dax was always to be kept away from the two pit bulls and the dogs kenneled. March 6th had started that way.

It must be noted that Susan had babysat Dax at her home on at least 20 occasions previously without incident. The set up was always the same. She and Dax spent time in the front part of the house near her two pet chinchillas. The pit bulls were kept kenneled in the back part of the home near a sliding glass door that exited into the backyard and fenced dog run. Susan provided photographs of the backyard where the attack occurred (taken one year earlier) for this essay.

It was 12:30 pm and time for the dogs to be let outside. Susan dressed Dax in his coat; she had on snow boots and an unzipped parka. There was a routine when the dogs were let out of their kennels. Not only did they have to stay in their kennel until the door was fully open, but were also given an okay to exit. Susan was holding Dax on her hip when she opened the kennel doors. The dogs exited in the routine way then went out the glass door and headed toward the dog run.

Still holding Dax, Susan came strolling up behind. She opened the gate and away the dogs went. When it was time, Susan called her dogs to come inside. The dogs ran back normally then suddenly charged Susan and attacked. One clamped onto her leg and the other latched onto her coat, trying to pull her to the ground. A bite to Susan's arm forced Dax out of her arms and sent them both spiraling into the snow. She scrambled to cover the little boy with her body.

She used the open sides of her parka to insulate the boy as her own dogs tore at her hair, one on either side. The pit bulls then started to dig into the snow around and underneath her to reach Dax. She frantically fought off the dogs, but neither responded to her repeated punches and kicks. She even jammed her thumb hard into her female pit bull's eye with no result. The dogs continued their relentless assault, and in the end, were able to pull Susan away, separating her from Dax.
The gate, already unhinged on one side, was ripped down during the struggle, Susan said. Every time she tried to stand up, the dogs knocked her back into the snow. She could see Dax lying on the ground and her two pit bulls guarding him. Under the haze of distorted time that afflicts people in life-threatening situations, Susan crawled far enough away to be able to rise to her feet. She knew while rising that this was her last chance to act. Her snow boots were loose and frayed. During the onslaught, her male pit bull had torn through them, ripping out the laces.

At this stage her two pit bulls were circling the boy -- his bright red blood covered the surrounding snow and was soaking through it. Susan knew she had to run between the dogs with steady feet to pick up Dax. She also knew she might not make it out of the dog run alive. She raced between the two dogs as fast as she could, scooped up the boy and fled toward the house. As she was going through the door, the female pit bull ran under her legs nearly knocking her down again.

This is all that Susan can remember today. She may never remember the rest.

Police released the 911 call Susan made about a month after the fatal attack. The WISN video only depicted a small portion. Notably, the dispatcher is shocked as Susan screams into the phone, "Dogs, dogs, dogs!" The dispatcher inquires, "They attacked a baby?" Susan screams, "Yes!" Further into the 911 call, Susan warns the dispatcher that two pit bulls are running loose outside and that officers may encounter them. "They can shoot them, I don't care!" Susan cried.

The arriving deputy initially feared it was a murder scene, according to reports. Bloodstained snow and fabric covered the backyard where the attack took place. The dogs had ripped Susan's parka to shreds and stripped all of the clothing from the boy during the prolonged attack. Susan was still frantically speaking with 911 when the first deputy arrived. The officer found Dax in a room in the home, totally naked, lying on his back in a pool of blood. He initially thought the boy was dead.

It's ironic you accused me of being a typical "lib" and compared it to the debate on guns.

Yet it is fear infested right wing turds like you who cling to dangerous dogs just like you cling to your guns because in your tiny mind they are a form of a weapon to save you from all the monsters your warped little mind creates...

And the ultimate irony is you stand WITH "Yorkie" libs...:dunno:

Bring breeders of high-risk dogs to heel
On January 5, the first regular business day of 2004, New York City Center for Animal Care and Control director Ed Boks and actress-turned-animal advocate Bernadette Peters tried to make pit bull terriers more adoptable by announcing that henceforth they would be offered for adoption as “New Yorkies.”
The scheme lasted less than three days.

Animal shelter experts around the U.S., called for comment, remembered the 1996 attempt by the San Francisco SPCA to re-invent pit bulls by calling them “St. Francis terriers.”

About 60 “St. Francis terriers” were placed during the next few months, after extensive screening and training, but then-SF/SPCA president Richard Avanzino reluctantly suspended the program after several of the re-dubbed dogs killed cats.
LOL, is that a comedy skit? They renamed the breed and expected different results? Dogs can't read.

I don't have a monster, asshole. I have an Amstaff mix of some sort that is a sweetheart around dogs and children. Around livestock and wildlife, not so much. She's a hunter and has dispatched a number of moles, likely a cat too if she could. So she's no danger to anything except rodents that make it into my yard.

A stranger could walk into my house and beat her to death with his fists. She's a pet, not a weapon. You're clueless and the type that should never be trusted with a powerful breed. I would support laws that would weed your type out.

Propaganda.

Beyond the Interview: Father of Child Killed by Babysitter's Pit Bulls Speaks Out After Attack - DogsBite.org

The Day of the Attack

Walworth County Sheriff's Office did not release details about the March 6th attack until nearly a month later. News articles published then reported that the two pit bulls turned from playful and "nippy" into a violent frenzy. We've since learned more about what occurred before and after the attack. The agreement between Susan and the boy's parents was that Dax was always to be kept away from the two pit bulls and the dogs kenneled. March 6th had started that way.

It must be noted that Susan had babysat Dax at her home on at least 20 occasions previously without incident. The set up was always the same. She and Dax spent time in the front part of the house near her two pet chinchillas. The pit bulls were kept kenneled in the back part of the home near a sliding glass door that exited into the backyard and fenced dog run. Susan provided photographs of the backyard where the attack occurred (taken one year earlier) for this essay.

It was 12:30 pm and time for the dogs to be let outside. Susan dressed Dax in his coat; she had on snow boots and an unzipped parka. There was a routine when the dogs were let out of their kennels. Not only did they have to stay in their kennel until the door was fully open, but were also given an okay to exit. Susan was holding Dax on her hip when she opened the kennel doors. The dogs exited in the routine way then went out the glass door and headed toward the dog run.

Still holding Dax, Susan came strolling up behind. She opened the gate and away the dogs went. When it was time, Susan called her dogs to come inside. The dogs ran back normally then suddenly charged Susan and attacked. One clamped onto her leg and the other latched onto her coat, trying to pull her to the ground. A bite to Susan's arm forced Dax out of her arms and sent them both spiraling into the snow. She scrambled to cover the little boy with her body.

She used the open sides of her parka to insulate the boy as her own dogs tore at her hair, one on either side. The pit bulls then started to dig into the snow around and underneath her to reach Dax. She frantically fought off the dogs, but neither responded to her repeated punches and kicks. She even jammed her thumb hard into her female pit bull's eye with no result. The dogs continued their relentless assault, and in the end, were able to pull Susan away, separating her from Dax.
The gate, already unhinged on one side, was ripped down during the struggle, Susan said. Every time she tried to stand up, the dogs knocked her back into the snow. She could see Dax lying on the ground and her two pit bulls guarding him. Under the haze of distorted time that afflicts people in life-threatening situations, Susan crawled far enough away to be able to rise to her feet. She knew while rising that this was her last chance to act. Her snow boots were loose and frayed. During the onslaught, her male pit bull had torn through them, ripping out the laces.

At this stage her two pit bulls were circling the boy -- his bright red blood covered the surrounding snow and was soaking through it. Susan knew she had to run between the dogs with steady feet to pick up Dax. She also knew she might not make it out of the dog run alive. She raced between the two dogs as fast as she could, scooped up the boy and fled toward the house. As she was going through the door, the female pit bull ran under her legs nearly knocking her down again.

Police released the 911 call Susan made about a month after the fatal attack. The WISN video only depicted a small portion. Notably, the dispatcher is shocked as Susan screams into the phone, "Dogs, dogs, dogs!" The dispatcher inquires, "They attacked a baby?" Susan screams, "Yes!" Further into the 911 call, Susan warns the dispatcher that two pit bulls are running loose outside and that officers may encounter them. "They can shoot them, I don't care!" Susan cried.

The arriving deputy initially feared it was a murder scene, according to reports. Bloodstained snow and fabric covered the backyard where the attack took place. The dogs had ripped Susan's parka to shreds and stripped all of the clothing from the boy during the prolonged attack. Susan was still frantically speaking with 911 when the first deputy arrived. The officer found Dax in a room in the home, totally naked, lying on his back in a pool of blood. He initially thought the boy was dead.
There's a lot missing in the story. The dogs went from playful and nippy to violent yet there's no mention of it in her later account when she says they attacked for no reason. The child was on her hip, who they were unfamiliar with, while she was playing with two nippy Pitbulls? Obviously she was not in control, nor were the dogs trained properly.

Many females do have problems with powerful breeds, they don't have the presence and their dogs are in control. Seen it hundreds of times. Other women have no problem, if you have a weak presence get a smaller dog or cat. And don't play with two big dogs with a baby on your hip, maybe they thought it was a treat.

LOL, is that a comedy skit? They renamed the breed and expected different results? Dogs can't read.

I don't have a monster, asshole. I have an Amstaff mix of some sort that is a sweetheart around dogs and children. Around livestock and wildlife, not so much. She's a hunter and has dispatched a number of moles, likely a cat too if she could. So she's no danger to anything except rodents that make it into my yard.

A stranger could walk into my house and beat her to death with his fists. She's a pet, not a weapon. You're clueless and the type that should never be trusted with a powerful breed. I would support laws that would weed your type out.

True...dogs can't read, and neither can you...Reading comprehension is not your "thing"...

I didn't say your dog is a monster...have an adult decipher what I said...:popcorn:

Yes Pits do simply bite. All dogs attack. The difference is that a Pit is bred to inflict severe damage when attacking. People that own these dogs should be more responsible for that very reason. You keep trying to say your mixed dog transformed into a purebred Pit and attacked. It doesnt work like that.

The only unanswered question: is your ignorance blind or willful?

Propaganda.

The Day of the Attack

According to this story the dogs went from playful and "nippy" (which isnt a good thing) to a violent frenzy. Later it says the dogs "suddenly" made a coordinated attack the likes I have never seen or heard of any dogs doing basically contradicting the claim they were playful and nippy just prior.

Forum List

Back