🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Plantation Homes

Don't like them, don't patronize them.
Not the point of these people.. They want to erase history for a specific agenda going foward, and they want to replace it with their own sanatized history. The only problem with that however, is that they are total hypocrites the many of them. They want to dam the history in which they hate, yet they are creating history that will also be hated ??? Until everyone cleans up their acts in this country, then the history of this nation shall remain in it's proper places, and it will continue to be made without destroying the past lessons learned.
WHAT past lessons learned? Talking to some of you folks is like taking a trip back in time to the 19th century. Some people have. learned. nothing.
Good grief... The lessons history has taught us all where we were wrong and where we were right.. The fear by the left, is that these mansiins and grounds are so maginficient, that in comparison to what is being accomplished today by the left, there is no comparison. Jealousy raises it's ugly head again. A bill protecting all of our history should be passed in order to put an end to the showboating hypocrisy on the left.
That's just silly, Beagle. No one's jealous of the south. Honestly. You can be proud of it, sure you should. But the belief that the African Americans who were enslaved there are somehow less human, less worthy, than whites was a coping mechanism, not a fact, and it's time everyone let that go. I'm not going to get in a big race argument with you here. But that seems to be the one big lesson some people don't learn.
So no one is jealous of the magnificence of the grounds and mansions either in landscaping or the architecture involved ?? The left wants to shine as the most powerful in the nation, and if they could destroy everything that makes them look small, then believe me they will attempt to destroy it, and that includes people as well.

No. Speaking as a lefty, I love fine and beautiful, even excessive, things, like Faberge eggs and the Crown Jewels. I've never seen the Sistine Chapel or Versailles, but I'd probably love 'em. None of that would have come about without some dudes having an excessive amount of money and spending it on something beautiful for the sheer sake of beauty. I remember in college some of my classmates razzing the fact that one of Monet's pictures had just sold for millions of dollars. Some people were tsk tsking about how many people that money could have fed. Well, I have nothing against feeding people, but what a collector is willing to pay for an object should not kick off a debate about social responsibility.

Look at the Forbidden City in China. The beautiful buildings in St. Petersburg. Even the Communists aren't that miserable.

Don't blacks realize that slavery got them the hell out if Africa?

Don't Cajuns realize that the Brits got them the hell out of Nova Scotia?
Don't Native Americans realize that the colonists got them the hell out of most of America?
Don't Jews realize that Hitler got them the hell out of Germany?

What a fun game. :dig:
Don't Cajuns realize that the sacrifices made by their ancestors has given them the freedom to live in Nova Scotia?
Don't native Americans realize that the sacrifices made by their ancestors has given them the freedom to live anywhere they like in America?
Don't Jews realize that the sacrifices made by their ancestors has given them the freedom to live in Germany or Israel?

More boring than fun.

Yeah I was being facetious. I do that.

Not the point of these people.. They want to erase history for a specific agenda going foward, and they want to replace it with their own sanatized history. The only problem with that however, is that they are total hypocrites the many of them. They want to dam the history in which they hate, yet they are creating history that will also be hated ??? Until everyone cleans up their acts in this country, then the history of this nation shall remain in it's proper places, and it will continue to be made without destroying the past lessons learned.
WHAT past lessons learned? Talking to some of you folks is like taking a trip back in time to the 19th century. Some people have. learned. nothing.
Good grief... The lessons history has taught us all where we were wrong and where we were right.. The fear by the left, is that these mansiins and grounds are so maginficient, that in comparison to what is being accomplished today by the left, there is no comparison. Jealousy raises it's ugly head again. A bill protecting all of our history should be passed in order to put an end to the showboating hypocrisy on the left.
That's just silly, Beagle. No one's jealous of the south. Honestly. You can be proud of it, sure you should. But the belief that the African Americans who were enslaved there are somehow less human, less worthy, than whites was a coping mechanism, not a fact, and it's time everyone let that go. I'm not going to get in a big race argument with you here. But that seems to be the one big lesson some people don't learn.
So no one is jealous of the magnificence of the grounds and mansions either in landscaping or the architecture involved ?? The left wants to shine as the most powerful in the nation, and if they could destroy everything that makes them look small, then believe me they will attempt to destroy it, and that includes people as well.

No. Speaking as a lefty, I love fine and beautiful, even excessive, things, like Faberge eggs and the Crown Jewels. I've never seen the Sistine Chapel or Versailles, but I'd probably love 'em. None of that would have come about without some dudes having an excessive amount of money and spending it on something beautiful for the sheer sake of beauty. I remember in college some of my classmates razzing the fact that one of Monet's pictures had just sold for millions of dollars. Some people were tsk tsking about how many people that money could have fed. Well, I have nothing against feeding people, but what a collector is willing to pay for an object should not kick off a debate about social responsibility.

Look at the Forbidden City in China. The beautiful buildings in St. Petersburg. Even the Communists aren't that miserable.

I've seen Versailles. It was meh-okay but I have a deeper memory of touring the Catacombs.

Not a good point... LOL
Really. We taught them how to wear clothing. Their fist written language. Plenty of food intead of starving. Are American blacks better than African blacks in any way?

See, this post right here ^^ is a perfect example of that same Cult of the Lost Cause historical revisionism that I referred to back in post three. It certainly included rewriting history books all the way back to Africa.

Not that it was a new idea --- colonists back to Columbus were telling the same lies about the Native Americans to excuse their own genocide, imagining "savages" that needed to be "civilized". It's an old and worn tactic.

Thanks for the demo, dood.

Not a good point... LOL
Really. We taught them how to wear clothing. Their fist written language. Plenty of food intead of starving. Are American blacks better than African blacks in any way?

See, this post right here ^^ is a perfect example of that same Cult of the Lost Cause historical revisionism that I referred to back in post three. It certainly included rewriting history books all the way back to Africa.

Not that it was a new idea --- colonists back to Columbus were telling the same lies about the Native Americans to excuse their own genocide, imagining "savages" that needed to be "civilized". It's an old and worn tactic.

The only genocide going on with blacks now is the unbelievable abortion rate and black on black murders.

Not a good point... LOL
Taught them under what conditions ? Yes the side affects of it all weren't totally useless, but the old worn out point that they might should thank America for what they recieved afterwards or was found in the side affects doesn't help to negate the original sin found in it all.

Not a good point... LOL

The only genocide going on with blacks now is the unbelievable abortion rate and black on black murders.
Good point.

Not a good point... LOL

Good point.

He didn't make a point. He quoted my point and then wimped out of any attempt to address it. :gay:

Don't Native Americans realize that the colonists got them the hell out of most of America?

Don't Cajuns realize that the sacrifices made by their ancestors has given them the freedom to live in Nova Scotia?
Don't native Americans realize that the sacrifices made by their ancestors has given them the freedom to live anywhere they like in America?
Don't Jews realize that the sacrifices made by their ancestors has given them the freedom to live in Germany or Israel?

More boring than fun.

To what purpose? Everything you have is what your ancestors fought for.you to have. You almost got it right, but your racism got in the way again.

More boring than fun.

To what purpose? Everything you have is what your ancestors fought for.you to have. You almost got it right, but your racism got in the way again.

No I'm afraid my ancestors had no plantations. They just happen to live in places where these museums exist.

The purpose should be obvious ---- mocking the bigotry of the post I quoted.

Duh. :yourpointsmile:

Last edited:

More boring than fun.

No I'm afraid my ancestors had no plantations. They just happen to live in places where these museums exist.
Not you personally, silly. How would I know anything about you other than your political party leanings and its current and past history of racism? Maybe I should've said y'all.

I've seen Versailles. It was meh-okay but I have a deeper memory of touring the Catacombs.
Yeah, I'd be more jazzed about Mt. Vernon, I'm sure. I was just trying to think of excessive. I hear the gardens and grounds at Versailles are beautiful, though.

More boring than fun.

Not you personally, silly. How would I know anything about you other than your political party leanings and its current and past history of racism? Maybe I should've said y'all.

Exactly, since I don't even have a political party, what would you know indeed. Not a whole lot.

But you did post above, and I quote, "your racism". Doesn't get much more personal than that. And this immediately after I mocked a different poster's racism for what it is. So yes the question is eloquent --- what would you know even about basic reading comprehension, let alone histories or racism. What indeed.

SMGDH

You now owe me an apology, although I expect you can't summon up the intellect to figure out why.

Whatever.

Yeah, I'd be more jazzed about Mt. Vernon, I'm sure. I was just trying to think of excessive. I hear the gardens and grounds at Versailles are beautiful, though.

Yanno, I saw it all but I just don't have that much of a memory of it. Except that like most tourist-trap gardens-and-grounds it was way too manicured. Too many straight lines for my taste.

Maybe slavery wasn't the best thing that ever happened to American Negroes of slavery descent. Shucks they could still be in Africa, starving to death, dying from AIDS or other diseases, still having slavery etc. Lots of American blacks would rather live in Africa. Right?

How come nobody has a problem with all the plantation homes and slave quarters being used for a profit in Louisiana? I’ve always found it to be extremely distasteful to have them up and running for tourists. Who wants to stay the night in the slave quarters? Really? I wouldn’t say anything and to each his own but everybody has their panties in a wad about the statues.
Soo...you think they should be burned to the ground?

Of course I believe the government shouldn't own them in the first place.

How come nobody has a problem with all the plantation homes and slave quarters being used for a profit in Louisiana? I’ve always found it to be extremely distasteful to have them up and running for tourists. Who wants to stay the night in the slave quarters? Really? I wouldn’t say anything and to each his own but everybody has their panties in a wad about the statues.

No I think they should be treated as historical places you can tour and see but not stay the night in, get married at, etc.

No I think they should be treated as historical places you can tour and see but not stay the night in, get married at, etc.
Good grief, why not ? Where's your sense of adventure ?

Where do you get this idea that "the government owns them"?

I know of one such building that was donated to its city. Others are in private hands, including those who chose to go the route of running a hotel or bed-and-breakfast instead of a walking museum. Which is their right to do as property owners.

Good grief, why not ? Where's your sense of adventure ?
Lol not my idea of adventure

Forum List

Back