Plea deal reversal for 9/11 terrorists wins praise and demands for justice from victims groups, Republicans

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021

The stunning reversal Friday of a plea deal for the mastermind behind the Sept. 11 terror attacks and his accomplices won praise and demands for justice from victims groups and Republican lawmakers.

"The Biden-Harris Administration is correct to reverse course after receiving letters from @GOPoversight and @HASCRepublicans launching investigations into this terrible plea deal," House Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., posted on X after news broke that Defense Secretary Lloyd J. Austin III had revoked the deal.

"Now deliver long awaited justice for 9/11 families," he said.

I can't find a thread about the reversal, if there is one lock it down.

Good news at any rate. :)

I hope they are executed.

They can't get the DP for these guys in a military court after they were tortured. Even Ted Olson, whose wife died, publically acknowledges this. Some now criticize W for the decision to try these guys in a military court, but that was one thing I thought W got right (worst vote of my life for that guy).

These cases will never reach a final judgment. And I'm fine with that, if waterboarding their asses gained any useful intelligence. I'm assuming the best motives were behind this, and the goal was lifetime sentences. But who cares. Keep em at gitmo, and not on US soil. They can die and be cremated and dumped in the ocean from there. No civil courts. And if the sup ct ever says it's wrong, they can pound sand.

I hope the families can heal.

The stunning reversal Friday of a plea deal for the mastermind behind the Sept. 11 terror attacks and his accomplices won praise and demands for justice from victims groups and Republican lawmakers.

"The Biden-Harris Administration is correct to reverse course after receiving letters from @GOPoversight and @HASCRepublicans launching investigations into this terrible plea deal," House Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., posted on X after news broke that Defense Secretary Lloyd J. Austin III had revoked the deal.

"Now deliver long awaited justice for 9/11 families," he said.

I can't find a thread about the reversal, if there is one lock it down.

Good news at any rate. :)

I hope they are executed.
The assholes are only putting it off until after the election.

Forum List

Back