Please explain why you Republicans support the wealthy over your own middle class?

Let the wealthy have theirs. I have no problem with that. But they have zero right to ask me to take less on my SS every month since I have paid into it. But there are those on the right that dont believe in SS for people like me. They are not my fellow americans. Does that sound like class warfare? Cuz it is alive and well.

You didn't pay into anything. The government taxed you to give handouts to other people who didn't pay into anything either. It's a ponzi scheme. You just had the bad luck to be at the end of it.

How that's not completely obvious and why people dont make plans to avoid it, is beyond me.

Let the wealthy have theirs. I have no problem with that. But they have zero right to ask me to take less on my SS every month since I have paid into it. But there are those on the right that dont believe in SS for people like me. They are not my fellow americans. Does that sound like class warfare? Cuz it is alive and well.

You didn't pay into anything. The government taxed you to give handouts to other people who didn't pay into anything either. It's a ponzi scheme. You just had the bad luck to be at the end of it.

How that's not completely obvious and why people dont make plans to avoid it, is beyond me.
Because they are indoctrinated in Gubmint Schrools that Government's purpose is to take care of them because they are smart enough...nor ever will be.

They are doomed to failure by proxy.

WHy don't YOU ask YOUR government WHY you are taxed on the payment they Send you? Isn't that double TAXATION?

And what of the payouts to those that never payed a DIME into it? Should they receive payments?

Please explain Americans why you Republicans support the wealthy over your own middle class?

I could never understand why the misguided mouthpieces in the Republican Party continue to make excuses for the top 1% wealthiest while dissing their own in the middle class. Cowards and Traitors, the bunch of ya. While the middle class is trying to unite against the wealthiest, some in the middle class are playing the Benedict Arnold role - all in the name of the Grand Ol' Party. :dunno:

Shameless Cowards - the lot of you:eusa_naughty:

-----

you need to snap out of the belief you have any real choice and that your party does not serve the very same agenda, its just choices of icing on the very same shit cake

You are right. The problem is that we have too many people that are allowed to collect that have NOT paid into the "pool" (disability that is faked, medicaid for children that have parents that are not married/deadbeat parents, medicare for people that have not paid into the system. I think that is where you hear the hostility (not towards those that worked for decades, paid their taxes, and retired).

Medicaid benefits are not paid from the social security fund.

The people that paid into Social Security only have that 7% that they put in at risk (even though their employer matched that). Those of us in our 40s, and 50s are being threatened with not being able to collect any of that (if we make TOO much, with them inflating the dollar), and on top of that the libs are now trying to figure out how to steal our 401Ks (we were told not to rely on the gov't, but to save on our own, and now the libs want to take that and give it to people that have lived like the proverbial grasshopper). It looks like we will all starve if we have a hard winter. The grasshoppers have invaded the ants homes, and the ants have been punished into not producing or have left.

What are you talking about?

You didn't pay into anything. The government taxed you to give handouts to other people who didn't pay into anything either. It's a ponzi scheme. You just had the bad luck to be at the end of it

It's not a Ponzi scheme. Please research Ponzi schemes.

Please explain Americans why you Republicans support the wealthy over your own middle class?

I could never understand why the misguided mouthpieces in the Republican Party continue to make excuses for the top 1% wealthiest while dissing their own in the middle class. Cowards and Traitors, the bunch of ya. While the middle class is trying to unite against the wealthiest, some in the middle class are playing the Benedict Arnold role - all in the name of the Grand Ol' Party. :dunno:

-----

Support the Idea of Everyone Getting richer. Which has been happening. The poor have gotten a tad poorer, but those are new poor. Not the same poor we counted 10 years ago. Mostly Immigrants. The poor we counted 10 years ago, all but 18% of them have moved above the Poor Class. Because in America If you try hard, everyone get's richer.

Just above everything the Government does, is a Ponzi Scheme in one way or another.

SS, Is in the fact that it is funded much like a Ponzi scheme. Requiring a constant Stream of New Investors to keep paying off to the old investors. The problem is when it started there were 26 workers for every 1 person collecting. Now it is almost 1 to 1.

Just above everything the Government does, is a Ponzi Scheme in one way or another.

SS, Is in the fact that it is funded much like a Ponzi scheme. Requiring a constant Stream of New Investors to keep paying off to the old investors. The problem is when it started there were 26 workers for every 1 person collecting. Now it is almost 1 to 1.

You don't know the meaning of Ponzi scheme.

I'm not sure where you're getting those numbers. Did you just make them up?

No. He is off a tad as I believe we are now down to just over 3 workers for every retiree, which of course is not sustainable. When we are down to a 1 to 1 ratio the system will have completely collapsed, but we aren't far away from that if they don't reform the system now.

This year about 157 million U.S. workers are supporting some 55 million Social Security recipients. In 1950, 48 million workers supported 2 milllion recipients.

Ever since its inception, the Republicans have wanted to destroy Social Security. We must not allow them to succeed. Social Security is the most successful and popular federal program in existence. For 76 years it has paid out every penny owed to every eligible American and has played a major role in reducing poverty among seniors. Today, Social Security has a 2.5 trillion dollar surplus and can pay out all benefits for the next 25 years. Importantly, because it is funded by the payroll tax and not the U.S. Treasury, Social Security has played no role in causing the deficit.

No. He is off a tad as I believe we are now down to just over 3 workers for every retiree, which of course is not sustainable. When we are down to a 1 to 1 ratio the system will have completely collapsed, but we aren't far away from that if they don't reform the system now.

This year about 157 million U.S. workers are supporting some 55 million Social Security recipients. In 1950, 48 million workers supported 2 milllion recipients.

Uh, yeah, some people would call that a tad. :lmao:

Are you familiar with something called the Baby Boom?

Ever since its inception, the Republicans have wanted to destroy Social Security. We must not allow them to succeed. Social Security is the most successful and popular federal program in existence. For 76 years it has paid out every penny owed to every eligible American and has played a major role in reducing poverty among seniors. Today, Social Security has a 2.5 trillion dollar surplus and can pay out all benefits for the next 25 years. Importantly, because it is funded by the payroll tax and not the U.S. Treasury, Social Security has played no role in causing the deficit.

Sorry, we have a "national debt", and that money that was supposed to be in a "lock box" is in the general fund. It is being used to pay the "bills" (handouts, debt payments, etc). The Social Security is a Ponzi scheme: the citizens were promised that social security would be there for them in their "old age" (that age was set by the gov't to be older than the average American lived; by design the system was set up to have people pay in and die before they could ever collect). With lifestyle and medical improvements, the citizens stomped all over the gov't plans to use that for "gov't plans", by living long enough to collect,even collect A LOT. That is one of the reasons the gov't is "extending" the age at which a person is eligible to collect. The gov't holds Social Security over the heads of the taxpayers to influence how those people vote. People will vote their freedoms, their children's freedom, and the grandchildren's freedom away for a tiny piece of "security" that the gov't controls the value (inflates or deflates the dollar to change the "value" of your retirement). And still, people that have paid into it do not see, that it is a stick the gov't is using to beat you.

-----

Well that's just one of a zillion things the idiots on the left don't understand. The GOP does not support ANYONE. What they stand for is FREEDOM to be left alone from an oppressive government. FREEDOM to earn wealth and spend it as you see fit.

If that means 1% of the population has "all the money" - so be it. Through their own talent and FREEDOM, they earned it. Sadly, the left is made up of degenerate, angry little jealous people who hate others who have done better than them in life, and so they support Communism and redistribution of wealth from those who do to those who don't. The only thing the GOP support is a FREE market. Sad that you spoiled little children on the left don't support all of the freedoms that this country was founded on.

-----

Well that's just one of a zillion things the idiots on the left don't understand. The GOP does not support ANYONE. What they stand for is FREEDOM to be left alone from an oppressive government. FREEDOM to earn wealth and spend it as you see fit.

If that means 1% of the population has "all the money" - so be it. Through their own talent and FREEDOM, they earned it. Sadly, the left is made up of degenerate, angry little jealous people who hate others who have done better than them in life, and so they support Communism and redistribution of wealth from those who do to those who don't. The only thing the GOP support is a FREE market. Sad that you spoiled little children on the left don't support all of the freedoms that this country was founded on.

Wall Street ran a $516 trillion dollar derivative Ponzi scheme that destroyed the world economy.

They did not earn that money. They stole it.

And no one went to jail for it.

-----

Wall Street ran a $516 trillion dollar derivative Ponzi scheme that destroyed the world economy.

They did not earn that money. They stole it.

And no one went to jail for it.

And the politicians assisted them, the politician that has received the most money from wall street is sitting in the White House. Do you think the left will vote against him and wall street greed?????? Or do you think the left will support him in spite of wall street greed (continuing the cycle)?

Well, we haven't had a meaningful discussion until we've heard the wisdom of a stand-up comic. :eusa_hand:

What does it say about the left that THIS is their source of political thought?

Wisdom is where you find it.

And you don't find it supporting the oil, gas, and coal companies and the super rich.

Please! Do you have a clue??????? Do you no where our infrastructure is based?
Do you know how we have clean cities? Do you understand that without "big business", those filthy polluting power plants, those greedy rich industries, that there would be no PIPES FOR CLEAN/DIRTY WATER, WIRES TO RUN ELECTRICITY FOR ELEVATORS/LIGHTS/HVAC? We would be like any third world nation: pissing in the street, and having to carry water (no so clean) for our daily needs. There would be no machinery for hospitals, no sewage treatment plants, no electric stoves, washing machines or microwaves. People would be cooking over wood or shit fires, after toiling in their gardens and hunting for meat (by the way, no guns because those metal industries wouldn't exist).
Wisdom??????
Seriously, you were given the ability to reason from the Lord, it was a gift. Please, please, use it once in a while.

Same old tired arguments based mostly on nothing but blind faith and folly.

As to Adam Smith? Here's what AS says about taxes.

I. The subjects of every state ought to contribute towards the support of the government, as nearly as possible, in proportion to their respective abilities; that is, in proportion to the revenue which they respectively enjoy under the protection of the state.

source

The above is describing a PROGRESSIVE TAX SYSTEM, folks

Forum List

Back