Please Godly BEAT ME! Southern Baptist leader ousted. Women should pray for their abusive husbands!?

I'm sure Muslims are aghast

Domestic violence occurs in all cultures, including all religions, as does stupidity in all places as you prove in the US, every time you post.

That was my point you freaking jackass.

Talk about stupidity in every post....you're as stupid as a fucking stump. Sit down

Liar. Your point was to point out a specific set of people, not meant by you to be inclusive of every race, religion or ethnicity. If so you would have made that clear, even with your limited educational skills.

Southern Baptist leader ousted as seminary president after saying women should pray for their abusive husbands
A top Southern Baptist leader was ousted this week as the head of his seminary after he was widely criticized for saying that women who are abused by their husbands should pray for them and that women should “be submissive in every way that you can.”

The New York Times reported Wednesday that the board of the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary had voted to remove the leader, Paige Patterson, as the leader of the Forth Worth, Texas, institution.

“After much prayer and a more than 13-hour discussion regarding challenges facing the institution, including those of enrollment, financial, leadership and institutional identity, the Board determined to move in the direction of new leadership,” the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary board said in a statement on Tuesday.

patterson_paige.png

© YouTube
A top Southern Baptist leader was ousted this week as the head of his seminar
Southern Baptist leader ousted as seminary president after saying women should pray for their abusive husbands

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Just how sick can religion GET?

So you think asking the Almighty Creator of the Universe to make your lousy husband a better person is a bad plan?
No, but telling his female parishoners to be as submissive as they can is not a good plan if a woman is being abused. I don't mean that they should be mouthy, but advising them to put up and shut up, which is what it SOUNDS like, could be very bad advice. He could have been quoted out of context; who knows. There are a lot of better people than I, who would pray for the soul of a joker who regularly beat and terrorized his wife. They're welcome to it. As long as that's not the ONLY answer to the problem.

You misunderstand (BIG surprise). I'm not expressing an opinion one way or the other about the whole of Patterson's remarks. I'm addressing specifically the idea of praying for an abusive husband.

Atheists have no concept of the power of prayer

Mind you, I'd be praying for him to become a better person while he was in the hospital in traction, but God knows about my anger issues and I'm sure He forgives me.

A top Southern Baptist leader was ousted this week as the head of his seminary after he was widely criticized for saying that women who are abused by their husbands should pray for them and that women should “be submissive in every way that you can.”

The New York Times reported Wednesday that the board of the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary had voted to remove the leader, Paige Patterson, as the leader of the Forth Worth, Texas, institution.

“After much prayer and a more than 13-hour discussion regarding challenges facing the institution, including those of enrollment, financial, leadership and institutional identity, the Board determined to move in the direction of new leadership,” the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary board said in a statement on Tuesday.

patterson_paige.png

© YouTube

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

So you think asking the Almighty Creator of the Universe to make your lousy husband a better person is a bad plan?
No, but telling his female parishoners to be as submissive as they can is not a good plan if a woman is being abused. I don't mean that they should be mouthy, but advising them to put up and shut up, which is what it SOUNDS like, could be very bad advice. He could have been quoted out of context; who knows. There are a lot of better people than I, who would pray for the soul of a joker who regularly beat and terrorized his wife. They're welcome to it. As long as that's not the ONLY answer to the problem.

You misunderstand (BIG surprise). I'm not expressing an opinion one way or the other about the whole of Patterson's remarks. I'm addressing specifically the idea of praying for an abusive husband.

Mind you, I'd be praying for him to become a better person while he was in the hospital in traction, but God knows about my anger issues and I'm sure He forgives me.

I have no fear my husband would ever do such a thing. What I find hilarious is the OP (and others) seem to think domestic violence is a religious thing, sadly it happens in all walks of life

What the Preacher said is straight out of the Bible. .... :cool:

" women who are abused by their husbands should pray for them and that women should “be submissive in every way that you can.”

Sounds like the Southern Baptists have gone PC. .... :cuckoo:

I have no fear my husband would ever do such a thing. What I find hilarious is the OP (and others) seem to think domestic violence is a religious thing, sadly it happens in all walks of life

Oh, I'm not talking about my ACTUAL husband, who is not only a better person than that, but also plans on being able to go to sleep.

The OP and others also assume (wrongly) that out-there religious nuts are the only people who tell abused women to suck it up, keep quiet, and just try to manage.

Where would you get the idea anyone thinks DV is a religious thing? The OP is about a Baptist minister who delivered a big FAIL in how to approach it. Maybe that's why religion is being brought up. I've known lots of religious people and NONE of them justify DV or encourage women to put up with it. I've seen ministers work with church members to get BOTH of them help, but never just put up and shut up.

Oh, I'm not talking about my ACTUAL husband, who is not only a better person than that, but also plans on being able to go to sleep.

The OP and others also assume (wrongly) that out-there religious nuts are the only people who tell abused women to suck it up, keep quiet, and just try to manage.

They jump on any chance to bash religion...and ignore the same thing goes on in all types of households

The only time DV was brought up was in the OP's title.

The preacher didn't say anything about beating your wife. ..... :cool:

patterson_paige.png

© YouTube

giphy.gif

Daaaamn I can't believe Southern Baptists took a step forward. I feel like there's probably a big movement within that agrees with that guy though.
A step forward? The OP said it's sick.

Maybe you two snowflakes oughta take off your shirts and duke it out.

The only time DV was brought up was in the OP's title.

The preacher didn't say anything about beating your wife. ..... :cool:
women who are abused by their husbands should pray for them and that women should “be submissive in every way that you can.”
Abused = physical violence, terrorizing, extreme control etc.

patterson_paige.png

© YouTube

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Maybe if god got off his ass and did anything such would change? You can pray all you want or you can get the fuck out from under an asshole. Your choice.

patterson_paige.png

© YouTube

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Maybe if god got off his ass and did anything such would change? You can pray all you want or you can get the fuck out from under an asshole. Your choice.

You seem to have some issues going on....you should pray on that

patterson_paige.png

© YouTube

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I like your assumption that God never "gets off His ass and does anything". I also like your assumption that it's an either/or, binary choice.

patterson_paige.png

© YouTube

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

anti-Islamic post

patterson_paige.png

© YouTube

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Yes I do. I think a divorce and charges are in order.

You seem to have some issues going on....you should pray on that

You mean reality.

I like your assumption that God never "gets off His ass and does anything". I also like your assumption that it's an either/or, binary choice.

Till one ends up dead.

Forum List

Back