Plot Twist: Trump says his lawyers had 'productive' meeting with DOJ about Jan 6 - "explained I did Nothing wrong!"

Still no indictment over Jan 6th.

News for the past 10 days or so have said it was imminent.

Now? Crickets.

It could still happen, but every day that passes and it doesn't?

Seems to mark this thread as "Fact Check True".

P.S. I only believe Hunter's lawyers.

donny wouldn't get a target letter if he wasn't gonna be indicted.

A target letter is official correspondence that prosecutors send to people under investigation, CBS News legal contributor and Loyola Law School professor Jessica Levinson explained. It alerts the recipient that they are under investigation, and that the investigation is nearing the final stages.

"And usually, as this target letter apparently did, to say to the person 'you can come and testify before the grand jury," Levinson said.

Trump has received two such letters in the past, Levinson said. One was in the Manhattan district attorney's investigation into "hush money" payments, for which Trump was charged in April with 34 counts of allegedly falsifying business records.

Regardless of whether Trump chooses to testify or not, the letter serves as an indication that an indictment is likely coming soon. Levinson said she believes it could be days or weeks before a federal indictment. Former federal prosecutor Richard Convertino told CBS Detroit he agreed an indictment was coming.

"Once a person is the target of a federal grand jury investigation, they will be indicted," Convertino said. "I can think of, in 20 years as a federal prosecutor, I can think of no cases where a target was not ultimately indicted."
What is a target letter? What to know about the document Trump received from DOJ special counsel Jack Smith

Forum List

Back