Podesta: Cruz is likely GOP nominee

I would think that he would if they tried to push Jeb through. Trump clearly hates Jeb, and the only way Jeb is getting the nod is through chicanery. I think he actually likes Cruz, and if Cruz were to win the nom it would have to be through legitamite votes because the cheaters aren't going to cheat for Cruz.

Trump is "Team Hillary." His job is to be a spoiler and split the vote so that Unelectable Hillary is elected.

If he isn't the Nominee, you'll see it soon.

It looks to me more likely that he will be the nominee when it's all said and done. No matter how outrageous he gets, the higher his numbers go up.

Admittedly I find out I'm wrong more often than not when predicting how politics will play out, probably because I try and use common sense while making my guess. Like most people I figured Trump was a flash in the pan and would have dropped out before the first debate.

Yet here we are.

Podesta to donors: Cruz is likely GOP nominee

Of all the possible GOP nominees I believe the best one is Ted Cruz. He will reduce the power and influence of the federal government and in doing so take away some of the incentive of lobbyists to corrupt elected officials.

Both republicrats and democrooks know this. They don't like Trump, but they HATE Ted Cruz.

The top-ranking official on Clinton's team, Podesta has mostly stayed away from the public eye during the campaign apart from the occasional television interview, instead keeping his focus on private events. Thursday night's fundraiser was closed to reporters, like all of Clinton's campaign cash events.

Why would the press be shut out of hitlary money grubbing orgies? I suppose if you're running for president and in a room full of your fellow traitors you don't want the whole country to be exposed to the criminally insane totalitarian sociopath's conversations.

To me this is a win win for all conservatives. If Trump wins the nomination and makes Cruz VP I'm doing cartwheels. If Cruz takes it even by a smidge, the Donald will throw his supporters behind Cruz I'm doing cartwheels. And I have no doubt Cruz would make Trump if he wanted to Cruz's key adviser.

I do wish one day to witness an "after primary" roll out of Team <fill in the blank let's pretend its Trump>. Like an Olympic hockey team for example.

Trump for Pres.

Not sure VP

Attorney General Cruz (oh libs would need so much Immodium AD extra strength)

Surgeon General the esteemed Dr. Ben Carson

Catch my drift?

And whoa whoa whoa! Carly for White House Press Secretary. We could kill the debt if we made the daily press briefings a Pay per View.

:lol:

It looks to me more likely that he will be the nominee when it's all said and done. No matter how outrageous he gets, the higher his numbers go up.

Admittedly I find out I'm wrong more often than not when predicting how politics will play out, probably because I try and use common sense while making my guess. Like most people I figured Trump was a flash in the pan and would have dropped out before the first debate.

Yet here we are.

I would like to remind my conservative friends, that polls at this point in time mean little. It is why when the left start talking about how Hillary is the new messiah, we should all snicker.

Do we remember George H. Bush having an approval rating of almost 85%? So high in fact, that the Democrats thought there was no way they were going to win, so none of the A team ran, and so the liberal B team did, which is how we got the Clinton machine we are still dealing with to this day. A backwoods, hayseed, sexual harasser, and his wife....who make almost as much money as Mitt Romney does, and have never created a thing..........except work for dry cleaners by removing stains-) They claim commonality with the working class, lololol!

Point is, polls at this point in time mean nothing; especially when dealing with one candidate against another.

And so, let us speak logically, and rationally for once; which of course is going to piss some people off with the conclusion we draw. The odds are very high, the republican nomination will come down to Cruz V Rubio. I could explain why, but I am sure everybody wants to know, "where is Trump!"

I said the "odds are," and that is a fact. But here is another fact that will make the Trumpsters happy........maybe. If Trump wins the nomination, he should win the Presidency. Why? Because the only way he will get the nod is from NON-conservatives, meaning that what will carry him is a bunch of people who have not voted in forever, and a bunch of Democrats crossing over. The way you will know this trend is true, is if Trump struggles in non-open primary states, but handily wins those that do have open primaries. What that will mean is............many, many, MANY Democrats and independents are on board the Trump train.

And also "no," if Cruz or Carson beat him out, he won't run as an independent. But, I agree if Bush or Kasich beat him out, he will run as an independent just to put the GOP establishment in its place.

Why would you think that? He keeps making a huge damned deal about it being a possibility.

I would think that he would if they tried to push Jeb through. Trump clearly hates Jeb, and the only way Jeb is getting the nod is through chicanery. I think he actually likes Cruz, and if Cruz were to win the nom it would have to be through legitamite votes because the cheaters aren't going to cheat for Cruz.

Trump and Cruz are friends, which is a big reason why they don't ever seem to really attack each other. Cruz, of course, appears to be trying to take the high road in regards to his GOP competitors as much as possible, which I think is not a bad strategy.

Yet here we are.

I would like to remind my conservative friends, that polls at this point in time mean little. It is why when the left start talking about how Hillary is the new messiah, we should all snicker.

Do we remember George H. Bush having an approval rating of almost 85%? So high in fact, that the Democrats thought there was no way they were going to win, so none of the A team ran, and so the liberal B team did, which is how we got the Clinton machine we are still dealing with to this day. A backwoods, hayseed, sexual harasser, and his wife....who make almost as much money as Mitt Romney does, and have never created a thing..........except work for dry cleaners by removing stains-) They claim commonality with the working class, lololol!

Point is, polls at this point in time mean nothing; especially when dealing with one candidate against another.

And so, let us speak logically, and rationally for once; which of course is going to piss some people off with the conclusion we draw. The odds are very high, the republican nomination will come down to Cruz V Rubio. I could explain why, but I am sure everybody wants to know, "where is Trump!"

I said the "odds are," and that is a fact. But here is another fact that will make the Trumpsters happy........maybe. If Trump wins the nomination, he should win the Presidency. Why? Because the only way he will get the nod is from NON-conservatives, meaning that what will carry him is a bunch of people who have not voted in forever, and a bunch of Democrats crossing over. The way you will know this trend is true, is if Trump struggles in non-open primary states, but handily wins those that do have open primaries. What that will mean is............many, many, MANY Democrats and independents are on board the Trump train.

And also "no," if Cruz or Carson beat him out, he won't run as an independent. But, I agree if Bush or Kasich beat him out, he will run as an independent just to put the GOP establishment in its place.

I think Trump always intended that a third-party run was only possible if certain people became the candidate, without actually coming right out and naming names. That seemed like how he was phrasing it, anyway.

On the other hand, I worry about that massive ego of his becoming too far engaged and triggering a third-party run simply because he's become too invested in his own wonderfulness.

Trump is "Team Hillary." His job is to be a spoiler and split the vote so that Unelectable Hillary is elected.

I have trouble picturing an egomaniac like that being a stalking horse for anyone.

Yet here we are.

I think Trump always intended that a third-party run was only possible if certain people became the candidate, without actually coming right out and naming names. That seemed like how he was phrasing it, anyway.

On the other hand, I worry about that massive ego of his becoming too far engaged and triggering a third-party run simply because he's become too invested in his own wonderfulness.

I am almost certain he won't. Why? Because if Hilly wins, he draws more democrats than anyone. Think Hilly will have everything going smoothly? 2020 Trump-)

Seriously, I believe if he loses, he will go back to what he was doing before. He isn't going to invest a billion into running to screw someone, since he knows he can't win as 3rd party. Donald is arrogant and a pain, but he is far from stupid.

Yet here we are.

I think it's significant that the polls he does the best in are the ones that don't differentiate between likely voters and schlubs who just like taking polls. I really do think that when it gets down to people actually casting votes, a goodly portion of his "support" is going to evaporate.

Yet here we are.

I am almost certain he won't. Why? Because if Hilly wins, he draws more democrats than anyone. Think Hilly will have everything going smoothly? 2020 Trump-)

Seriously, I believe if he loses, he will go back to what he was doing before. He isn't going to invest a billion into running to screw someone, since he knows he can't win as 3rd party. Donald is arrogant and a pain, but he is far from stupid.

Oh, I don't think he'd spend a billion of his own money. In fact, I KNOW he's not going to spend a billion of his own money even if he DOES get the nomination. He's already accepting donations and weaseling around PACs on the QT.

Cruz would be a fine nominee - like Trump, he truly doesn't take shit from Muslim inbreds, Liberals, nor the PC crowd. Love his idea of shutting down the IRS, the TSA and other WASTEFUL government do-nothing agencies. Send these doughnut-eating do-nothing government turds home on a furlough - an extended one. Then onto the immigration issue - build a wall, tighten entry for everyone non-American. Then begin an aggressive bombing campaign on Muslin countries until ISIS quits/surrenders. Kind of a Trump-lite. Well, they all are, really. Anyone BUT a limp-wristed pan-zee or a 70 year old skank under investigation by the FBI will suffice. We've had a bumbling baboon on watch for the last eight years. A blind, Mexican retard would be an improvement.

I like Cruz as well and agree with your post.

I also like Trump. He's saying what people want to hear.

2016 should be very interesting.
Donald Trump or Ted Cruz need to quickly place John Whitehead as an advisor in their cabinet.... He wrote a book called "Battlefield America".... This guy is very very smart, and he would be a huge asset to the nation in an advisory roll in government.... Enough is enough in this nation.

Forum List

Back