Police shoot and kill 12 year old and then sue the family for ambulance fees.

'Insult to Homicide': Cleveland Sues Tamir Rice's Family for Ambulance Fees

As the Scene reports, Cleveland has filed a claim in probate court, seeking $500 from Rice’s estate to pay for emergency medical services rendered after Officer Timothy Loehmann fatally shot the boy. The charge is especially galling because Loehmann and another officer apparently had no training or equipment to provide aid to Rice after they shot him. They did nothing for four minutes until an FBI agent who happened to be nearby took over.

In March,Mayor Frank Jackson apologized for language that Cleveland had used in a brief that blamed Rice for causing his own death by “failure ... to exercise due care to avoid injury.” Jackson called the language insensitive, but said it had been used to preserve the city’s legal defenses. That seems to cut straight to the heart of the matter: While Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Timothy McGinty failed to indict Loehmann in the case, it seems telling the wording in the brief is so inflammatory to a lay public the mayor felt compelled to apologize.

--------------

Sounds like a bullet fee.

Remember bullet fees?

Why do Democrats hate black people so much?

It was THEIR son who was terrorizing people when he got shot. Why should the city have to pay for THEIR mistakes as parents?
I get where you are coming from here, but sadly sometimes a parent's best still isn't enough. My mom did the best that she could with my older sister and now its been over seven years since my mom got to see my sister's kids because my sister doesn't want anything more to do with our mom...or me.

God bless you and my mom and my niece and nephew always!!!

Holly

P.S. This summer it will be ten years since I have seen my niece and nephew.

In a news conference on Thursday, Mayor Frank Jackson apologized for the billing, saying that supervisors should have been alerted and the claim never should have been filed.

Forum List

Back