Political Cartoon

1710265109083.png

BREAKING: The sex trafficking victim whose story MAGA Senator Katie Britt exploited during her State of the Union response speaks out — and she's disgusted with her.

The victim didn’t mince words, declaring, "I hardly ever cooperate with politicians, because it seems to me that they only want an image. They only want a photo — and that to me is not fair."

The woman in question, Karla Jacinto Romero, spoke out on the issue to CNN.

"I work as a spokesperson for many victims who have no voice, and I really would like them to be empathetic: all the governors, all the senators, to be empathetic with the issue of human trafficking because there are millions of girls and boys who disappear all the time," she went on.

"People who are really trafficked and abused, as [Britt] mentioned. And I think [Britt] should first take into account what really happens before telling a story of that magnitude," Jacinto added.

During her disastrous speech, Britt told the story of Jacinto being trafficked and falsely claimed that her tragic story happened during Biden's presidency. Britt was trying to connect it to the president's border policy, a cynical effort to push Republican lies.

In reality, the horrific events occurred during the George W. Bush administration. As if that weren't bad enough, Britt also misrepresented key elements of the story.

She claimed that Jacinto was trafficking by Mexican drug cartels, when in reality she was trafficked by a pimp who worked with a family that preyed on girls. She was also never trafficked into the United States as Britt claimed.

Of course, Republicans never allow the truth to get in the way of their vile narratives. They don't care about real people affected by these issues, they only care about pumping out propaganda that fits their agenda.

This is absolutely despicable. Britt should apologize immediately and resign.

May be an image of 2 people

Forum List

Back