Political Test - an oldie but a goodie

pcgraphpng.php

I do find it rather silly that Libertarian is presented as the opposite of Authoritarian - and yet most Libertarians I come across want more police, more defence and more limits on everything from gay marriage to abortion.

Never met one that wanted more police or more defence. Gay marriage is something created by the government, so it's ridiculous to speak of having "limits" on it as being a restriction on freedom. Some libertarians oppose Abortion. However, most don't.

I do find it rather silly that Libertarian is presented as the opposite of Authoritarian - and yet most Libertarians I come across want more police, more defence and more limits on everything from gay marriage to abortion.

Maybe they're not libertarians, they just pretend to be.

That's probably true.

Indeed...but in the same way that a lot of religious people say one thing but do another, so a lot of people say one thing about their own political views, but do another when they get into power.

I do think it is a very fair criticism of Libertarians and the Tea Party that respect for the freedoms of others have not usually ranked high on their list of priorities if those people are gay or in favour of abortion.

I can't agree with your second paragraph.

Libertarianism is all about freedom for ALL. It does not make any distinctions between gay or straight.

On abortion, of course libertarians are most against it, because it uses force to murder someone.

Me
pcgraphpng.php

Never met one that wanted more police or more defence. Gay marriage is something created by the government, so it's ridiculous to speak of having "limits" on it as being a restriction on freedom. Some libertarians oppose Abortion. However, most don't.

A marriage is created by two people who want to be together.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with government.

I guess black people just aren't normal, so any restrictions on them aren't restrictions on freedom. In fact we're doing them a favor by making them slaves.

Heard it all before.

Nothing could be further from the truth. It has everything to do with the government. In this day and age, marriage is a collection of privileges granted by the government. Uncounted government forms inquire about your marital status. Many government benefits are dependent on your marital status.

I guess black people just aren't normal, so any restrictions on them aren't restrictions on freedom. In fact we're doing them a favor by making them slaves.

Heard it all before.

Gay marriage has nothing to do with racial discrimination. Black people will be the first to tell you that, asshole.

Nothing could be further from the truth. It has everything to do with the government. In this day and age, marriage is a collection of privileges granted by the government. Uncounted government forms inquire about your marital status. Many government benefits are dependent on your marital status.

Really....what a child you are.

If you were about 20 IQ points smarter, you'd be completely humiliated by your own posting.

Really....what a child you are.

If you were about 20 IQ points smarter, you'd be completely humiliated by your own posting.

I'm a child simply because I note the irrefutable facts about marriage?

You like to think of yourself as an intellectual but plenty of the time you come off as little more than a college hooligan trying to attract attention to himself.

BriPat -

No, you're a child because you think two people who fall in love and choose to be together is an issue for the government to mandate - and yet you still claim to be all about freedom and liberty.

Anyone over the age of 10 would see the voice of the goddess hypocrisy screaming in delight from that.

Heard it all before.

Gay marriage has nothing to do with racial discrimination. Black people will be the first to tell you that, asshole.

Ah, an insult, trying to deflect attention.

So some people don't like the idea of gay marriage. So what?

BriPat -

No, you're a child because you think two people who fall in love and choose to be together is an issue for the government to mandate - and yet you still claim to be all about freedom and liberty.

Anyone over the age of 10 would see the voice of the goddess hypocrisy screaming in delight from that.

hmmmm, if the government says gays can marry, then government is mandating it, moron. It's simply mandating it the way you and the homos want rather than the way sensible people want.

Personally, I don't think government should have any laws that even refer to your marital status. But so long as we have such laws on the books, it's ridiculous to define a union of two people who lack the physical equipment for reproduction as being "married."

You like to think of yourself as an intellectual but plenty of the time you come off as little more than a college hooligan trying to attract attention to himself.

If you misuse "facts" then you'll get what you want to get.

Who should decide who gets married and who doesn't then?

Heard it all before.

Ah, an insult, trying to deflect attention.

So some people don't like the idea of gay marriage. So what?

The point is that the arguments used against racial discrimination are not relevant to the campaign for "gay marriage."

If you misuse "facts" then you'll get what you want to get.

Who should decide who gets married and who doesn't then?

In a democracy, I suppose the voters should decide, but I'm an anarchist. Marriage is originally a religious institution, so in the absence of government the churches should decide.

The point is that the arguments used against racial discrimination are not relevant to the campaign for "gay marriage."

Or, the point being that you don't like people using such arguments and you want to shout them down.

Why?

Oh, it hardly takes a genius to realise why.

If black people suffered discrimination, and the form that it often took was people pretending that black people we're really entitled to human rights and freedom, and then you use the same form for gay marriage, what are we supposed to say? Just ignore it because it doesn't suit your agenda or you can't cope with the argument?

Get real.

BriPat -

hmmmm, if the government says gays can marry, then government is mandating it, moron. It's simply mandating it the way you and the homos want rather than the way sensible people want.

Personally, I don't think government should have any laws that even refer to your marital status. But so long as we have such laws on the books, it's ridiculous to define a union of two people who lack the physical equipment for reproduction as being "married."

Ah, so the government is going to force people to enter a gay marriage?

Are you sure?

Or is it that the government is going to let people themselves decide who they want to marry?

Forum List

Back