Politics AND Religion!

apr_tornado_stats_year-1024x515.gif

apr_tornado_stats_state.gif

tornadoes-by-month.gif

Question:

April, 2014: Natural topographical weather phenomenon of a warming ocean meeting a specific land mass on a dynamic planet cruising The Timeline in the wake of a star of no particular notoriety, or an angry God inserting Himself in to politics and expressing his displeasure at The Bible Belt for fucking up the grand Christian vision of the American Founding Fathers with all the damned Conservative Gerrymandering?

:eusa_think: Maybe God's mad at ALL of America for electing Obama and pursuing such Liberal policies and He's just taking it out on the Bible Belt.....

:dunno:
What's up with God and Texas?

`

Maybe that's why God slams Texas in the spring... Sex in a patch of bluebonnets along a lonely stretch of Texas highway is pretty irresistible.

apr_tornado_stats_year-1024x515.gif

apr_tornado_stats_state.gif

tornadoes-by-month.gif

Question:
April, 2014: Natural topographical weather phenomenon of a warming ocean meeting a specific land mass on a dynamic planet cruising The Timeline in the wake of a star of no particular notoriety, or an angry God inserting Himself in to politics and expressing his displeasure at The Bible Belt for fucking up the grand Christian vision of the American Founding Fathers with all the damned Conservative Gerrymandering?

:eusa_think: Maybe God's mad at ALL of America for electing Obama and pursuing such Liberal policies and He's just taking it out on the Bible Belt.....
:dunno:
What's up with God and Texas?
'Muahaha,' Joe?

Maybe God is madder because the elders of his beautiful America are not engaging in Christian introspection as they should.

Did you see the news last night? Documentation has been brought forward that the current administration has been fibbying for a long, long time. Its figurehead says something like "My enemies are all bad and my friends are all good." He is speaking in posse comitatus about his fellow Americans.

God isn't the only one who's mad. I'm tired of a President who views me as his enemy because I have been a Registered Republican since he was studying Islam fundamentals in grade school in a banana republic. :rolleyes:

/Lectio Divinia

Have a nice day, Joe. At least one of us will thataway. :lol:

Maybe that's why God slams Texas in the spring... Sex in a patch of bluebonnets along a lonely stretch of Texas highway is pretty irresistible.

Ooooohm! You could bring in cooties if ya do that! :lol:

(cooties = itchy mites that invade the bedroom)

Tenth generation Texas moms all have one thing in common: Dutch-clean floors! Mites can't stand cleanliness!

'Muahaha,' Joe?

Maybe God is madder because the elders of his beautiful America are not engaging in Christian introspection as they should.

Did you see the news last night? Documentation has been brought forward that the current administration has been fibbying for a long, long time. Its figurehead says something like "My enemies are all bad and my friends are all good." He is speaking in posse comitatus about his fellow Americans.

God isn't the only one who's mad. I'm tired of a President who views me as his enemy because I have been a Registered Republican since he was studying Islam fundamentals in grade school in a banana republic. :rolleyes:

/Lectio Divinia

My point being... I don't think God is involved. I don't think that most reasonable Americans think that God's angry at The Bible Belt either.

I think that April 2014 was just physics.

My real question is, if it turns out that God has no control over tornadoes, earthquakes and hurricanes, and any attempt at 'appeasing' God with a goal of a reduction in dangerous weather phenomenon in mind is a waste of good virgins, why do Monkeys still need God?

`​

The :muahaha: is for mixing politics and religion in one discussion. No disrespect was intended toward those still in shock over April 2014.

I am a Christian who believes in the separation of Church and state.
I also don't believe that any ill-fortune is the result of God's wrath.
Jesus died for all sins - God doesn't have to punish us anymore.

'Muahaha,' Joe?

/Lectio Divinia

My point being... I don't think God is involved. I don't think that most reasonable Americans think that God's angry at The Bible Belt either.

My real question is, if it turns out that God has no control over tornadoes, earthquakes and hurricanes, and any attempt at 'appeasing' God with a goal of a reduction in dangerous weather phenomenon in mind is a waste of good virgins, why do Monkeys still need God?

`​

It sort of depends on how one looks at it. If one believes God is in all things then of course God is not only controlling the tornado, He is the tornado. Many people who believe the first refuse to take it to the second but the second is an unavoidable reality, if one believes the first that is. If one believes God is the Watcher then there is the question of whether or not God is pushing some of the piece of the game around as He pleases. If one believe there is no Godly intervention in tornadoes, either because God does not exist or simply chooses not to act, then the Weather Channel makes for as good a viewing as any other sitcom.

The fundamental question is: Are we going to take control of the tornado? If not then science will say they don't know what causes tornadoes and religious people can offer any random explanation they like and no one is the wiser. If we do then are we simply taking the next step in manipulating our environment or are we wresting control from God? If we do it for tornadoes what's next? The only part I worry about is voter suppression.

'Muahaha,' Joe?

/Lectio Divinia

`​

Any religion that is political in nature, laws, control over non believers shouldn't be permitted to be classified as a religion, Joe. In my opinion.

I believe in the separation of church and state too. What we need is separation of mosque and state. IMO.

I believe in the separation of church and state too. What we need is separation of mosque and state. IMO.

The mistakes in the Middle East and other theocracies should not be repeated here

Last edited:

I disagree with your use of the term "AND." It should be politics is religion.

I must disagree with you. Islam is a religous - political entity according to their book but Christianity is not a political entity according to the Word of God.

Religion has no place in politics.

If you follow 'their' Book to the letter or 'our' Book to the letter neither is better as a political doctrine.

'Muahaha,' Joe?

/Lectio Divinia

`​

It sort of depends on how one looks at it. If one believes God is in all things then of course God is not only controlling the tornado, He is the tornado. Many people who believe the first refuse to take it to the second but the second is an unavoidable reality, if one believes the first that is. If one believes God is the Watcher then there is the question of whether or not God is pushing some of the piece of the game around as He pleases. If one believe there is no Godly intervention in tornadoes, either because God does not exist or simply chooses not to act, then the Weather Channel makes for as good a viewing as any other sitcom.

The fundamental question is: Are we going to take control of the tornado? If not then science will say they don't know what causes tornadoes and religious people can offer any random explanation they like and no one is the wiser. If we do then are we simply taking the next step in manipulating our environment or are we wresting control from God? If we do it for tornadoes what's next? The only part I worry about is voter suppression.

I like the way you're thinking, but... It is possible for science to explain the physics of how tornadoes happen without finding a way to control them. It's not a zero sum game.

I disagree with your use of the term "AND." It should be politics is religion.

I must disagree with you. Islam is a religous - political entity according to their book but Christianity is not a political entity according to the Word of God.

Religion has no place in politics.

If you follow 'their' Book to the letter or 'our' Book to the letter neither is better as a political doctrine.

Your lips to the ears of (insert your preferred Deity here), Brother.

Forum List

Back