Politics AND Religion!

My point being... I don't think God is involved. I don't think that most reasonable Americans think that God's angry at The Bible Belt either.

I think that April 2014 was just physics.

My real question is, if it turns out that God has no control over tornadoes, earthquakes and hurricanes, and any attempt at 'appeasing' God with a goal of a reduction in dangerous weather phenomenon in mind is a waste of good virgins, why do Monkeys still need God?

`​

It sort of depends on how one looks at it. If one believes God is in all things then of course God is not only controlling the tornado, He is the tornado. Many people who believe the first refuse to take it to the second but the second is an unavoidable reality, if one believes the first that is. If one believes God is the Watcher then there is the question of whether or not God is pushing some of the piece of the game around as He pleases. If one believe there is no Godly intervention in tornadoes, either because God does not exist or simply chooses not to act, then the Weather Channel makes for as good a viewing as any other sitcom.

The fundamental question is: Are we going to take control of the tornado? If not then science will say they don't know what causes tornadoes and religious people can offer any random explanation they like and no one is the wiser. If we do then are we simply taking the next step in manipulating our environment or are we wresting control from God? If we do it for tornadoes what's next? The only part I worry about is voter suppression.

I like the way you're thinking, but... It is possible for science to explain the physics of how tornadoes happen without finding a way to control them. It's not a zero sum game.

Tell that to Oppenheimer.

I must disagree with you. Islam is a religous - political entity according to their book but Christianity is not a political entity according to the Word of God.

Religion has no place in politics.

If you follow 'their' Book to the letter or 'our' Book to the letter neither is better as a political doctrine.

Your lips to the ears of (insert your preferred Deity here), Brother.

Yeah, right. Good way to get one's head blown off.

I disagree with your use of the term "AND." It should be politics is religion.

I must disagree with you. Islam is a religous - political entity according to their book but Christianity is not a political entity according to the Word of God.

ROFL that's funny.

It may be funny to you but according to the words of Christ this world is not our home. Governmental politics was not a part of the early church. It should not be a part of it today either. It's disgraceful.

ROFL that's funny.

It may be funny to you but according to the words of Christ this world is not our home. Governmental politics was not a part of the early church. It should not be a part of it today either. It's disgraceful.

A lot of "Christians" like to cherry-pick scripture, really zeroing in on a few and completely ignoring others.

"Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's. Give unto God what is God's."

Jesus made it pretty clear. God isn't interested in political systems or even social justice.
"Slaves, obey your masters."

He is interested in your heart - not your voter ID card.

And the separation of Church & state protects the Church more than it protects the state. Way too many people have allowed politics to bastardize their faith.

ROFL that's funny.

Wait, are we talking about making your church devoid of politics or your government devoid of morals?

ROFL that's funny.

A lot of "Christians" like to cherry-pick scripture, really zeroing in on a few and completely ignoring others.

Jesus made it pretty clear. God isn't interested in political systems or even social justice.

And the separation of Church & state protects the Church more than it protects the state. Way too many people have allowed politics to bastardize their faith.
Lord help me, I agree with nodoginnafight, where did I go wrong?

Lord help me, I agree with nodoginnafight, where did I go wrong?

LOL - it will be our secret.

God has always taught us to clean the inward vessel and sanctify ourselves before Him. When the judgments of the end days come upon us, He will cleanse His house before going to the rest of the world.

Forum List

Back