Politics&Bedfellows...

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
Isn’t it ironic that the most conservative Islamic State has become a bedfellow with Israel? It is because the ME has crossed the Rubicon and populism via Islamism or anti- Western Imperialism is propping up... Israel and all the Western backed dictatorships, kings and Sheiks who are falling as the Arab spring grinds on.

The American Century is setting on ME influence and the two bedfellows are in the danger zone.

Insight: As Obama blinks on Syria, Israel, Saudis make common cause
Israel and Saudi Arabia have little love for each other but both are pressing their mutual friend in the White House to hit President Bashar al-Assad hard. And both do so with one eye fixed firmly not on Syria but on their common adversary - Iran.
Israel's response to Obama's surprise move to delay or even possibly cancel air strikes made clear that connection: looking soft on Assad after accusing him of killing hundreds of people with chemical weapons may embolden his backers in Tehran to develop nuclear arms, Israeli officials said. And if they do, Israel may strike Iran alone, unsure Washington can be trusted.

Last edited:
Isn’t it ironic that the most conservative Islamic State has become a bedfellow with Israel? It is because the ME has crossed the Rubicon and populism via Islamism or anti- Western Imperialism is propping up... Israel and all the Western backed dictatorships, kings and Sheiks who are falling as the Arab spring grinds on.

The American Century is setting on ME influence and the two bedfellows are in the danger zone.

Israel and Saudi Arabia have little love for each other but both are pressing their mutual friend in the White House to hit President Bashar al-Assad hard. And both do so with one eye fixed firmly not on Syria but on their common adversary - Iran.
Israel's response to Obama's surprise move to delay or even possibly cancel air strikes made clear that connection: looking soft on Assad after accusing him of killing hundreds of people with chemical weapons may embolden his backers in Tehran to develop nuclear arms, Israeli officials said. And if they do, Israel may strike Iran alone, unsure Washington can be trusted.
Point? Most of the Sunni world feels threatened by Shiite Iran's expansionist ambitions. The Saudis first because Iran will try to topple the Saudi Royals once it gets a nuclear weapon, to gain control of Mecca and Medina, the big prize in Islam.

Iran is already sponsoring terrorists in countries neighboring Saudi Arabia, like Yemen, and Saudi jet fighters have struck at targets there.

In the event of a strike in Iran, it's possible the Saudis might give Israelis or Americans access to their air space and air bases as well. Keep up.

Point? Most of the Sunni world feels threatened by Shiite Iran's expansionist ambitions. The Saudis first because Iran will try to topple the Saudi Royals once it gets a nuclear weapon, to gain control of Mecca and Medina, the big prize in Islam.

Iran is already sponsoring terrorists in countries neighboring Saudi Arabia, like Yemen, and Saudi jet fighters have struck at targets there.

In the event of a strike in Iran, it's possible the Saudis might give Israelis or Americans access to their air space and air bases as well. Keep up.

How can you doubt that Israel and Saudi Arabia are fighting both Iran and the Arab Spring? Populism is on the rise in the ME...eventually all these authoritarian regimes will fall along with Western Influence and military interventions by the West...

The point? It's getting too expensive even for America, that's why Obama wants Congressional approval; he wants to share the blame and get the Congress to pay for it with new funding. If Congress does not agree, it will be another nail in our coffin of influence in the coming years.

Your point being...

How can you doubt that Israel and Saudi Arabia are fighting both Iran and the Arab Spring? Populism is on the rise in the ME...eventually all these authoritarian regimes will fall along with Western Influence and military interventions by the West...

The point? It's getting too expensive even for America, that's why Obama wants Congressional approval; he wants to share the blame and get the Congress to pay for it with new funding. If Congress does not agree, it will be another nail in our coffin of influence in the coming years.
"Arab Spring"?

Anybody who's been keeping up, would have concluded by now that nothing good is going to be coming out of this so called Arab Spring. There will be years and decades of civil and internal sectarian wars, and the West will be sitting pretty by the time it's all over.

History has a way of repeating itself, and in the Middle East, it's been doing just that.

"Arab Spring"?

Anybody who's been keeping up, would have concluded by now that nothing good is going to be coming out of this so called Arab Spring. There will be years and decades of civil and internal sectarian wars, and the West will be sitting pretty by the time it's all over.

History has a way of repeating itself, and in the Middle East, it's been doing just that.

Certainly nothing good is in the bag for Israel or America in the long-run...Arab Populism is anti-Imperialistic. History is repeating the Revolutions of 1848 in Europe when Nationalism via Populism threw off the yoke of foreign control...As in 1848 populist revolutions failed in many States but within a decade regrouped and ruled.

The Arab Spring like the Spring of Nations in 1848 will be a long-term affair and Democracies albeit hostile to Western Imperialism will control.

Last edited:

"Arab Spring"?

Certainly nothing good is in the bag for Israel or America in the long-run...Arab Populism is anti-Imperialistic. History is repeating the Revolutions of 1848 in Europe when Nationalism via Populism threw off the yoke of foreign control...As in 1848 populist revolutions failed in many States but within a decade regrouped and ruled.

The Arab Spring like the Spring of Nations in 1848 will be a long-term affair and Democracies albeit hostile to Western Imperialism will control.
Apples and Oranges. There has never been an Arab Democracy. And never will be. Islam and Shariah law are incompatible with Democracy. Each if these secular dictatorships that fall, have been replaced by Islamist Neanderthals, who are basically promoters of Islamic imperialism and oppression of the masses. The only country that has avoided that calamity is Egypt and that's because the military is like a separate branch of the govt. And even then, there will be a civil and sectarian war for years to come. If Assad falls there will no longer be a Syria as we know today, the country will be divided into many autonomous states.

In the end most of these countries will digress into wars and strife with collapsed economies for decades to come. While Israel and the West steam ahead into the future. :clap:

"Arab Spring"?

What do you base your first statement on ?

"Arab Spring"?

Apples and Oranges. There has never been an Arab Democracy. And never will be. Islam and Shariah law are incompatible with Democracy. Each if these secular dictatorships that fall, have been replaced by Islamist Neanderthals, who are basically promoters of Islamic imperialism and oppression of the masses. The only country that has avoided that calamity is Egypt and that's because the military is like a separate branch of the govt. And even then, there will be a civil and sectarian war for years to come. If Assad falls there will no longer be a Syria as we know today, the country will be divided into many autonomous states.

In the end most of these countries will digress into wars and strife with collapsed economies for decades to come. While Israel and the West steam ahead into the future. :clap:

The only reason Israel is talking to the Palestinians is because of the uncertainty inherent in the coming revolutions.

Actually Pbel, YOU have no idea why Israel is talking to the Palestinians.
You have NO idea what is being discussed behind closed doors with the Israeli government and the Palestinian 'government'.

You have NO idea what is being discussed behind closed doors with the Israeli government and the Palestinian 'government'.

I think Israel and the Palestinians are talking because both of their arms were twisted by America.

Actually Toastman, Politics is a fairly predictable social science. All governments and nations do things for their self interest and preservation.

Do you have any ideas?

Actually Toastman, Politics is a fairly predictable social science. All governments and nations do things for their self interest and preservation.

Do you have any ideas?

Did I make the claim that I did. No. You did. You do it a lot. Just like your other post claiming that ISrael and the U.S;s future isn;t good. That's such baloney.

Do you have any ideas?

Did I make the claim that I did. No. You did. You do it a lot. Just like your other post claiming that ISrael and the U.S;s future isn;t good. That's such baloney.
I think Israel's near future will be fine as long as the US military umbrella is there...The question of a distant future is not assured because Israel was re-created by the Western Powers in a sea of Islam.

However, I do believe that if Israel signed an Arab League peace and actually traded and inspired an economic revitalization in the ME, she would be accepted by the masses...

Look at America Germany and Japan, all bitter enemies dis-armed by prosperity.

this isn't new. example- Hussein ( King of Jordan) told Golda Mier in 73, 3 weeks before, that Egypt and Syria were going to attack and start the yom kippur war.

The Sauds would stomp their feet in public, but be jubilant even if the 'jews' used their air space to attack and destroy Irans nuclear facilities....

I bet Netanyahu feels exactly about us, as Nasser or Sadat did vis a vis Assad senior, even though they were against or 'for' the same thing, they didn't trust each other, at all. :lol:

bingo....

et al,

Which people of which Arab community has benefited from the Arab Spring?

What was the benefit?

v/r
R
All Arab Communities will benefit in the end...the price for freedom has always been paid with blood.

Do you have any ideas?

I think Israel's near future will be fine as long as the US military umbrella is there...The question of a distant future is not assured because Israel was re-created by the Western Powers in a sea of Islam.

However, I do believe that if Israel signed an Arab League peace and actually traded and inspired an economic revitalization in the ME, she would be accepted by the masses...

Look at America Germany and Japan, all bitter enemies dis-armed by prosperity.

Name me a potential scenario in which Israel would fall without U.S support

Forum List

Back