Politifact: Claim that Biden's Keystone pipeline order drove gas prices up is rated "FALSE""

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
The independent Pulitzer winning website notes that the pipeline wasn't even operational, despite the fake news spread by Facebook right winger Ted Nugent.
Facebook flagged the fake news too.
The good news is that if you like fake news, the false claim is widely available in USMB, where right wing nicknames gladly copy and paste what Ted Nugent types.
3b3162a610bc8b3cbeaa2f750c7b6868.jpg
7cf81e6f294db8af7f47a3cb47f42fc2.jpg

Facebook posts
stated on March 7, 2021 in a Facebook post:
Says Joe Biden executive orders caused price increases of 50 cents in gas and 10% in food.
true
false

President Joe Biden signs his first executive order in the Oval Office of the White House on Jan. 20, 2021, in Washington. (AP)
President Joe Biden signs his first executive order in the Oval Office of the White House on Jan. 20, 2021, in Washington. (AP)

Tom Kertscher
By Tom KertscherMarch 10, 2021
No, the price of gas isn’t up 50 cents, price of food isn’t up 10% under Biden
IF YOUR TIME IS SHORT
  • The average price of gas is about 34 cents per gallon higher since Biden took office.
  • Experts say Biden’s orders on the Keystone pipeline and oil and gas leasing might affect future gas prices, but have no effect on current prices.
  • Grocery store prices are 3.5% higher than they were one year ago and have risen less than 1% in 2021.
See the sources for this fact-check

Are President Joe Biden’s executive orders so powerful that, in the less than two months he’s held office, they have spiked the price of gasoline by 50 cents and the price of food by 10%?
That’s the claim of a post widely shared by musician Ted Nugent and others on Facebook.
It says: "When executive orders cause gas to go up 50 cents a gallon and food costs to increase 10%, you just taxed the middle class."

The post was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. (Read more about our partnership with Facebook.)
Biden began issuing executive orders on Jan. 20, the day of his inauguration. The claim we’re checking was posted March 7. Let’s see what’s happened in between.
Gas up 34 cents; orders not a factor
Since bottoming out at $1.87 a gallon in late April 2020, gas prices have mostly been going up. The bulk of the increase came under President Donald Trump, with prices continuing to rise under Biden.
Nationally, the average price of a gallon of gas was $2.46 on Jan. 18, the final weekly tally before Biden took office. It rose to $2.80 on March 1, the latest weekly tally before the Facebook post, according to the U.S. Energy Administration. That’s an increase of 34 cents under Biden.
The prices were similar at GasBuddy.com: $2.41 on Jan. 19 and $2.77 on March 7 — an increase of 36 cents.
FEATURED FACT-CHECK
8ef1f10571f92f0da1a0b9bebbad2816.jpg
96b6b7abb296ff4667ad648bb5f1b748.jpg

Viral image
stated on February 10, 2021 in a Facebook post
Says Gorilla Glue tweeted, “Do not use our products on your f------ hair.”
true
false

By Ciara O'Rourke • February 10, 2021
Some critics have said that Biden’s cancellation of the Keystone XL pipeline with one executive order would quickly result in higher gasoline prices. But we previously found that, for several reasons, that’s not the case. For starters, the pipeline wasn’t operating yet, so canceling it didn’t change the balance of supply and demand.
In the same executive order, Biden placed a moratorium on oil and gas leasing in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. But Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis for GasBuddy.com, said that action has not affected current gas prices either, because current oil supplies are not affected. The order could, however, have an impact on gas prices in a few years, he said.
In general, a president has limited control over the weekly and monthly shifts in gasoline prices. Gas prices depend mostly on global supply and demand.
The OPEC oil cartel and Russia have made voluntary production cuts, which has the effect of raising prices. A greater impact has been made on prices by demand, as a result of the slow but steady economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic.

Wait, are you telling me the oil market is a global commodity that is highly interconnected and that the President of 1 country doesn't pull a daily lever to set the oil prices after he puts his slippers on in the morning?

Yeah, okay dude, hahahaha. Next you'll be saying Biden won the fraudulent election. XD Sad!

The independent Pulitzer winning website notes that the pipeline wasn't even operational, despite the fake news spread by Facebook right winger Ted Nugent.
Facebook flagged the fake news too.
The good news is that if you like fake news, the false claim is widely available in USMB, where right wing nicknames gladly copy and paste what Ted Nugent types.
3b3162a610bc8b3cbeaa2f750c7b6868.jpg
7cf81e6f294db8af7f47a3cb47f42fc2.jpg

Facebook posts
stated on March 7, 2021 in a Facebook post:
Says Joe Biden executive orders caused price increases of 50 cents in gas and 10% in food.
true
false

Tom Kertscher
By Tom KertscherMarch 10, 2021
No, the price of gas isn’t up 50 cents, price of food isn’t up 10% under Biden
IF YOUR TIME IS SHORT
  • The average price of gas is about 34 cents per gallon higher since Biden took office.
  • Experts say Biden’s orders on the Keystone pipeline and oil and gas leasing might affect future gas prices, but have no effect on current prices.
  • Grocery store prices are 3.5% higher than they were one year ago and have risen less than 1% in 2021.
See the sources for this fact-check

Are President Joe Biden’s executive orders so powerful that, in the less than two months he’s held office, they have spiked the price of gasoline by 50 cents and the price of food by 10%?
That’s the claim of a post widely shared by musician Ted Nugent and others on Facebook.
It says: "When executive orders cause gas to go up 50 cents a gallon and food costs to increase 10%, you just taxed the middle class."

The post was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. (Read more about our partnership with Facebook.)
Biden began issuing executive orders on Jan. 20, the day of his inauguration. The claim we’re checking was posted March 7. Let’s see what’s happened in between.
Gas up 34 cents; orders not a factor
Since bottoming out at $1.87 a gallon in late April 2020, gas prices have mostly been going up. The bulk of the increase came under President Donald Trump, with prices continuing to rise under Biden.
Nationally, the average price of a gallon of gas was $2.46 on Jan. 18, the final weekly tally before Biden took office. It rose to $2.80 on March 1, the latest weekly tally before the Facebook post, according to the U.S. Energy Administration. That’s an increase of 34 cents under Biden.
The prices were similar at GasBuddy.com: $2.41 on Jan. 19 and $2.77 on March 7 — an increase of 36 cents.
FEATURED FACT-CHECK
8ef1f10571f92f0da1a0b9bebbad2816.jpg
96b6b7abb296ff4667ad648bb5f1b748.jpg

Viral image
stated on February 10, 2021 in a Facebook post
Says Gorilla Glue tweeted, “Do not use our products on your f------ hair.”
true
false

By Ciara O'Rourke • February 10, 2021
Some critics have said that Biden’s cancellation of the Keystone XL pipeline with one executive order would quickly result in higher gasoline prices. But we previously found that, for several reasons, that’s not the case. For starters, the pipeline wasn’t operating yet, so canceling it didn’t change the balance of supply and demand.
In the same executive order, Biden placed a moratorium on oil and gas leasing in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. But Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis for GasBuddy.com, said that action has not affected current gas prices either, because current oil supplies are not affected. The order could, however, have an impact on gas prices in a few years, he said.
In general, a president has limited control over the weekly and monthly shifts in gasoline prices. Gas prices depend mostly on global supply and demand.
The OPEC oil cartel and Russia have made voluntary production cuts, which has the effect of raising prices. A greater impact has been made on prices by demand, as a result of the slow but steady economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic.

Maybe you should refer to this before you believe anything politfact says.

PolitiFact.com is an American nonprofit project operated by the Poynter Institute

The Poynter Institute receives broad support from a variety of sources. Here is an alphabetical list of our funders, including all foundations, corporations, partners and individuals that gave the Poynter Institute more than $50,000 for 2020 or 2021. This list was last updated in February 2021.

Funders
Charles Koch Foundation

Democracy Fund

Environmental Defense Fund

Facebook

Foundation to Promote Open Society(George Soros)

Gill Foundation

Google News Initiative

Institute for War and Peace Reporting

John S. and James L. Knight Foundation

Lumina Foundation

MacArthur Foundation

Miami Foundation

National Endowment for Democracy

Newmark Philanthropies

Newton & Rochelle Becker Charitable Trust

Omidyar Network | Luminate

Rita Allen Foundation

Robert R. McCormick Foundation

Also see:

And I would suggest looking into all those companies that fund this purveyor of propaganda.

So wait, wait, wait. Let me get this straight. These motherfuckers on this forum post GatewayPundit and ImARetardConservative.com articles left and right and you're cool. But when a well-respected poster puts up a Politifact article you have to *checks notes*

Take 20 minutes to look up every donor to the website and show it to all of us.

So wait, wait, wait. Let me get this straight. These motherfuckers on this forum post GatewayPundit and ImARetardConservative.com articles left and right and you're cool. But when a well-respected poster puts up a Politifact article you have to *checks notes*

I take it you don't like it when you confronted with facts. That is ok, because most people don't and choose to go through the world blindly. Don't you believe in doing your own research on matters?

The GatewayPundit isn't funded by any of these big corporations or the Cabal for the matter.

The Gateway Pundit is 100% owned by Jim Hoft, with no outside investors, grants, or funding. TGP is funded by paid advertising in order to provide a free news source for our readers.

Wait, are you telling me the oil market is a global commodity that is highly interconnected and that the President of 1 country doesn't pull a daily lever to set the oil prices after he puts his slippers on in the morning?

Yeah, okay dude, hahahaha. Next you'll be saying Biden won the fraudulent election. XD Sad!
Wait you telling us a anti fracking, anti drilling, anti pipeline, pro green president goal is not to make gas prices high?

Wait you telling us a anti fracking, anti drilling, anti pipeline, pro green president goal is not to make gas prices high?
"Wait are you telling us that if everyone were pro green and driving Teslas gas would be cheaper!? Durrhurr I'm a dumbass!"

I take it you don't like it when you confronted with facts. That is ok, because most people don't and choose to go through the world blindly. Don't you believe in doing your own research on matters?

The GatewayPundit isn't funded by any of these big corporations or the Cabal for the matter.

The Gateway Pundit is 100% owned by Jim Hoft, with no outside investors, grants, or funding. TGP is funded by paid advertising in order to provide a free news source for our readers.
Free propaganda.

The Gateway Pundit was founded prior to the 2004 United States presidential election, according to its founder, Jim Hoft, to "speak the truth" and to "expose the wickedness of the left."
In 2016, it provided favorable coverage of Donald Trump's presidential campaign and, after Trump's election, was granted press credentials by the White House.

The Gateway Pundit, and Daily Stormer, are routinely sued by victims of these published reports for libel and defamation."
As a result of a number of lawsuits against The Gateway Pundit over its false stories, it was reported in March 2018 that Jim Hoft had told his writers to be more careful: "I don't want any more lawsuits so we have to be really careful with what we put up."
Hoft stated that he believes the lawsuits "are part of a multi-pronged effort to attack media outlets on the right."
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › The_Gateway_Pundit

May as well get your 'facts" from thethe Onion.

"Wait are you telling us that if everyone were pro green and driving Teslas gas would be cheaper!? Durrhurr I'm a dumbass!"
? You drinking

I find it interesting that one of the funders of Politifact Charles Koch Foundation is heavily invested in gas and oil.

Fred C. Koch who own the majority of Koch Industries, an oil, gas, paper, and chemical conglomerate which is the US's second-largest privately held company.

Yes, I know who the billionaire conservative Koch brothers are. Which is why I found it so odd that you were showing me a list of donors that included them to try to show me that Politifact was a liberal agenda.

...Are you feeling okay?

Free propaganda.

The Gateway Pundit was founded prior to the 2004 United States presidential election, according to its founder, Jim Hoft, to "speak the truth" and to "expose the wickedness of the left."
In 2016, it provided favorable coverage of Donald Trump's presidential campaign and, after Trump's election, was granted press credentials by the White House.

The Gateway Pundit, and Daily Stormer, are routinely sued by victims of these published reports for libel and defamation."
As a result of a number of lawsuits against The Gateway Pundit over its false stories, it was reported in March 2018 that Jim Hoft had told his writers to be more careful: "I don't want any more lawsuits so we have to be really careful with what we put up."
Hoft stated that he believes the lawsuits "are part of a multi-pronged effort to attack media outlets on the right."
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › The_Gateway_Pundit

May as well get your 'facts" from thethe Onion.

The Cabal always tries to take the little guys out that tell the truth. And they will try to tarnish their reputations and kill their characters not to mention try to bankrupt their companies. That is nothing new. If you are not part of the Cabal, you have to fight to stay alive because they will take you out if you go against their agenda and propaganda. Look what happened to JFK and they literally took him out.

Yes, I know who the billionaire conservative Koch brothers are. Which is why I found it so odd that you were showing me a list of donors that included them to try to show me that Politifact was a liberal agenda.

...Are you feeling okay?

At the top they don't fight over liberal and conservative like the slaves are supposed to do. That is another way to control people by keeping them fighting. It is all about money and control at the top.

Really?
The pipeline isn't even in use.
Just because Biden stopped permits for new drilling and fracking on FEDERAL lands, they are still drilling and fracking with their existing permits.
What about state land permits?
What about private land permits?
NOTHING preventing oil companies from getting those permits.
After getting a permit to drill or frack, it takes months for oil to come out of the ground.
Biden has nothing to do with today's oil prices.
COULD be the 3 Texas refineries that were shut down by the cold snap they had.

...No Cabal, bro. Just us normal people who don't get our news from Trump's daily newsletter emails.

I have been researching these things long before Trump. You just have seemed to base your whole reality off of Trump. Maybe you should try reading a book for once and learn who really controls the world. Anyone you don't agree with you, you have been programmed by the MSM to call them Trumpest. It's ok, you are not the only one in this world that falls for propaganda and mind control. Now is your chance to change that and start learning. Or you could go on the rest of your life being a defenseless sheeple. The choice is always yours.

Really?
The pipeline isn't even in use.
Just because Biden stopped permits for new drilling and fracking on FEDERAL lands, they are still drilling and fracking with their existing permits.
What about state land permits?
What about private land permits?
NOTHING preventing oil companies from getting those permits.
After getting a permit to drill or frack, it takes months for oil to come out of the ground.
Biden has nothing to do with today's oil prices.
COULD be the 3 Texas refineries that were shut down by the cold snap they had.

Seriously dude, I could care less, but the premise is how in the world could a pro green president want cheap oil prices?

...Are you feeling okay?

At the top they don't fight over liberal and conservative like the slaves are supposed to do. That is another way to control people by keeping them fighting. It is all about money and control at the top.
Ohhh okay. So you put George Soros (billionaire liberal) in bold for all of us, but ignored the Koch brothers (billionaire conservatives) from being bolded in your post. And now you're going to backstep a couple times and say they're all the same and you hate them all. Oh did I say backstep, I meant bitchstep.

Forum List

Back