Poll: 63% expect Trump reelection, up from 43%

A growing number of Americans, now a substantial majority, believe that President Trump is at least “somewhat likely” to win reelection, according to a new survey.
Despite nonstop negative headlines and concerns of an economic stall, 63% believe Trump is heading to reelection in Scott Rasmussen’s latest 2020 poll.

ME: I have known this for a while. Trump will win,. Many stories using many models predict this.
Meanwhile outside of Rasmussen's fantasy world all the other polls show tRump's "popularity" approaching negative values.

A growing number of Americans, now a substantial majority, believe that President Trump is at least “somewhat likely” to win reelection, according to a new survey.
Despite nonstop negative headlines and concerns of an economic stall, 63% believe Trump is heading to reelection in Scott Rasmussen’s latest 2020 poll.

ME: I have known this for a while. Trump will win,. Many stories using many models predict this.
I'm a Dem but you can put me in that 63%.

Ive always been a Democrat and Im voting for Trump, I dont even recognize the Democrats anymore

Trump is so far behind in the polls, it reminds me of 2016

we've got em right where we want em, friends!

Its the same people that keep telling us we are going in a recession, the only thing that will hurt the market is the rest of the worlds recession

....He went bankrupt several times.......

He never went bankrupt. He used bankruptcy laws as a tool the way many corporations do.

If you think Democrats and their trillions of dollars in green spending are less scary than Trump then you are a hypocrite. If the national debt is your worry, then you better hope that Democrats never win.

Ive always been a Democrat and Im voting for Trump, I dont even recognize the Democrats anymore
I may not want to vote for the eventual Dem candidate but I'm sure I'll want to vote against Trump.

....He went bankrupt several times.......

He never went bankrupt. He used bankruptcy laws as a tool the way many corporations do.

If you think Democrats and their trillions of dollars in green spending are less scary than Trump then you are a hypocrite. If the national debt is your worry, then you better hope that Democrats never win.
Semantics. A bunch of his companies declared bankruptcy and each time investors got screwed. Even the Lanisters paid their debts.

There is good debt and bad debt. If we built infrastructure with that debt, I'd have no problem. But to borrow money only to hand it out to corporations and the wealthy, both doing just fine by the way? That is bad debt. Why did he do it? He can't see past the next election.

Oh give me a fucking break. Rasmussen is Trump's personal polling service. They are to Trump like Fox is to Trump. Like The Enquirer is to Trump. Like Hannity is to Trump. Up his colon so far they'll need to be surgically removed.
Gettin' it yet?

Oh give me a fucking break

Nobody asked you to enter the thread.

Rasmussen is Trump's personal polling service

And you are your pimp's personal sock. Now shaddup.

This is fact:

The question is, why?

I fear what I see he has done and will continue to do as president. The lies I don't believe but vehemently resent, are the lies he tells.

Best jobs numbers in 50 years.
Booming economy.
Wiped out ISIS
Opened door to N Korea

I am sorry. What has he done thats so bad.

What lies.

I want you to tell me ONE SPECIFIC thing he has done - just one - that scares you and allow me to answer it. Just one please, for now.
I'm a Keynesian so Trump running up the deficit when the economy is strong is scary.
That is literally what a Keynesian does.

Think about what happens if Trump loses........

I'd rather not.

If he lost, I would isolate myself from all media except for a select few outlets like Rush, and literally close my eyes for 4 years. That would be the only way to keep my sanity. Maybe I would take up camping or something. After that I would emerge and campaign for the GOP candidate.
You should be doing that anyway.

Republicans winning only barely delays the inevitable, if that.

Pretty soon we will have to stop thinking of elections in merely terms of a ballot.

Really! Fascinating.
Evidently Alang is a rare rational - or just less loony - Democrat.
Here's another who is on his way to Mexico City to beg for money because he's concerned about 2020:

DNC Chief: ‘Our nominee won't stand a chance against Trump’
“These numbers are daunting." He added: “Our eventual nominee won't stand a chance against Trump and the GOP's fundraising machine unless we start making strategic, early investments right now.”

I'm a Keynesian so Trump running up the deficit when the economy is strong is scary.
That is literally what a Keynesian does.
That is exactly not how I understand it:

Keynes said capitalism is a good economic system. In a capitalist system, people earn money from their work. Businesses employ and pay people to work. Then people can spend their money on things they want. Other people work and make things to buy. Sometimes the capitalist system has problems. People lose their work. Businesses close. People cannot work and cannot spend money. Keynes said the government should step in and help people who do not have work.

This idea is called "demand-side policy". If people are working, the economy is good. If people are not working, the economy is bad.

Keynes said when the economy is bad, people want to save their money. That is, they do not spend their money on, or invest in, things they want. As a result, there is less economic activity.

Keynes said the government should spend more money when people do not have work. The government can borrow money and give people jobs (work). Then people can spend money again and buy things. This helps other people find work.​

Really! Fascinating.
Here's another who is on his way to Mexico City to beg for money because he's concerned about 2020:

“These numbers are daunting." He added: “Our eventual nominee won't stand a chance against Trump and the GOP's fundraising machine unless we start making strategic, early investments right now.”
Don't give me too much credit. I don't want Trump to win, I just got tired of underestimating him.

Really! Fascinating.

Don't give me too much credit. I don't want Trump to win, I just got tired of underestimating him.
There is nothing wrong with rational thought - I wish it wasn't so rare among Democrats - and you should celebrate of your lucid moment ... you may never have another.

There is nothing wrong with rational thought - I wish it wasn't so rare among Democrats - and you should celebrate of your lucid moment ... you may never have another.
Sorry to say, it's been my experience there is no more rational thought on the right than there is on the left. Alas, people are people.

Sorry to say, it's been my experience there is no more rational thought on the right than there is on the left. Alas, people are people.
Perhaps you have been hanging out with the wrong people.
I don't tend to hang with real right-wingers, nothing wrong with them so long as they don't wave Nazi flags, I just don't engage politically with them in the real world very often. Mostly I meet them here on USMB and truthfully I've not been overwhelmed by either side. Each side has both thoughtful and thoughtless posters.

Forum List

Back