Poll: Americans Want Obama to Negotiate

The President of the United States does not negotiate with terrorists.

Really! I thought he tried to meet with the leader of Iran and, after five turn downs to meet at the UN, he finally got to talk to him in the phone. Iran is the major sponsor of terrorists in the middle east. That would the Islamist terrorist that want all non-muslims to convert or die.

So, Obama does negotiate with terrorists.

Really! I thought he tried to meet with the leader of Iran and, after five turn downs to meet at the UN, he finally got to talk to him in the phone. Iran is the major sponsor of terrorists in the middle east. That would the Islamist terrorist that want all non-muslims to convert or die.

Are all your phone calls negotiations?

Could that possibly be because Americans are idiots who don't understand what the fuck the debt ceiling even is?

Most of the people right on this forum who claim they're in favor of freezing the debt ceiling can't tell you how and where they would make the cuts in spending to accomplish that.

That is correct, but some of them can and have on this forum.

A debt ceiling freeze requires about a third of current government spending be stopped, because revenues are only covering about 2/3rds.

I have never seen anyone propose a plan for a 1/3rd cut in federal spending that even a majority of Republicans would support.

He is willing to negotiate the terms of the CR. I don't know what the ACA has to do with it.

I don't know what the ACA has to do with it.

its a tax

all bills raising revenue will originate in the house of representatives

thats why

The ACA is not a bill.

It is a LAW.

Here..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFroMQlKiag]Schoolhouse Rock: America - I'm Just a Bill Music Video - YouTube[/ame]

It is a TAX law, administered by the IRS and is subject to revision or cancellation by the Congress.

October 3 2013~
Let the nay saying begin!

"A majority of Americans want President Obama to negotiate with Congress over the debt ceiling, and nearly two-thirds oppose raising the debt without significant spending reforms attached, according to a recent poll from Ending Spending and the American Action Forum.

House Speaker John Boehner (R., Ohio) said Wednesday following a meeting at the White House that the president had ”reiterated one more time tonight that he will not negotiate.” Obama and most Democrats favor a “clean” debt-ceiling hike without spending reforms attached. Meanwhile, House GOP leaders are said to be working on a larger budget deal to end the government and raise the debt ceiling with reforms."

Poll: Americans Want Obama to Negotiate | National Review Online

KEY FINDINGS
1. AN OPPORTUNITY: Obama is badly bruised. The President's numbers aren't strong, with an underwater approval rating (43% approve, 49% disapprove), and a generic congressional ballot that has Republicans ahead by 4 points (40% GOP, 36%DEM)

Just read the rest yourself:

http://www.endingspending.com/docs/debtceilingpoll.pdf

The National Review? Really?

The people that brought you the Iraq War?

OK conservatives...Let's negotiate

What do you want Obama to give up and what are you willing to give up?

drop the individual mandate

he can keep the exchange

How do you assure us that the Republican radicals in the House won't simply continue to pull this shutdown scheme until they get rid of Obamacare,

which is their real agenda?

Are all your phone calls negotiations?

Obama's call to the Iranian President was more like giving him something for nothing. That is not negotiating so I stand corrected. He will try to negotiate the next time if his call is accepted.

October 3 2013~
Let the nay saying begin!

"A majority of Americans want President Obama to negotiate with Congress over the debt ceiling, and nearly two-thirds oppose raising the debt without significant spending reforms attached, according to a recent poll from Ending Spending and the American Action Forum.

House Speaker John Boehner (R., Ohio) said Wednesday following a meeting at the White House that the president had ”reiterated one more time tonight that he will not negotiate.” Obama and most Democrats favor a “clean” debt-ceiling hike without spending reforms attached. Meanwhile, House GOP leaders are said to be working on a larger budget deal to end the government and raise the debt ceiling with reforms."

Poll: Americans Want Obama to Negotiate | National Review Online

KEY FINDINGS
1. AN OPPORTUNITY: Obama is badly bruised. The President's numbers aren't strong, with an underwater approval rating (43% approve, 49% disapprove), and a generic congressional ballot that has Republicans ahead by 4 points (40% GOP, 36%DEM)

Just read the rest yourself:

http://www.endingspending.com/docs/debtceilingpoll.pdf

The National Review? Really?

The people that brought you the Iraq War?

The people who brought you the Iraq War was a magazine?

And all this time I thought it was the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 signed by Clinton and Bush, Congressional approval and the UN that did it.

Most of the people right on this forum who claim they're in favor of freezing the debt ceiling can't tell you how and where they would make the cuts in spending to accomplish that.

That is correct, but some of them can and have on this forum.

A debt ceiling freeze requires about a third of current government spending be stopped, because revenues are only covering about 2/3rds.

I have never seen anyone propose a plan for a 1/3rd cut in federal spending that even a majority of Republicans would support.

All I have seen from Democrats is raise taxes. Relaxation or elimination of unneeded regulations and lowering the corporate tax rate would stimulate growth and increase revenue.
Eliminating some bloated government agencies would cut spending. A balanced budget Amendment would help if the Senate ever passes one. Putting Harry Reid in jail for illegally not allowing the Senate to pass a budget would do more good than anything I can think of.

He is willing to negotiate the terms of the CR. I don't know what the ACA has to do with it.

its a tax

thats why

The ACA is not a bill.

It is a LAW.

Here..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFroMQlKiag]Schoolhouse Rock: America - I'm Just a Bill Music Video - YouTube[/ame]
He didn't say it was a bill. It's the law. And SCOTUS ruled it was a tax.

And in what house must spending bills originate?

its a tax

thats why

The ACA is not a bill.

It is a LAW.

Here..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFroMQlKiag"]Schoolhouse Rock: America - I'm Just a Bill Music Video - YouTube[/ame]
He didn't say it was a bill. It's the law. And SCOTUS ruled it was a tax.

And in what house must spending bills originate?
He might want to consult Article 1...but I guess cartoons are more his speed...:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back