Poll: Americans Want Obama to Negotiate

He is willing to negotiate the terms of the CR. I don't know what the ACA has to do with it.

I don't know what the ACA has to do with it.

its a tax

all bills raising revenue will originate in the house of representatives

thats why

October 3 2013~
Let the nay saying begin!

"A majority of Americans want President Obama to negotiate with Congress over the debt ceiling, and nearly two-thirds oppose raising the debt without significant spending reforms attached, according to a recent poll from Ending Spending and the American Action Forum.

House Speaker John Boehner (R., Ohio) said Wednesday following a meeting at the White House that the president had ”reiterated one more time tonight that he will not negotiate.” Obama and most Democrats favor a “clean” debt-ceiling hike without spending reforms attached. Meanwhile, House GOP leaders are said to be working on a larger budget deal to end the government and raise the debt ceiling with reforms."

Poll: Americans Want Obama to Negotiate | National Review Online

KEY FINDINGS
1. AN OPPORTUNITY: Obama is badly bruised. The President's numbers aren't strong, with an underwater approval rating (43% approve, 49% disapprove), and a generic congressional ballot that has Republicans ahead by 4 points (40% GOP, 36%DEM)

Just read the rest yourself:

http://www.endingspending.com/docs/debtceilingpoll.pdf

Your link is broken, please fix it.
They both work fine.

worked fine for me too

He is willing to negotiate the terms of the CR. I don't know what the ACA has to do with it.

its a tax

thats why

The ACA is not a bill.

It is a LAW.

Here..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFroMQlKiag]Schoolhouse Rock: America - I'm Just a Bill Music Video - YouTube[/ame]

there should be no negotiating over the debt ceiling and there WILL BE NO negotiating over the debt ceiling.

politics by threats & extortion needs to end.

its a tax

thats why

The ACA is not a bill.

It is a LAW.

Here..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFroMQlKiag]Schoolhouse Rock: America - I'm Just a Bill Music Video - YouTube[/ame]

the issue is about raising revenues for current law

are you seriously trying to the the folks on the thread

that the issue before the house and senate and the CR is not a bill

really

--LOL

and that this bill is not about raising revenues for this upcoming year

really

--LOL

OK conservatives...Let's negotiate

What do you want Obama to give up and what are you willing to give up?

ok...fine.

Conservatives will accept ObamaCare....and Democrats will accept a one year, one time only postponement on the individual mandate.

one year, that's it. It goes active, no questions asked, on October 1st, 2014.

is it a deal?

House GOP leaders are said to be working on a larger budget deal to end the government and raise the debt ceiling with reforms."

... with reforms.

Primarily to avoid raising taxes on their wealthy contributors and corporate special interests.

let the poor eat cake.

ok...fine.

Conservatives will accept ObamaCare....and Democrats will accept a one year, one time only postponement on the individual mandate.

is it a deal?

why wait until 2014

drop the mandate

why wait until 2014

drop the mandate

without the mandate, we can't require treatment of pre-conditions, we can't require premiums to stay the same even if you get sick, we can't require no dropping of patients when they get sick.

sorry, but the mandate is critical.

ok...fine.

is it a deal?

Nope.

There's no good reason to delay it, especially since the process has already begun, albeit shakily. They want a delay because they want more time to try and kill it; they have no intention of "accepting" it.

ok...fine.

is it a deal?

Impossible because there is no way to get Republicans to agree to an enforceable prohibition on them simply pulling this same exact stunt a year from now.

Not to mention all the other crap in their agenda that they can't accomplish legislatively that they would then feel inspired to attempt to accomplish by hostage taking and blackmail.

Could that possibly be because Americans are idiots who don't understand what the fuck the debt ceiling even is?

No, it is because more Americans are beginning to realize that Obama adding a TRILLION dollars a year to the national debt is unsustainable. Detroit is the prime example of what irresponsible government can do, and many don't want the US to end up like Detroit.

The President of the United States does not negotiate with terrorists.

Could that possibly be because Americans are idiots who don't understand what the fuck the debt ceiling even is?

Most of the people right on this forum who claim they're in favor of freezing the debt ceiling can't tell you how and where they would make the cuts in spending to accomplish that.

That is correct, but some of them can and have on this forum.

ok...fine.

is it a deal?

Nope.

There's no good reason to delay it, especially since the process has already begun, albeit shakily. They want a delay because they want more time to try and kill it; they have no intention of "accepting" it.

Exactly. The small amount of the first year penalty/tax is itself a delay of sorts, if you think about it.

There is no way in hell that the GOP wouldn't be back next year for more delays if they get this one; they are just throwing anything they can into the path of this.

Forum List

Back