poll: how many want to know God?

would you like to know God if you could

• Total voters

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
whether you are believers or not, how many of you would like to know God if you could?

whether you are believers or not, how many of you would like to know God if you could?

My Friend, we have the assurance that we will. I realize it is hard to do but try to be patient. He will reveal Himself in His own due time to us.

Of course I speak here of a physical meeting.

How do you define 'know?' I'd assume if I could know God that'd imply he existed and I had convincing evidence. That'd be enough for me, I don't think I'd want to 'know' him personally though. Too many prospective questions with disturbing answers I'd think.

How do you define 'know?' I'd assume if I could know God that'd imply he existed and I had convincing evidence. That'd be enough for me, I don't think I'd want to 'know' him personally though. Too many prospective questions with disturbing answers I'd think.
Now when I talk to God you know he understands
He said stick by me and I'll be your guidin' hand
But don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to

Full Song Lyrics: http://www.lyrster.com//www.lyrster.com/lyrics/oh-well-lyrics-fleetwood-mac.html#ixzz3IaGTgrcX

Read more at Oh Well Lyrics - Fleetwood Mac

I am with Thomas Jefferson on this

“The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites.”

Thomas Jefferson

Uhmm--I hate to sound redundant but

Which God? Should I get to "know" them all?

To be honest, I got so many different "notions of God" concepts in my head that I am ready to group them as "Concepts that inspire men" and move on...........belief/disbelief no longer needed.

To be honest, I got so many different "notions of God" concepts in my head that I am ready to group them as "Concepts that inspire men" and move on...........belief/disbelief no longer needed.

I recommend the One God, a Supreme Being of love.

Why not just conceptualize "Love"? Whether we ask "does Love exist or not" Is irrelevant.(It exists) What does matter is how that concept inspires the individual.

We can get back a whole set of ethics and behavior by asking simple concerning Love.

Whom Do I Love? Whom should I love? Should I express Love? Why? How? Is all forms of Love Ok? What should I do to encourage "Love"? etc, etc...

Yep, Love,as a concept, works towards inspiring individuals to build better relations amongst themselves.

Michael Mikaeel
For when one Wills to embrace Heaven

Lilith Ereshkigal
For when one Wills to embrace Hell

Athena Ishtar Astaroth
For when one Wills to embrace Heaven and Hell

Iblis Shaytan Lucifer
For when one Wills to go forth against Heaven and Hell

YHWH
For when one Wills to ascend beyond Heaven and Hell

Why not just conceptualize "Love"? Whether we ask "does Love exist or not" Is irrelevant.(It exists) What does matter is how that concept inspires the individual.

We can get back a whole set of ethics and behavior by asking simple concerning Love.

Whom Do I Love? Whom should I love? Should I express Love? Why? How? Is all forms of Love Ok? What should I do to encourage "Love"? etc, etc...

Yep, Love,as a concept, works towards inspiring individuals to build better relations amongst themselves.

Who do YOU love?

I'm not sure I am following you to the next train of thought. We were talking about a Supreme Being, and my recommendation is to seek the One God, the Being of Love. It seems now, that instead of studying love as a noun, you are proposing we study 'love' as an adjective, or perhaps a verb?

I'm not sure I am following you to the next train of thought. We were talking about a Supreme Being, and my recommendation is to seek the One God, the Being of Love. It seems now, that instead of studying love as a noun, you are proposing we study 'love' as an adjective, or perhaps a verb?

The "being of love"?

What, like Aphrodite? Cupid?

Or do you mean the Master of Destruction and Master of Creation, YHWH?​

I think I am posit as a noun in terms of describing it and understanding(implied)

I think I am using it as verb when I talk of applying it.

In either case, I am talking about contemplating Love as a concept and using that to manifest it in reality in some manner.

I haven't assign it to a characteristic of a divine being or necessarily derived from it(it can be, but "is there a need to do so" was the point I was making). I skipped that step for brevity

Forum List

Back