POLL: Is Russia a threat to the US?

Is Russia a threat to the US?

• Total voters

pvsi

VIP Member
Nov 17, 2013
I'm always skeptical of the polls by the establishment, so I wanted to double check how the people here feel. And if you think it's a threat, how so?

CNN Poll: Most see Russia as a threat to U.S.

politicalmugshot

Posted by
CNN Political Unit

Washington (CNN) - As the crisis in the Ukraine continues, a new national poll indicates that for the first time in more than a decade, more than half of Americans
see Russia as a serious threat to the U.S.

A CNN/ORC International survey released Friday also indicates that Russian President Vladimir Putin's unfavorable rating among Americans has soared over the past month. And the poll indicates that the vast majority of the public says Moscow's actions in neighboring Ukraine break international law, and half of those questioned say a new Cold War between the U.S. and Russia is likely. CNN Poll: Most see Russia as a threat to U.S. ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Obama is a far bigger threat to the USA

That's what I thought too. I don't see Putin doing to the Russian people what obama is doing to us. I have friends and business associates in Russia and that go back and forth. While it isn't all peaches and cream, there isn't nearly the tyranny that we live under.

I wouldn't mind seeing how a president Putin would handle the knock out game, investigations in bakeries that just won't provide wedding cakes to same sex couples and giving pot laced candy to children.

Utter nonsense. You should try living in Russia under Putin. You'd change your tune real fast.

Does the Russian government spy on citizens, you know, like read their emails and listen to phone calls, maybe uses the government to hamper fund raising for their political opponents

That's why you Progressives are always the first level of fertilizer in the mass graves. You're too fucking stupid to be allowed to breed and your Masters laugh themselves silly that you think they came for you because you're "Intellectuals"

You fucking morons, the U.S. wouldn't be fucking around with the Ukraine or with Syria if it didn't think they were a threat. The U.S. thinks everyone is a threat. Idiots.

Last edited:

Utter nonsense. You should try living in Russia under Putin. You'd change your tune real fast.

Does the Russian government spy on citizens, you know, like read their emails and listen to phone calls, maybe uses the government to hamper fund raising for their political opponents

That's why you Progressives are always the first level of fertilizer in the mass graves. You're too fucking stupid to be allowed to breed and your Masters laugh themselves silly that you think they came for you because you're "Intellectuals"

You are not very well informed. Yes the Russian government spies on its citizens. There is no freedom of speech in Russia. They do not have half the freedoms you have in the US. Their leader is a brutal, oppressive dictator. Anyone who does not know that is very ignorant about the state of things in Russia.

The European Court of Human Rights has become overwhelmed with cases from Russia. As of June 1, 2007, 22.5% of its pending cases were directed against the Russian Federation.[6] In 2006 there were 151 admissible applications against Russia (out of 1634 for all the countries), while in 2005 - 110 (of 1036), in 2004 - 64 (of 830), in 2003 - 15 (of 753), in 2002 - 12 (of 578).[7][8][9]

According to international human rights organizations as well as domestic press, violations of human rights in Russia[10] include widespread and systematic torture of persons in custody by police,[11][12] dedovshchina in Russian Army, neglect and cruelty in Russian orphanages,[13] violations of children's rights.[14] According to Amnesty International there is discrimination, racism, and murders of members of ethnic minorities.[15][16] Since 1992 at least 50 journalists have been killed across the country.[17]
wiki

Last edited:
and there he is defending Russia.

what a fucking traitor you are

Is Russia a geo-political aggregator and a pest at times. However, as a military threat? No, I do not see them as a military threat. In fact they have the same external threat that we do - ISLAM! Islam is at war with them. Al Qaeda supports their brothers and sisters in their struggle against Russia. They don't like Russia's support of Shia Iran and the AAASSSSad in Syria. They view Russia as their enemy and Russia view them the same likewise. Muslims make up 15% of the Russian population and that number is growing as the entire Russian population number is decreasing. The natives and Muslims clash frequently. When that number increases to 30%, which should happen in the next 10-15 years. The clash of civilizations will start. When that number tips to 50% (which will happen prior to 2050), then the civil war will be on! On wonder whose side we take?

I agree and almost clicked thanks, but how is he FAR bigger threat? he will be gone in couple of years, how is he more of a threat than Bush or Clinton?

You are not very well informed. Yes the Russian government spies on its citizens. There is no freedom of speech in Russia. They do not have half the freedoms you have in the US. Their leader is a brutal, oppressive dictator. Anyone who does not know that is very ignorant about the state of things in Russia.

The European Court of Human Rights has become overwhelmed with cases from Russia. As of June 1, 2007, 22.5% of its pending cases were directed against the Russian Federation.[6] In 2006 there were 151 admissible applications against Russia (out of 1634 for all the countries), while in 2005 - 110 (of 1036), in 2004 - 64 (of 830), in 2003 - 15 (of 753), in 2002 - 12 (of 578).[7][8][9]

According to international human rights organizations as well as domestic press, violations of human rights in Russia[10] include widespread and systematic torture of persons in custody by police,[11][12] dedovshchina in Russian Army, neglect and cruelty in Russian orphanages,[13] violations of children's rights.[14] According to Amnesty International there is discrimination, racism, and murders of members of ethnic minorities.[15][16] Since 1992 at least 50 journalists have been killed across the country.[17]
wiki

Putin can't spy on US Citizens like Obama can and is.

Get off your knees and stop fluffing Obama ffs

Russia is only a threat if we try to interfere and tell them how they should run their country.

I'm always skeptical of the polls by the establishment, so I wanted to double check how the people here feel. And if you think it's a threat, how so?

CNN Poll: Most see Russia as a threat to U.S.

politicalmugshot

Posted by
CNN Political Unit

Washington (CNN) - As the crisis in the Ukraine continues, a new national poll indicates that for the first time in more than a decade, more than half of Americans
see Russia as a serious threat to the U.S.

A CNN/ORC International survey released Friday also indicates that Russian President Vladimir Putin's unfavorable rating among Americans has soared over the past month. And the poll indicates that the vast majority of the public says Moscow's actions in neighboring Ukraine break international law, and half of those questioned say a new Cold War between the U.S. and Russia is likely. CNN Poll: Most see Russia as a threat to U.S. ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

between yes and no, I had to go with yes.

b/c

Leftist ended our peaceful isolation and neutrality to kill Americans in WW1, which lead to millions of deaths.

If we had stayed home, this would be just another old world war that would have little affect on us. But since we were forced to be the world police, by liberals, we will have to respond at some point.

All out war is doubtful, more proxy wars will occur.

Forum List

Back