[POLL] - Liberals, how much is a "fair share?" - Taxes

What's the "fair share?"

• Total voters
I have two simple questions on this the rich need to pay their fair share business.
1- How much do you have to earn a year to be considered rich?
2- What percent in taxes would you need to pay to be considered paying your fair share?

Good luck with that one.

Yeah I know I won't get a straight answer still it's amazing how much people like to talk about fair share but can't answer these two questions.

Last edited:
Abolish the utterly retarded tax system we have now, 20% national sales tax with no loopholes, boom we're done.

Why is it when I bring this up, I hate poor people?

But when you do it, you get a pass?

seriously, I took a beating from every leftist that read that I wanted to victimize irs agents with unemployment and fuck over the poor by going to war on them.

Fair share is everyone but you paying more.
What's wrong with that?

I pay 31%.

What is wrong, is someone making over $250K a year, paying only 15% tax rate on capital gains and dividends.

When people talk about fair share they are not talking about the rate on capital gains and dividends but on salary income people like to throw that in there to try and muddy the waters on the discussion.

When people talk about fair share they are not talking about the rate on capital gains and dividends but on salary income people like to throw that in there to try and muddy the waters on the discussion.
Fair share is regarding the rate on taxable income.

Capital gains and dividends are taxable income.

We will have to agree to disagree.

What's wrong with that?

I pay 31%.

What is wrong, is someone making over $250K a year, paying only 15% tax rate on capital gains and dividends.

You're full of shit. Someone as stupid as you can't possibly EARN a salary that pays more than $25K, and no one under $50K pays an effective federal tax rate over %1 unless they're too stupid to file a return at all.

I'd be happy to pay %10 tax on my income, if everything else that I bought wasn't loaded up with fees and taxes that don't show up on my receipts. If "The Rich" and their businesses weren't saddled with having to have accountants and lawyers on full time salaries because of fascist pigs like you, everything I buy would cost a lot less. If corporate "profits" weren't taxed more than COMMUNIST CHINA we might not have to worry about the competition.

You bed wetters are useful idiots, and the reason this nation is in decline.

Sorry buckwheat, this is how the Left frames it.

I keep hearing liberals say day after day, "the rich need to pay their fair share!"

But when asked how much the "fair share" actually is, they have no idea and never come out with a specific number. Others just beat around the bush and talk about periods in our history when top marginal tax rates were in the 90% range, but say that's not really what they want. Maybe out of fear they'll get called communists.

Anyways, I thought I'd put an end to the confusion once and for al with this poll.

Liberals, what should be the "fair share" the rich have to pay in taxes?

Conservatives, feel free to chime in as well.

You either misunderstand the issue or are misrepresenting it.

The issue has nothing to do with a ‘fair share ‘ or some ‘specific number.’

The issue concerns the fallacy of ‘trickle-down economics,’ where taxes are lowered for high-income earners, yet tax rates remain the same for middle and low-income earners.

You're full of shit. Someone as stupid as you can't possibly EARN a salary that pays more than $25K, and no one under $50K pays an effective federal tax rate over %1 unless they're too stupid to file a return at all.

I'd be happy to pay %10 tax on my income, if everything else that I bought wasn't loaded up with fees and taxes that don't show up on my receipts. If "The Rich" and their businesses weren't saddled with having to have accountants and lawyers on full time salaries because of fascist pigs like you, everything I buy would cost a lot less. If corporate "profits" weren't taxed more than COMMUNIST CHINA we might not have to worry about the competition.

If you don't like what I said, then shove it up your ass and out your mouth!

I pay 31% and don't want some piece of shit like you paying 15% on capital gains and dividends.

So fuck you and anyone who looks like you!

What's wrong with that?

I pay 31%.

What is wrong is someone earning money paying taxes on it investing it and then if they make money on that investment paying more then the current rate on Capital gains?

Of course the issue is Democrats feel any money earned belongs to government first.

Hogwash! Any competent accountant will help your corporation from having to be "taxed twice". You can't blame the government because you don't hire good help.

You know nothing about business.
Shareholders buy stocks. Do you own any stocks?
What does that make you? A SHAREHOLDER.
Shareholders buy stocks why? As an investment to make money?
So if you own shares in a company and the company makes a profit what do you want?
A share of the profits?
That is what a dividend is Moe. Every good accountant out there advises corporations to pay as much as they can in dividends to their shareholders to keep the price of their stock high.
High corporate profits or low corporate profits. Which one makes a companies' stock price rise and puts money in the hands of shareholders and employees?

WELL DUH!
That is the first lesson.
Lesson #2.
Before I started each of my companies I consulted with my accountant BEFORE hand for tax advice. Those strategies and policies are IN PLACE before I made my first dollar.
They have to be. The moocher class is growing and government is plundering faster.

Your erroneous assumptions and bigotry against the less fortunate come across loud and clear.

Unlike you I get off my ass and do something for the unfortunate. I work at the local food bank, coached rec kids for 20 years and took many a poor kid home after practice, teach the unfortunate how to read, how to balance a check book, how to budget for food, how to plan a menu, how to teach their kids how to read, how to shop for food with coupons and other budget ideas, how to work on their car, where to go find a trusty mechanic in the area, how to formulate a house budget and many other things.

All you do is sit on your ass, call names and label folks "bigots" because they seek solutions instead of offering nothing other than rank rhetoric like yours.

They shouldn't be. They are investment income and that carries RISK.

Tell us please sir how many jobs where you had an income did you have where you worked 40 hours that week and did not know if and when you would get paid?

Real world for those that take the massive risks of the hard earned money they put at risk NEVER KNOWING if they will ever make any money off of their hard earned dollars, ALREADY TAXED ONCE WHEN THEY MADE IT.

We are fast becoming a nation of village idiots. People that work extra hard and save their money to invest are now to be scorned on and punished.

How dare anyone make a profit off of their capital THEY ALREADY PAID TAXES ON ONCE!!!

We have to punish them and tax them again and again and again each time they make a cent off the capital they invested AFTER THEY ALREADY PAID TAXES ON IT ONCE.

All of you not-Rich people out there who want the Rich to pay lower taxes...

...how much are you willing to have your own taxes raised to make up the difference?

Respectfully, if you do not know that you can tax the rich at 90% and they still will pay little to no taxes then you are not paying attention.

Raise the tax rate and all of a sudden the wealthy HAVE NO TAXABLE INCOME.

Something about the 56,000 page tax code which you support blindly never knowing that it LEGALLY allows anyone and everyone TO PAY NO TAXES if they have NO INCOME other than TAX FREE INCOME per the tax code.

Raise the tax code to 100% and EVERY cent I have goes into tax free municipal bonds.

See how far your "tax the rich" idea goes with that.

Real world, please join us as you appear to be an above average thinker here.

If you don't like what I said, then shove it up your ass and out your mouth!

I pay 31% and don't want some piece of shit like you paying 15% on capital gains and dividends.

So fuck you and anyone who looks like you!

This confirms you're full of shit, I'll bet you don't pay a goddamn dime in tax. If you did you'd be offended that so many oxygen thieves live off your income.

You're just another useful idiot who regurgitates the bullshit line that "the rich" don't pay their fair share. Well if that's not enough, write a bigger check this year bed wetter. Like that asshole Buffet who claims he should be taxed more, but is in a long running legal battle over taxes he owes. You can't go fuck yourself hard enough to make up for that.

Better yet suffocate yourself with a plastic bag and take yourself off the welfare list. That will be the best thing you can do with your "life" and you'll decrease "global warming" while you're at it. Eat a shit sandwich along the way too fuckstick.

/ignore

What is the best way someone that is poor comes out of poverty?:

A. They receive guidance and training from someone that owns a private business and works their way out of poverty with some short term assistance of government and a lot of assistance FROM THE COMMUNITY THEY LIVE IN.

B. They keep having children out of wedlock, do not work and keep doing the same things that made them poor to begin with and government will pay their way.

Which is better?

Polls are only as good as the questions asked. Your poll sucks.

A progressive income tax is fair and is necessary to keep the United States exceptional. If power tends to corrupt and too much power corrupts absolutely the same argument can be made for great wealth.

Let's pick on the brothers Koch for a moment. Born to wealth it was easy for them to create great wealth. As the man said, the second billion dollars comes easy, it's the first billion that's hard (unless of course it is given, and then the recipient feels entitled to great wealth. In this respect the brothers Koch are little different than Paris Hilton).

No one doubts the Koch Brothers are using their great wealth to influence the direction of our country. Of course all of us see the world from our own perspective and see things which we would like changed. But only those of great wealth have the ability to do so and therein lies the great problem with a flat tax. The spread gap between the 1% and the rest will grow and grow and grow, and the 1% are rarely egalitarians. Sure, one of the Koch Brothers donates to NPR, but the bulk of his giving supports PAC's which directly benefit the Koch Boys business and their ideology. Their ideology can not escape taking us from a democratic republic into a Plutocracy - which we already have become. Most members of Congress are wealthy and many follow a political path which enhances their ability to get richer.

The OP's poll sucks?
Yes, but if it were commissioned by liberals and the poll results the same, you'd be crowing in support of the poll.

I would huh? You're full of shit, but I suspect on some level you know that.

Yes. You would.

What's wrong with that?

I pay 31%.

Hey slick..There is no such thing as a 31% tax bracket..And even if there were, then to pay that percentage, you'd be well into the 80th p[ercentile of earners....
Spare us the whine...
28% $87,850 to $183,250 $146,400 to $223,050 $125,450 to $203,150
33% $183,250 to $398,350 $223,050 to $398,350 $203,150 to $398,350

Updated: 2013 Federal Income Tax Brackets And Marginal Rates - Forbes
What kills me is how your side's partisanship regarding taxation is so narrow minded that you believe the federal government deserves two full bites at the apple.
Where do you people get off thinking that because the earnings of others make you uncomfortable, the federal government should do YOU a solid and take more from them?
And for what. Why should the government get to tax more?

Last edited:
I worked considerably harder than my female counterparts

Are you rich? I was talking about people making tens or hundreds time the average income. "Conciderably" harder -- was that twice the normal work hours? I doubt anyone works more than that. But the difference in pay the rich are getting is much bigger.

Of course sometimes there is a risk factor. BTW, I have no problem with taxing business owners less than those earning their income from salary. Nevertheless, even higher risk hardly justifies astronomical incomes.

Here is something that may have escaped you. You cannot make it big in the world working the 8 hour day. You have to sacrifice, make trade offs, and learn about money. I wish I could say I only worked half a day which is 12 hours, but I can't say that, there were many days I worked the entire 24 hour day.

Define 'pay.'

"Pay" means income, genius. A person making 100s times the average cannot justify it by claiming he is working "considerably" harder. Because he is not working 4000 hour weeks.

What's wrong with that?

I pay 31%.

Hey slick..There is no such thing as a 31% tax bracket..

I don't think you know how tax brackets work.

Where do you people get off thinking that because the earnings of others make you uncomfortable, the federal government should do YOU a solid and take more from them?
And for what. Why should the government get to tax more?

Because the rich receiving too big a share of the pie. At the expense of the rest.

Forum List

Back