[POLL] - Liberals, how much is a "fair share?" - Taxes

What's the "fair share?"

• Total voters
I'm sick of business excusing their failure by putting on the 'we can't be successful without the help of government' act, a typical conservative whine. And your 'There is no tenent of conservatism that says the best way to have a successful business is to cut out all unncessary costs' is laughable.

You're right. If they need help from government to stay afloat they shouldn't be in business. I'm sure you like me, would agree we should not have bailed out the auto industry, right? However, if you think you're right about what conservatism says about how to best run a business, by all means prove it.

The reason that you can't fool me with your bullshit is that I've had too much experience with business. I've worked with intelligent CEOs with the ability to create growth and a recognition of the synergy between their company and the community in which they are permitted to operate. People who respect employees and customers and know where those people live and raise their families. People who know that innovative products and processes are what makes companies grow and they come from treating people like humans rather than interchangeable parts.

Fool you? I agree with almost all of that. I don't know why you want to continue to argue against a strawman on this.

The abject failure of conservatism is their inability to see beyond today and focus on yesterday. That makes them parasitic to success and harbingers of failure.

Wow! Projecting much? The evidence simply doesn't bare this out. The evidence is it is LIBERALS who can't see the consequences of their own actions. You advocate for crap like a living wage. Look at the mess we're already seeing with Obamacare. Look at how many people we have dependent on government in entitlement programs. All LIBERAL policies.

Again, you continue to recite Republican propaganda from Fox, and believe that it's news. It's not. It's what they want you to believe to be useful to the party.

Believe it or not, I'm not trying to insult you, but wake you up. This is merely simple well documented truth.

Explain to me how this would benefit our economy please. Why would anyone work if they had to pay more taxes than their greedy bosses who are already severely underpaying them. This would cause a revolution. But I want to hear what you think this would do please elaborate.

It would benefit our economy because there would be a reason for people to want to earn the right to have a lower effective tax rate. The more you earn the lower your effective tax rate. As I said in the subsequent post, anyone that does not pay their fair share (7500 annualy) would be put in jail. Forced to work in a labor camp maybe. Basically I'm arguing for a strengthening of vagrancy laws. I'm done carrying losers. Time for them to buck up.

Would a, 50% tax rate give you a reason to want to work?

No, it's not even necessary.
if govt were limited to what it is supposed to do,
we'd only need 10% tax and maybe just sales tax.

Right now, with income tax, I would reward people/business with tax breaks
for directly investing/building sustainable solutions to shift burdens OFF govt
and taxpayers, and to pay taxpayers BACK for PAST govt misspending/abuses
to pay for the work instead of charging us more to fix messes they made!

We should hold national contests to solve problems, similar to TED conferences
and compete for the business, where taxpayers vote where they want to invest
their funds and subtract from taxes. So the best solutions get funded and those
responsibilities shift off govt into local programs that work effectively and sustainably.

as model programs are proven to work, more ppl would invest or duplicate those models.

Last edited:
Perhaps the reason that you are still here is that you are as ignorant of Somalia as you are of the US.

No government. Tribal rule. You can have your own army. In fact, even better, you need your own army for protection. NO TAXES.

Seriously troll, the shit you spew.

You have no fucking idea of what you spew - you just get programmed by the Soros hate sites and regurgitate it here.

Somalia is in a state of civil war, shit fer brains. It absolutely does have a government - one your boss would approve of, based on Sharia dictatorship.

Further, you fucking lying sack of shit, I've corrected your lying ass on this before.

{Per the Transitional Federal Charter of the Somali Republic,[35] Prime Minister Mohamed named a new Cabinet on 12 November 2010,[36] which was lauded by the international community.[37][38] As had been expected, the allotted ministerial positions were significantly reduced in numbers from 39 to 18.[36][39] Only two Ministers from the previous Cabinet were reappointed: Hussein Abdi Halane, the former Minister of Finance (Finance and Treasury) and Mohamud Abdi Ibrahim (Commerce and Industry).[40] Ahlu Sunna Waljama'a, a moderate Sufi group and an important military ally of the TFG, became Minister of the Interior and Labour ministries.[39][40] The remaining ministerial positions were largely assigned to technocrats new to the Somali political arena.[41]}

Politics of Somalia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're a scumbag and a fuckwad - i.e. a typical democrat.

I'm sick of business excusing their failure by putting on the 'we can't be successful without the help of government' act, a typical conservative whine. And your 'There is no tenent of conservatism that says the best way to have a successful business is to cut out all unncessary costs' is laughable.

You're right. If they need help from government to stay afloat they shouldn't be in business. I'm sure you like me, would agree we should not have bailed out the auto industry, right? However, if you think you're right about what conservatism says about how to best run a business, by all means prove it.

Fool you? I agree with almost all of that. I don't know why you want to continue to argue against a strawman on this.

The abject failure of conservatism is their inability to see beyond today and focus on yesterday. That makes them parasitic to success and harbingers of failure.

Wow! Projecting much? The evidence simply doesn't bare this out. The evidence is it is LIBERALS who can't see the consequences of their own actions. You advocate for crap like a living wage. Look at the mess we're already seeing with Obamacare. Look at how many people we have dependent on government in entitlement programs. All LIBERAL policies.

Again, you continue to recite Republican propaganda from Fox, and believe that it's news. It's not. It's what they want you to believe to be useful to the party.

Believe it or not, I'm not trying to insult you, but wake you up. This is merely simple well documented truth.

It's documented proof that I'm using FOX news talking points? I don't watch FOX News. The reason I think what I think is because I have an objective, rationale brain. Get off your high horse. Take your own advice a muster a modicum of objectivty and honesty. The above doesn't even begin to refute what I said. You're the one clearly out of answers. Perhaps you are the one that needs to watch a little MSNBC to get some more liberal talking points at the very least. The above response is laughable. The crux of your argument isn't even against my ideas. It's an attempt to attack credibility by association based on an argument you can't prove. It's really quite pathetic.

Last edited:
It would benefit our economy because there would be a reason for people to want to earn the right to have a lower effective tax rate. The more you earn the lower your effective tax rate. As I said in the subsequent post, anyone that does not pay their fair share (7500 annualy) would be put in jail. Forced to work in a labor camp maybe. Basically I'm arguing for a strengthening of vagrancy laws. I'm done carrying losers. Time for them to buck up.

Would a, 50% tax rate give you a reason to want to work?

No, it's not even necessary.
if govt were limited to what it is supposed to do,
we'd only need 10% tax and maybe just sales tax.

Right now, with income tax, I would reward people/business with tax breaks
for directly investing/building sustainable solutions to shift burdens OFF govt
and taxpayers, and to pay taxpayers BACK for PAST govt misspending/abuses
to pay for the work instead of charging us more to fix messes they made!

We should hold national contests to solve problems, similar to TED conferences
and compete for the business, where taxpayers vote where they want to invest
their funds and subtract from taxes. So the best solutions get funded and those
responsibilities shift off govt into local programs that work effectively and sustainably.

as model programs are proven to work, more ppl would invest or duplicate those models.

Do you believe that you are uniquely qualified to know what government is supposed to do?

Assuming that you're not, the way that democracy handles that is through the free election of Representatives who, if they do what their constituents expect of them, get to keep their jobs.

The good news for you is that you get to vote.

It's documented proof that I'm using FOX news talking points? I don't watch FOX News. The reason I think what I think is because I have an objective, rationale brain. Okay. Show it to me. Get off your high horse. Take your own advice a muster a modicum of objectivty and honesty. The above doesn't even begin to refute what I said. You're the one clearly out of answers. Perhaps you are the one that needs to watch a little MSNBC to get some more liberal talking points at the very least. The above response is laughable.

I know lots of people who are misinformed in the same ways that you are. They all absorb massive doses of Fox News daily. Just saying.

It's documented proof that I'm using FOX news talking points? I don't watch FOX News. The reason I think what I think is because I have an objective, rationale brain. Okay. Show it to me. Get off your high horse. Take your own advice a muster a modicum of objectivty and honesty. The above doesn't even begin to refute what I said. You're the one clearly out of answers. Perhaps you are the one that needs to watch a little MSNBC to get some more liberal talking points at the very least. The above response is laughable.

I know lots of people who are misinformed in the same ways that you are. They all absorb massive doses of Fox News daily. Just saying.

Look at your own argument. It rests on dismantling credibility based on an association you can't prove and have no real basis for and calling me a liar which you also can't prove.

if you can present a coherent argument on what specifically I'm misinformed on and specifically why, I'm happy to listen, but the above is rather pathetic.

Last edited:
Fox News says the we shouldn't have bailed out Detroit Auto. That opinion seems to have no basis other than trying to drag popular opinion of our government to new lows.

In truth there is only one way to get the remaining way out of the valley of Bush. GDP. Growth. The business of business. That's what will pay the bills that his policies left in their wake.

Detroit Auto is part of that solution.

More 'news' from Fox. '' You advocate for crap like a living wage.''

How radical. Pay people enough to live on so they don't need welfare. Create jobs that put people into taxable income. How are companies going to do that and pay executives as royalty?

''Look at the mess we're already seeing with Obamacare.''

The mess? System start up problems? How many years of updates does a new windows or IOS take before they're running right?

Empowering consumers with competitive information? How radical is that? Making insurance companies compete above board. Simply communistic.

The only thing that the present GOP has to offer is very well done propaganda.

They will either dump dixiecrats and end propaganda or go extinct.

It's not at all accurate. It's what you wish was true.

Wrong again. Actually I wish people who live in the greatest, richest, freest country in the history of man would appreciate what capitalism, which is simply economic freedom, has brought us and they were not consumed in greed and wealth envy like you are.

I believe in equal opportunity. You believe in equal results. You don't care how big the pie is or the amount of pie you get, you just want to have all the slices the same size, except for your leaders who get big slabs for the sacrifice they have to make to have ubiquitous power.

You question how much a CEO contributes to the economy, you do not question how much a politician destroys the economy. Most CEOs are good. The bad ones lose their jobs. Bad politicians preaching greed and wealth envy get elected to a second term as President.

Good enough post. Except for the 'richest' delusion. No other country ever has been so deeply in debt to others than the US is now. Being flat broke is one thing; having stupendous debts is something else.

If voters understood that the US is poor they might possibly choose different politicians.

I am not talking about the American government. Now granted the massive deficits will eventually bring the rest of us down, but I think you took the statement to be too narrow. And at least at this point if we learn and correct our ways, it's still fixable. Granted I see no hope for that, but it's not too late.

Wrong again. Actually I wish people who live in the greatest, richest, freest country in the history of man would appreciate what capitalism, which is simply economic freedom, has brought us and they were not consumed in greed and wealth envy like you are.

I believe in equal opportunity. You believe in equal results. You don't care how big the pie is or the amount of pie you get, you just want to have all the slices the same size, except for your leaders who get big slabs for the sacrifice they have to make to have ubiquitous power.

You question how much a CEO contributes to the economy, you do not question how much a politician destroys the economy. Most CEOs are good. The bad ones lose their jobs. Bad politicians preaching greed and wealth envy get elected to a second term as President.

Good enough post. Except for the 'richest' delusion. No other country ever has been so deeply in debt to others than the US is now. Being flat broke is one thing; having stupendous debts is something else.

If voters understood that the US is poor they might possibly choose different politicians.

I am not talking about the American government. Now granted the massive deficits will eventually bring the rest of us down, but I think you took the statement to be too narrow. And at least at this point if we learn and correct our ways, it's still fixable. Granted I see no hope for that, but it's not too late.

Here is an analysis of the 2001 CBO report that concluded that if Bush had continued Clintonomics the US would have been debt free by 2006.

http://www.pewtrusts.org/uploadedFi...ic_Policy/drivers_federal_debt_since_2001.pdf

The magic of GDP growth. Business being successful. Full employment.

What we need are ways to reward or disincent business leaders against national goals like job growth. That used to be assumed to be a driver of every successful business person. But, we've lost it.

We need it back.

Here is an analysis of the 2001 CBO report...

:oops:

CBO, LOL. I have a story for you, a true story. Do you know how CBO projections work? Don't sweat that one, it was rhetorical, I know you don't. Congress got tired of the CBO not telling them what they want to hear. Congress wanted to believe their own idiotic lies about how economics work. But the CBO kept telling them that they had to factor in that people do things like try to not pay taxes and that sort of thing in the real world. Congress kept getting mad because the CBO projections, which were based on the field of economics, didn't match what lawyers said which would happen, which was based on their being liars and idiots. So congress got frustrated.

:bang3:

Then Congress had an idea. Let's pass a law that the economy has to work the way we say it will!

:eusa_eh:

Even they realized that might not work, so they went to the next best thing. Let's pass a law forcing the CBO to project the economy will work the way we say it will. And they did. Which is why no projection is as meaningless as a CBO projection. Here's the way it works. The CBO must project that no one will react in any way to a change in regulation or tax policy. No companies will lay anyone off. If they raise a tax by 10 times nobody will buy less of the product. Nobody will try to evade taxes or make different investment decisions because of taxes. Therefore, every tax plan will work.

Yeah, it's that stupid.

Perhaps the reason that you are still here is that you are as ignorant of Somalia as you are of the US.

No government. Tribal rule. You can have your own army. In fact, even better, you need your own army for protection. NO TAXES.

Seriously troll, the shit you spew.

You have no fucking idea of what you spew - you just get programmed by the Soros hate sites and regurgitate it here.

Somalia is in a state of civil war, shit fer brains. It absolutely does have a government - one your boss would approve of, based on Sharia dictatorship.

Further, you fucking lying sack of shit, I've corrected your lying ass on this before.

{Per the Transitional Federal Charter of the Somali Republic,[35] Prime Minister Mohamed named a new Cabinet on 12 November 2010,[36] which was lauded by the international community.[37][38] As had been expected, the allotted ministerial positions were significantly reduced in numbers from 39 to 18.[36][39] Only two Ministers from the previous Cabinet were reappointed: Hussein Abdi Halane, the former Minister of Finance (Finance and Treasury) and Mohamud Abdi Ibrahim (Commerce and Industry).[40] Ahlu Sunna Waljama'a, a moderate Sufi group and an important military ally of the TFG, became Minister of the Interior and Labour ministries.[39][40] The remaining ministerial positions were largely assigned to technocrats new to the Somali political arena.[41]}

Politics of Somalia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're a scumbag and a fuckwad - i.e. a typical democrat.

From your reference.

''The politics of Somalia have gone through various periods of change. Following the outbreak of the civil war and the ensuing collapse of the Siad Barre regime in the early 1990s, Somalia's residents reverted to local forms of conflict resolution, consisting of civil law, religious law and customary law. A few autonomous regions, including the Somaliland, Puntland and Galmudug administrations, emerged in the north in the ensuing process of decentralization. The early 2000s saw the creation of fledgling interim federal administrations. The Transitional National Government (TNG) was established in 2000 followed by the formation of its successor the Transitional Federal Government (TFG) in 2004, which reestablished national institutions such as the Military of Somalia.[1][2][3] In 2006, the TFG, assisted by Ethiopian troops, assumed control of most of the nation's southern conflict zones from the newly formed Islamic Courts Union (ICU). The ICU subsequently splintered into more radical groups such as Al-Shabaab, which battled the TFG and its AMISOM allies for control of the region,[1] with the insurgents losing most of the territory that they had seized by mid-2012. In 2011-2012, a Roadmap political process providing clear benchmarks leading toward the establishment of permanent democratic institutions was launched.[4] Within this administrative framework, a new Provisional Constitution was passed in August 2012,[5][6] which designates Somalia as a federation.[7] Following the end of the TFG's interim mandate the same month, the Federal Government of Somalia, the first permanent central government in the country since the start of the civil war, was also formed.[8] The nation has concurrently experienced a period of intense reconstruction, particularly in the capital, Mogadishu.[4][9]''

The dream of anarchist conservatives for America.

Don't need to tax rich more really. Just allow Unions for workers to have the upper hand. You should not be allowed to sit on billions as your workers selling and making YOUR CRAP have to apply for welfare to make ends meet. If that don't work take 75% of their wealth. Fine with me.

I doubt if Brown's claims of businesses success are true

How much? 100bucks? 500?

I told you, I don't need your money. I'm not for sale to anybody.

:suck:

Does that mean you suck Obama for free, or you just don't count your welfare checks as welfare since whoever's money it was didn't have a choice when Obama took it from them and gave it to you?

Here is an analysis of the 2001 CBO report...

:oops:

CBO, LOL. I have a story for you, a true story. Do you know how CBO projections work? Don't sweat that one, it was rhetorical, I know you don't. Congress got tired of the CBO not telling them what they want to hear. Congress wanted to believe their own idiotic lies about how economics work. But the CBO kept telling them that they had to factor in that people do things like try to not pay taxes and that sort of thing in the real world. Congress kept getting mad because the CBO projections, which were based on the field of economics, didn't match what lawyers said which would happen, which was based on their being liars and idiots. So congress got frustrated.

:bang3:

Then Congress had an idea. Let's pass a law that the economy has to work the way we say it will!

:eusa_eh:

Even they realized that might not work, so they went to the next best thing. Let's pass a law forcing the CBO to project the economy will work the way we say it will. And they did. Which is why no projection is as meaningless as a CBO projection. Here's the way it works. The CBO must project that no one will react in any way to a change in regulation or tax policy. No companies will lay anyone off. If they raise a tax by 10 times nobody will buy less of the product. Nobody will try to evade taxes or make different investment decisions because of taxes. Therefore, every tax plan will work.

Yeah, it's that stupid.

It's not. You are.

How much? 100bucks? 500?

I told you, I don't need your money. I'm not for sale to anybody.

:suck:

Does that mean you suck Obama for free, or you just don't count your welfare checks as welfare since whoever's money it was didn't have a choice when Obama took it from them and gave it to you?

I think that you do more for liberalism than any other poster here.

Don't need to tax rich more really. Just allow Unions for workers to have the upper hand. You should not be allowed to sit on billions as your workers selling and making YOUR CRAP have to apply for welfare to make ends meet. If that don't work take 75% of their wealth. Fine with me.

Unions are corporations with the product of representing workers in negotiations. Not unlike the lawyers that executives hire to negotiate their compensation.

In my opinion they served a useful role as a solution to the ruthless tactics of people like Henry Ford who employed corporate police to threaten employees.

Then for awhile the need largely went away.

Now I see a return to the corporate behavior that caused the original need.

Conservatives, through extreme wealth redistribution, have brought back class warfare that most thought that we'd gotten past.

Government is not the only force that can solve that problem.

In the end it will be a race between government redistribution, the return of unions, or civil disorder for solutions. All, very expensive waste compared to the problem having been avoided to start with.

Forum List

Back