[POLL] - Liberals, how much is a "fair share?" - Taxes

What's the "fair share?"

• Total voters
Here is an analysis of the 2001 CBO report...

:oops:

CBO, LOL. I have a story for you, a true story. Do you know how CBO projections work? Don't sweat that one, it was rhetorical, I know you don't. Congress got tired of the CBO not telling them what they want to hear. Congress wanted to believe their own idiotic lies about how economics work. But the CBO kept telling them that they had to factor in that people do things like try to not pay taxes and that sort of thing in the real world. Congress kept getting mad because the CBO projections, which were based on the field of economics, didn't match what lawyers said which would happen, which was based on their being liars and idiots. So congress got frustrated.

:bang3:

Then Congress had an idea. Let's pass a law that the economy has to work the way we say it will!

:eusa_eh:

Even they realized that might not work, so they went to the next best thing. Let's pass a law forcing the CBO to project the economy will work the way we say it will. And they did. Which is why no projection is as meaningless as a CBO projection. Here's the way it works. The CBO must project that no one will react in any way to a change in regulation or tax policy. No companies will lay anyone off. If they raise a tax by 10 times nobody will buy less of the product. Nobody will try to evade taxes or make different investment decisions because of taxes. Therefore, every tax plan will work.

Yeah, it's that stupid.

It's not. You are.

Google is not a friend of liberals. Information at anyone's finger tips immediately dispelling your lies. And your own laziness to learn anything on constant display.

Are CBO Estimates Really The Gold Standard Of Accuracy? - Forbes

Would a, 50% tax rate give you a reason to want to work?

No, it's not even necessary.
if govt were limited to what it is supposed to do,
we'd only need 10% tax and maybe just sales tax.

Right now, with income tax, I would reward people/business with tax breaks
for directly investing/building sustainable solutions to shift burdens OFF govt
and taxpayers, and to pay taxpayers BACK for PAST govt misspending/abuses
to pay for the work instead of charging us more to fix messes they made!

We should hold national contests to solve problems, similar to TED conferences
and compete for the business, where taxpayers vote where they want to invest
their funds and subtract from taxes. So the best solutions get funded and those
responsibilities shift off govt into local programs that work effectively and sustainably.

as model programs are proven to work, more ppl would invest or duplicate those models.

Do you believe that you are uniquely qualified to know what government is supposed to do?

Assuming that you're not, the way that democracy handles that is through the free election of Representatives who, if they do what their constituents expect of them, get to keep their jobs.

The good news for you is that you get to vote.

If emilynghiem isn't qualified, then how is the majority any more qualified? See, that's the problem with democracy, most of the people deciding on how your life should be run aren't qualified to make that decision. None of the doofuses that voted for Obama were qualified to evaluate his schemes to bring on the new Utopia.

That bad news for everyone is that morons like you get to vote.

It's documented proof that I'm using FOX news talking points? I don't watch FOX News. The reason I think what I think is because I have an objective, rationale brain. Okay. Show it to me. Get off your high horse. Take your own advice a muster a modicum of objectivty and honesty. The above doesn't even begin to refute what I said. You're the one clearly out of answers. Perhaps you are the one that needs to watch a little MSNBC to get some more liberal talking points at the very least. The above response is laughable.

I know lots of people who are misinformed in the same ways that you are. They all absorb massive doses of Fox News daily. Just saying.

Look at your own argument. It rests on dismantling credibility based on an association you can't prove and have no real basis for and calling me a liar which you also can't prove.

if you can present a coherent argument on what specifically I'm misinformed on and specifically why, I'm happy to listen, but the above is rather pathetic.

PMS doesn't argue or use logic. He only posts logical fallacies and insults his critics. That's his conception of "debate."

The Founders never intended the federal government to do anything other than what it absolutely had to do to provide the common defense, secure our rights, and enact sufficient policy and regulation so that the various states could function as one cohesive nation. They saw a real danger in a government allowed much, if any, more authority than that. They knew a government given too much authority would eventually assume total authority and would become a huge, expensive, authoritarian, freedom sucking, economic vacuum that would slowly but surely suck all concept of liberty and material assets into itself as its sole purpose for existence would be to perpetuate itself. That was the precise situation the Constitution was intended to liberate us from.

How right they were.

A 'Fair Share' should be all citizens contributing equally the modest amount required to fund a federal government restricted to its original intent.

Last edited:
:oops:

CBO, LOL. I have a story for you, a true story. Do you know how CBO projections work? Don't sweat that one, it was rhetorical, I know you don't. Congress got tired of the CBO not telling them what they want to hear. Congress wanted to believe their own idiotic lies about how economics work. But the CBO kept telling them that they had to factor in that people do things like try to not pay taxes and that sort of thing in the real world. Congress kept getting mad because the CBO projections, which were based on the field of economics, didn't match what lawyers said which would happen, which was based on their being liars and idiots. So congress got frustrated.

:bang3:

Then Congress had an idea. Let's pass a law that the economy has to work the way we say it will!

:eusa_eh:

Even they realized that might not work, so they went to the next best thing. Let's pass a law forcing the CBO to project the economy will work the way we say it will. And they did. Which is why no projection is as meaningless as a CBO projection. Here's the way it works. The CBO must project that no one will react in any way to a change in regulation or tax policy. No companies will lay anyone off. If they raise a tax by 10 times nobody will buy less of the product. Nobody will try to evade taxes or make different investment decisions because of taxes. Therefore, every tax plan will work.

Yeah, it's that stupid.

It's not. You are.

Google is not a friend of liberals. Information at anyone's finger tips immediately dispelling your lies. And your own laziness to learn anything on constant display.

Are CBO Estimates Really The Gold Standard Of Accuracy? - Forbes

Your reference shows conclusively that different economists have different opinions.

This comes as a surprise to you?

No, it's not even necessary.
if govt were limited to what it is supposed to do,
we'd only need 10% tax and maybe just sales tax.

Right now, with income tax, I would reward people/business with tax breaks
for directly investing/building sustainable solutions to shift burdens OFF govt
and taxpayers, and to pay taxpayers BACK for PAST govt misspending/abuses
to pay for the work instead of charging us more to fix messes they made!

We should hold national contests to solve problems, similar to TED conferences
and compete for the business, where taxpayers vote where they want to invest
their funds and subtract from taxes. So the best solutions get funded and those
responsibilities shift off govt into local programs that work effectively and sustainably.

as model programs are proven to work, more ppl would invest or duplicate those models.

Do you believe that you are uniquely qualified to know what government is supposed to do?

Assuming that you're not, the way that democracy handles that is through the free election of Representatives who, if they do what their constituents expect of them, get to keep their jobs.

The good news for you is that you get to vote.

If emilynghiem isn't qualified, then how is the majority any more qualified? See, that's the problem with democracy, most of the people deciding on how your life should be run aren't qualified to make that decision. None of the doofuses that voted for Obama were qualified to evaluate his schemes to bring on the new Utopia.

That bad news for everyone is that morons like you get to vote.

Move someplace that has a more tyrannical government if you disagree with our constitution.

The Founders never intended the federal government to do anything other than what it absolutely had to do to provide the common defense, secure our rights, and enact sufficient policy and regulation so that the various states could function as one cohesive nation. They saw a real danger in a government allowed much, if any, more authority than that. They knew a government given too much authority would eventually assume total authority and would become a huge, expensive, authoritarian, freedom sucking, economic vacuum that would slowly but surely suck all concept of liberty and material assets into itself as its sole purpose for existence would be to perpetuate itself. That was the precise situation the Constitution was intended to liberate us from.

How right they were.

A 'Fair Share' should be all citizens contributing equally the modest amount required to fund a federal government restricted to its original intent.

I get the biggest kick about your intimate relationship with the founders. If you are empowered to represent them you'd think that they would have mentioned your name at least someplace.

As they didn't, I guess you're stuck with our Constitution, Supreme Court, and democracy.

If you think that there's a better government in the world, give it a try.

I know lots of people who are misinformed in the same ways that you are. They all absorb massive doses of Fox News daily. Just saying.

Look at your own argument. It rests on dismantling credibility based on an association you can't prove and have no real basis for and calling me a liar which you also can't prove.

if you can present a coherent argument on what specifically I'm misinformed on and specifically why, I'm happy to listen, but the above is rather pathetic.

PMS doesn't argue or use logic. He only posts logical fallacies and insults his critics. That's his conception of "debate."

Is this post your conception of ''debate''?

From your reference.

''The politics of Somalia have gone through various periods of change. Following the outbreak of the civil war and the ensuing collapse of the Siad Barre regime in the early 1990s, Somalia's residents reverted to local forms of conflict resolution, consisting of civil law, religious law and customary law. A few autonomous regions, including the Somaliland, Puntland and Galmudug administrations, emerged in the north in the ensuing process of decentralization. The early 2000s saw the creation of fledgling interim federal administrations. The Transitional National Government (TNG) was established in 2000 followed by the formation of its successor the Transitional Federal Government (TFG) in 2004, which reestablished national institutions such as the Military of Somalia.[1][2][3] In 2006, the TFG, assisted by Ethiopian troops, assumed control of most of the nation's southern conflict zones from the newly formed Islamic Courts Union (ICU). The ICU subsequently splintered into more radical groups such as Al-Shabaab, which battled the TFG and its AMISOM allies for control of the region,[1] with the insurgents losing most of the territory that they had seized by mid-2012. In 2011-2012, a Roadmap political process providing clear benchmarks leading toward the establishment of permanent democratic institutions was launched.[4] Within this administrative framework, a new Provisional Constitution was passed in August 2012,[5][6] which designates Somalia as a federation.[7] Following the end of the TFG's interim mandate the same month, the Federal Government of Somalia, the first permanent central government in the country since the start of the civil war, was also formed.[8] The nation has concurrently experienced a period of intense reconstruction, particularly in the capital, Mogadishu.[4][9]''

I'm sure you were trying to make some point, you're just not sure what it might be...

The dream of anarchist conservatives for America.

Somalia is an Islamic shit hole - more the dream of leftist scumbags.

I've never seen you "debate" anything.

You post talking points from the Soros hate sites, then when called on your bullshit, you hem, haw, and post MORE talking points.

About 70% of what you post is factually wrong. Another 20% is opinion, and the rest is just hatred spewed at the enemies of your shameful party.

From your reference.

''The politics of Somalia have gone through various periods of change. Following the outbreak of the civil war and the ensuing collapse of the Siad Barre regime in the early 1990s, Somalia's residents reverted to local forms of conflict resolution, consisting of civil law, religious law and customary law. A few autonomous regions, including the Somaliland, Puntland and Galmudug administrations, emerged in the north in the ensuing process of decentralization. The early 2000s saw the creation of fledgling interim federal administrations. The Transitional National Government (TNG) was established in 2000 followed by the formation of its successor the Transitional Federal Government (TFG) in 2004, which reestablished national institutions such as the Military of Somalia.[1][2][3] In 2006, the TFG, assisted by Ethiopian troops, assumed control of most of the nation's southern conflict zones from the newly formed Islamic Courts Union (ICU). The ICU subsequently splintered into more radical groups such as Al-Shabaab, which battled the TFG and its AMISOM allies for control of the region,[1] with the insurgents losing most of the territory that they had seized by mid-2012. In 2011-2012, a Roadmap political process providing clear benchmarks leading toward the establishment of permanent democratic institutions was launched.[4] Within this administrative framework, a new Provisional Constitution was passed in August 2012,[5][6] which designates Somalia as a federation.[7] Following the end of the TFG's interim mandate the same month, the Federal Government of Somalia, the first permanent central government in the country since the start of the civil war, was also formed.[8] The nation has concurrently experienced a period of intense reconstruction, particularly in the capital, Mogadishu.[4][9]''

I'm sure you were trying to make some point, you're just not sure what it might be...

The dream of anarchist conservatives for America.

Somalia is an Islamic shit hole - more the dream of leftist scumbags.

Problematic Muslims are extreme right wingers. Same as dixiecrats.

I've never seen you "debate" anything.

You post talking points from the Soros hate sites, then when called on your bullshit, you hem, haw, and post MORE talking points.

About 70% of what you post is factually wrong. Another 20% is opinion, and the rest is just hatred spewed at the enemies of your shameful party.

One would think that you'd have some evidence that what you want to be true actually was.

One would think that you'd have some evidence that what you want to be true actually was.

I am aware that you are poorly educated.

I'm not just picking apart your inability to construct a sentence, but highlighting the fact that you are not capable of rational thought.

The gobbledygook you posted above is typical of your posting; meaningless and self-contradictory.

1. What is it I want to be true?
  2. If it is merely a "want," how could there be evidence?
  3. If there is evidence, then it becomes a statement of fact.
  4. Where is the indication that what a allegedly want is not fact?

I'll have to admit that whoever is paying PMZ to be their seminar poster to distrupt the thread are definitely getting their money's worth. Can we next expect him to be elected to the U.S. Senate as a professional fillibuster-er?

He is bound to take some time off eventually and then maybe the rest of us will have opportunity to actually discuss what a 'fair share' of taxes actually might be.

I am aware that you are poorly educated.

I'm not just picking apart your inability to construct a sentence, but highlighting the fact that you are not capable of rational thought.

The gobbledygook you posted above is typical of your posting; meaningless and self-contradictory.

1. What is it I want to be true?
  2. If it is merely a "want," how could there be evidence?
  3. If there is evidence, then it becomes a statement of fact.
  4. Where is the indication that what a allegedly want is not fact?

Is there anybody who cares what you think about anything?

I can't imagine it.

But, if I'm wrong, he's a fine example of businesses leaders who may have enriched themselves, but only at the expense of everyone else. Wealth sewers, not creators.

His problem is that he knows little about economics, and it's mostly wrong.

So people only get rich "at the expense of everyone else"?
Who did Nancy Pelosi and John Kerry fuck in the ass after their wealth went over 100 million?

Wealth creates demand for that wealth and that creates jobs.
How else are jobs created?

Forum List

Back