[POLL] - Liberals, how much is a "fair share?" - Taxes

What's the "fair share?"

• Total voters
You often make good debating points but then ruin them by childish use of words like 'dipshit' and 'asshole'. Why do you do it? It just make you look stupid and deters potential friends from supporting you.

Why do you let words like that offend you?

Are you an "asshole" or a "dipshit"?

People like you are part of the problem. You're so worried about being offended that you disregard the message.

I use the same lingo as Bripat when talking with liberals because it has been my experience that most are assholes and/or dipshits.

Vulgarities don't offend me. But when they are used by people broadly on my side of an argument they worry me. Because they make my potential allies seem ignorant and linguistically challenged; quite unable to make a point in an interesting, intelligent or even amusing way. By using the same 'lingo' you drag down your apparent IQ by ten percentage points. You diminish yourself not the person you are addressing.

IQ is subjective.

I win debates by focusing on the meat of the message not the delivery and by backing up my argument with facts and not allowing my emotions to control me.

Why worry about what others do, think or feel?

That PC bullshit is in lock step with liberal thinking. Don't allow yourself to stoop that low. Be a man and rise above the petty vulgarities and win the argument using your knowledge backed with facts and if you throw in a "asshole, idiot, moron and/or dipshit", so be it.

Why do you let words like that offend you?

Are you an "asshole" or a "dipshit"?

People like you are part of the problem. You're so worried about being offended that you disregard the message.

I use the same lingo as Bripat when talking with liberals because it has been my experience that most are assholes and/or dipshits.

Vulgarities don't offend me. But when they are used by people broadly on my side of an argument they worry me. Because they make my potential allies seem ignorant and linguistically challenged; quite unable to make a point in an interesting, intelligent or even amusing way. By using the same 'lingo' you drag down your apparent IQ by ten percentage points. You diminish yourself not the person you are addressing.

IQ is subjective.

I win debates by focusing on the meat of the message not the delivery and by backing up my argument with facts and not allowing my emotions to control me.

Why worry about what others do, think or feel?

That PC bullshit is in lock step with liberal thinking. Don't allow yourself to stoop that low. Be a man and rise above the petty vulgarities and win the argument using your knowledge backed with facts and if you throw in a "asshole, idiot, moron and/or dipshit", so be it.

When did you ever win a debate? I call BS.

Only if you are a country hating conservative. And that's why they fail so badly at governance.

That's crap and can you even try to think beyond meaningless labels?
My business doesn't owe you anything. All I have to do is live up to my responsibilities for my tenants. If you are not one of my tenants I don't owe you shit and neither does any other company that you have nothing to do with.

Shows how much you know about investing. The most successful investors buy and hold.

Only? That choice is the ultimate power. And there are many things being sold today that people can do without. It's that they don't want to do without that makes most people live beyond their means and whose fault is that?

So CEOs today are really not accountable to anyone except their buddies on the board and that's a big reason why business has failed us so badly lately.

They are accountable to the board and the shareholders just like they always have been. Nothing's changed there. No business is accountable to you personally unless you have a stake in it.

I'm willing to bet you don't have a stake in every business in the country or even a couple for that matter.

I know success. It's a great teacher for those who learn. Then there are those that think that the world owes them whatever they want.

You mean like you? The rich owe you something. Businesses owe you something. Everyone else is keeping you down denying you your right to succeed and they must be punished with punitive taxes.

You're the parasite that feels entitled to other peoples' money.

Conservatism dragged America down but not out and we are recovering despite you.

And we will continue to leave you behind.

Again boiling down the world to "liberal" or "conservative"

It must be hard to be so limited in your thinking.

I have read your posts before. I knew you had a reading comprehension problem but wtf.

You can't or didn't read the part about getting rid of the EIC? Do you know what the EIC is?

You can't read or didn't read the part about getting rid of the mortgage interest deduction?

I think you agree with the last thing I wrote. You and your kind don't really want to do anything about the debt. You all just want to bitch about it.

That sound about right to you?

eliminating EIC is a good idea, we agree.

the mortgage interest deduction exists as an incentive for people to own their homes rather than renting. It is a positive thing for the country.

I have said many times that govt spending should be cut across the board by 1/4 to 1/3. Cut every agency and program by the same %. balance spending to income.

collecting more taxes is not the answer, unless you think that govt can spend YOUR money better than you can.

and grow with the juvenile insults, it makes you look like a fool.

And here in is the reason people like me consider people like you a hypocrite.

You want to do anything with the massive Federal debt was the question. My suggestion had everyone feeling pain. Poor, middle, rich.
Yet you are only ok with taking away from those with the least. But don't take away YOUR home interest deduction. You like it.

Hypocrite is the word for sure.

And don't give me that bullshit that its "good for the country". Why is it the governments responsibility to worry about the private housing market? Thought you repubs wanted your "freedom from the hated government".

Just don't take away your tax goodies eh?

Hypocrite be the right wingers.

The solution to the Bush debt is very simple and obvious.

Business growth. Improvements in who and how businesses are run. Accountability of executives for growth, not laying people off and sending their jobs overseas. A return to competent, accountable management.

Clintonomics.

If the first 10hrs of work was taxed at 50%, the second 10hrs was taxed at 25%, the third 10hrs at 10%, the fourth 10hrs at 5%, and any hours over 40 were not taxed I'd work 60hrs a week.

If the first 10hrs of work was taxed at 0%, the second 10hrs was taxed at 5%, the third 10hrs at 10%, the fourth 10hrs at 25%, any hours over 40 were taxed at 50%, and anyone only working 10hrs was paid 10hrs for free. I'd work 10hrs hrs a week.

You didn't answer my question.

Yes, I did. If you can't see your 50% tax rate in my response, I can't help you, you need glasses.

I'll leave you with some sayings to consider.

1) Don't piss in the wind.
2) When sailing it's easier to sail downwind than up-wind.
3) It's easier to dig a hole if you toss the sand out of the pit.
4) If you want a dog to bark at intruders you don't kick him when he barks.

Your cures are what caused America's economic problems to begin with. And slowed Europe's recover from the Bush Great Recession. Only fools would fall for any of that again.

Business leaders need to come in from their country clubs, sell their yachts and get to work earning their lavish pay.

Economic growth is the only solution. If the present business crew can't do it, I'm sure that we can find leaders who can.

Just ignore the Democrat controlled Congress that authorized it and the many Democrats that supported it.

As you Repubs like to remind everyone and of course I agree. The buck stops at the White House. For both a Repub President and a Dem President. That's why they are the leaders of their respective parties. To take the blame and the credit.

And of course you want to shift the blame for the disaster known as Iraq, as far away from the Repubs as possible. You all have been doing that ever since it was known that the war in Iraq was a bad bad mistake.

Why are you repubs not PROUD of the disaster in Iraq. You all wanted it so bad that you sold the idea of invading Iraq to the rest of the country. Be proud of your mistakes. After all, you break it, you own it. (who said that)?

You agree? I have yet to see you hold Obama accountable for anything.

FTR I was against the Iraq war. But I supported the troops that were ordered to go there.

I held Obama accountable for the ending of and recovery from Bush's policies. For ending Bush's wars. For re-establishing America's rightful place among nations. For standing up to the Republican 's attempts to hijack Congress. For tackling our way too expensive and underperforming health care delivery and insurance non-system. For eliminating bin Laden. For saving America's auto industry. For soundly defeating Romney/Ryan. For substantially lowering our deficits. For ending conservatives reign of terror in America.

If the first 10hrs of work was taxed at 50%, the second 10hrs was taxed at 25%, the third 10hrs at 10%, the fourth 10hrs at 5%, and any hours over 40 were not taxed I'd work 60hrs a week.

If the first 10hrs of work was taxed at 0%, the second 10hrs was taxed at 5%, the third 10hrs at 10%, the fourth 10hrs at 25%, any hours over 40 were taxed at 50%, and anyone only working 10hrs was paid 10hrs for free. I'd work 10hrs hrs a week.

Yes, I did. If you can't see your 50% tax rate in my response, I can't help you, you need glasses.

This is really all you are capable of?

eliminating EIC is a good idea, we agree.

the mortgage interest deduction exists as an incentive for people to own their homes rather than renting. It is a positive thing for the country.

I have said many times that govt spending should be cut across the board by 1/4 to 1/3. Cut every agency and program by the same %. balance spending to income.

collecting more taxes is not the answer, unless you think that govt can spend YOUR money better than you can.

and grow with the juvenile insults, it makes you look like a fool.

You want to do anything with the massive Federal debt was the question. My suggestion had everyone feeling pain. Poor, middle, rich.
Yet you are only ok with taking away from those with the least. But don't take away YOUR home interest deduction. You like it.

And don't give me that bullshit that its "good for the country". Why is it the governments responsibility to worry about the private housing market? Thought you repubs wanted your "freedom from the hated government".

Business growth. Improvements in who and how businesses are run. Accountability of executives for growth, not laying people off and sending their jobs overseas. A return to competent, accountable management.

Clintonomics.

No job has ever "been sent" overseas.
YOU demanded they leave when you buy the shoes on your feet right now. You have a choice and YOU chose to have the shoes made in another country where someone with a 4th grade education can be taught to make them.
Called a global economy where an American worker with a high school diploma that wants $25 a hour in wages and benefits as a "living wage" CAN NOT compete with the competition of that Chinaman with a 4th grade education making the shoes.
Add in the anti business climate of the current administration, the high taxes and the growth of the moocher class no way YOU will pay $160 for a pair of shoes you now pay $45 for made in China.
This is a good thing as Americans need to get off their asses, educate themselves in the tech jobs where there is massive growth and fill the millions of jobs we have now unfilled in HVAC, plumbing, tool and die, auto mechanics and 3 dozen other technical jobs taught at vocational schools.
Or sit and cry about how it is unfair that someone that educates themselves in what the economy here DEMANDS, finds a job that the consumer DEMANDS and from working their ass off makes a dollar more than you.

:lmao:

Why does the word "Marxist" bother you, comrade? It's accurate, so what's the issue with it?

It's not at all accurate. It's what you wish was true.

Wrong again. Actually I wish people who live in the greatest, richest, freest country in the history of man would appreciate what capitalism, which is simply economic freedom, has brought us and they were not consumed in greed and wealth envy like you are.

I believe in equal opportunity. You believe in equal results. You don't care how big the pie is or the amount of pie you get, you just want to have all the slices the same size, except for your leaders who get big slabs for the sacrifice they have to make to have ubiquitous power.

You question how much a CEO contributes to the economy, you do not question how much a politician destroys the economy. Most CEOs are good. The bad ones lose their jobs. Bad politicians preaching greed and wealth envy get elected to a second term as President.

Good enough post. Except for the 'richest' delusion. No other country ever has been so deeply in debt to others than the US is now. Being flat broke is one thing; having stupendous debts is something else.

If voters understood that the US is poor they might possibly choose different politicians.

Clintonomics.

YOU demanded they leave when you buy the shoes on your feet right now. You have a choice and YOU chose to have the shoes made in another country where someone with a 4th grade education can be taught to make them.
Called a global economy where an American worker with a high school diploma that wants $25 a hour in wages and benefits as a "living wage" CAN NOT compete with the competition of that Chinaman with a 4th grade education making the shoes.
Add in the anti business climate of the current administration, the high taxes and the growth of the moocher class no way YOU will pay $160 for a pair of shoes you now pay $45 for made in China.
This is a good thing as Americans need to get off their asses, educate themselves in the tech jobs where there is massive growth and fill the millions of jobs we have now unfilled in HVAC, plumbing, tool and die, auto mechanics and 3 dozen other technical jobs taught at vocational schools.
Or sit and cry about how it is unfair that someone that educates themselves in what the economy here DEMANDS, finds a job that the consumer DEMANDS and from working their ass off makes a dollar more than you.

Bull shit. When a company like GM, shuts down a plant in Ohio and opens a plant in Mexico making the exact same parts, maybe the job didn't go "overseas" but the jobs sure as hell left the country.

And just where are those millions of jobs in the construction, tool and die and auto mechanics fields. How do people get trained for them and who pays for that training. Or is the training one of those "freebies" you right wingers get so upset about? Then you all would be complaining about how those leeches are getting free training. Or bitching about the fact they can't borrow money to pay for their own training.

So tell all how that training for jobs works. There are not many companies out there offering apprenticeships anymore.

Your cures are what caused America's economic problems to begin with. And slowed Europe's recover from the Bush Great Recession. Only fools would fall for any of that again.

Business leaders need to come in from their country clubs, sell their yachts and get to work earning their lavish pay.

Economic growth is the only solution. If the present business crew can't do it, I'm sure that we can find leaders who can.

Liar. My proposal has never been done. Never.

Are you able to fashion a comprehensible sentence?

Clintonomics.

What customers DEMAND is what companies offer. Customers don't design products. The fact that American business leadership has lost the handle on innovation, and can only think of me too products at costs that can only be met by starvation wages, is the problem.

When the fat cats in the front office get off their butts and realize that their job is to grow, satisfy more customers, and the only way to do that is proud, inspired, capable employees, then we will get back to the American dream.

Growth. The business of business. What conservatives killed. Can be resuscitated.

We, the people need to hold people who call themselves leaders and demand lavish pay, accountable for something beyond the failure that you describe.

Clintonomics.

What customers DEMAND is what companies offer. Customers don't design products. The fact that American business leadership has lost the handle on innovation, and can only think of me too products at costs that can only be met by starvation wages, is the problem.

When the fat cats in the front office get off their butts and realize that their job is to grow, satisfy more customers, and the only way to do that is proud, inspired, capable employees, then we will get back to the American dream.

Growth. The business of business. What conservatives killed. Can be resuscitated.

We, the people need to hold people who call themselves leaders and demand lavish pay, accountable for something beyond the failure that you describe.

You are an ignoramus.

It's not at all accurate. It's what you wish was true.

Wrong again. Actually I wish people who live in the greatest, richest, freest country in the history of man would appreciate what capitalism, which is simply economic freedom, has brought us and they were not consumed in greed and wealth envy like you are.

I believe in equal opportunity. You believe in equal results. You don't care how big the pie is or the amount of pie you get, you just want to have all the slices the same size, except for your leaders who get big slabs for the sacrifice they have to make to have ubiquitous power.

You question how much a CEO contributes to the economy, you do not question how much a politician destroys the economy. Most CEOs are good. The bad ones lose their jobs. Bad politicians preaching greed and wealth envy get elected to a second term as President.

Good enough post. Except for the 'richest' delusion. No other country ever has been so deeply in debt to others than the US is now. Being flat broke is one thing; having stupendous debts is something else.

If voters understood that the US is poor they might possibly choose different politicians.

How about the European countries that swallowed the austerity pill?

The Bush debt is a load that there is one solution to. GDP. The business of business

The Bush debt is a load that there is one solution to. GDP. The business of business

Get back on your meds, you have gone off the deep end.

Are you able to fashion a comprehensible sentence?

Are you capable of a cogent thought?

You are an ignoramus.

And you claim to be one of the failed business leaders with zero comprehension of how economies really work.

Liar. My proposal has never been done. Never.

There's a reason for that. It's merely a scheme to make the poor poorer and therefore supportive of conservative's march to create a banana republic from the largest economy in the world.

Get back on your meds, you have gone off the deep end.

Another contentless post. Is there no end?

Forum List

Back