[POLL] - Liberals, how much is a "fair share?" - Taxes

What's the "fair share?"

• Total voters
It's written in the same place where 4 or 5 people that never worked a day in their lives can have more wealth than the bottom 130 million people in this country.

There is no such place. These 4-5 people you refer to worked 16 hours a day for their entire lives. They aren't trust fund babies, and they don't have near as much money as you claim. They also provide jobs for hundreds of thousands of people.

You're just an envious prehensile moron.

This is a country where politicians promise anything to their base during election season but in reality they're for sale to the wealthiest among us, which will get worse because of the supremes freeing up money that corporations can use to influence politics and elections. This ungodly inequality of wealth could be slowly changed by taxpayer only funded elections.

So you prefer a situation where politicians promise anything to the rabble, and then feel free to deliver on their promises?

Yeah, we know you do. That's what civilized people call "mob rule" and "organized plunder." You would like to remove all obstacles to the process, right?

You think that the poor need to support the wealthy. Why? Because anyone who's wealthy is superior?

Uh . . . . no. Where have I said that? I think no one should have to pay taxes to fund the campaign of a scumbag whom they despise.

That's not my experience. Mostly they are exactly like you. Assholes full of self importance.

I like workers better.

Only an asshole would assume other people are assholes simply because they made a lot of money.

It's written in the same place where 4 or 5 people that never worked a day in their lives can have more wealth than the bottom 130 million people in this country.

There is no such place. These 4-5 people you refer to worked 16 hours a day for their entire lives. They aren't trust fund babies, and they don't have near as much money as you claim. They also provide jobs for hundreds of thousands of people.

This is a country where politicians promise anything to their base during election season but in reality they're for sale to the wealthiest among us, which will get worse because of the supremes freeing up money that corporations can use to influence politics and elections. This ungodly inequality of wealth could be slowly changed by taxpayer only funded elections.

So you prefer a situation where politicians promise anything to the rabble, and then feel free to deliver on their promises?

Yeah, we know you do. That's what civilized people call "mob rule" and "organized plunder." You would like to remove all obstacles to the process, right?

I'd like to remove all obstacles to democracy. Government of, by, and for we, the people.

So you think we should have a popular vote on whether the government can censor books and newspapers? How about putting the exercise of religion up to a popular vote?

The last thing this country needs is more democracy.

Is your question, as a moral, responsible human being, why do people live cooperatively and collaboratively?

I was always taught that it's because we're moral, responsible human beings, and not monkeys.

No. The question is, why is it you think you have the right to make someone else responsible for you having a enough to live on?

Because humanity solves problems. Not merely and meekly accepts them.

And the human experience has shown that solving problems requires cooperation, collaboration, education, responsibility and accountability.

Can it be helpful and efficient? Sure. But if you fall on hard times for whatever reason, like it or not, you don't have the right to force me or anyone else to help you. We were founded on the concept of individual liberty. Not communal liberty. If you have the right to obligate someone else to your survival then there is no individual liberty. This doesn't mean people can't or shouldn't help other people. It simply means you don't have the right to force anyone to help you.

Last edited:
The same folks that do not want to listen to someone else's religious beliefs will force the government to steal their money and pass it to them.

Laws that are Constitutional are enforceable. If you are unable to fill out a 1040, don't. The government will let you know what the consequences will be. Total freedom. You get to choose.

Leftism is ultimately a hatred of life, a manifestation of the contempt and ill-will one has for their fellow man. Looting and mooching are based on the contempt for the efforts and intellect of others, the disdain leftists have for creation and production. And of course the death camps, gulags, and killing fields that are ALWAYS part of leftism frame this hatred.

Abortion then, is a perfect issue for the left - the slaughter of people in their most vulnerable state. And Roe V. Wade is the perfect law of the left; a law created by unelected jurists with no authority to create law in direct defiance of the United States Constitution.

As the court crafted this law, they contrived a "right to privacy" to justify their unconstitutional legislation. Ask any leftist to point to this alleged right in the Constitution, and they will be unable to point to any such provision.

Some will ignorantly point to the 4th Amendment, but this reads;

{The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.}

Nothing about a right to kill your offspring at a public clinic - rather it is a restraint on search and seizure (which Obama and the left flagrantly violate on a daily basis.)

However, if one (not you PMZ, someone with an IQ about 12) reads the 4th, one can't help but question on what grounds you can be compelled, without warrant, to report to our overlords every detail of our lives. Where we work, where we worship, what out sexual arrangements are, what the results of sex are (children), who we donate to (so the IRS can attack opponents of the party), where we live, how much we pay to live there, etc.

In all, we are required by the threat of violence to divulge EVERY aspect of our lives. Yet leftists claim a right to privacy, whilst not only NOT opposing this, but supporting it. Clearly leftists have no care for privacy - and have utter contempt for civil rights - but they love abortion, the chance to kill humans.

The 1040 form violates the 4th amendment - this is a matter of irrefutable fact.

I think one thing both "libs" and "conservatives" can agree on in tax policy is the elimination of the tax-exemption on municipal bonds. These bonds fund some of the most idiotic projects imaginable.
All these sport stadiums are generally funded with them which amounts to welfare for the rich. Many idiotic convention centers that will never be filled to capacity are funded with them. And it would be a simple piece of legislation without having to rewrite the whole tax code.

No. The question is, why is it you think you have the right to make someone else responsible for you having a enough to live on?

Because humanity solves problems. Not merely and meekly accepts them.

And the human experience has shown that solving problems requires cooperation, collaboration, education, responsibility and accountability.

Can it be helpful and efficient? Sure. But if you fall on hard times for whatever reason, like it or not, you don't have the right to force me or anyone else to help you. We were founded on the concept of individual liberty. Not communal liberty. If you have the right to obligate someone else to your survival then there is no individual liberty. This doesn't mean people can't or shouldn't help other people. It simply means you don't have the right to force anyone to help you.

You can choose to manage your anger issue. Stop being so self centered and give rather than take. Simple.

And stop being a control freak.

All of the laws on the books today are enforceable. So your long speeches that boil down to, if I were king, are not enforceable or even relevant to anything.

Mental masturbation.

Get a life.

How much does it cost the taxpayer to stabilize Exxon's oil fields in the middle east?

Exxon doesn't have any oil fields in the Middle East, dolt. The oil fields are all owned by the governments of the countries where they are located. Right out of the starting gate you only manage to demonstrate that you're an ignoramus.

How much does an advanced industrial infrastructure cost? How many subsidies and bailouts do corporations draw from the state?

That industrial infrastructure provides the state's revenue, dolt. Where do you think the state gets the money it spends?

Not 1/100 of what all that cost the taxpayers.

Almost nothing.

Again, almost nothing.

Private companies run credit markets. The government doesn't spend a dime. In fact, private credit markets allow the government to borrow trillions of dollars every year.

You've already covered that issue, moron.

The remainder ignored as more of the same horseshit.

Can you effectively address the fairness of the tax rate without being able to itemize what the wealthy get from government.

Most of the money government spends benefits the poor and the middle class. The wealthy don't need 99% of what government provides.

(God help us.)

Yes, God save us from sheer deliberate ignorance such as yours.

" Most of the money government spends benefits the poor and the middle class. The wealthy don't need 99% of what government provides."

The wealthy don't need the military? The FDA? The FAA? The FCC?, the CDC? Interstate Highways.

Man you are dumb.

The attitude depict in your posts.

If I ran my business like you say, I'd be broke. You know, like Obama did to the country. The difference is I can't go to my customers and take their money with guns.

I don't know your business but there are certainly ruthless but rich businessmen. Bernie Madoff comes to mind and there are certainly many more like him that haven't been caught.

When's the last you had a armed Fed at your house collecting taxes?

What difference does it make if the guns are "at" my house?

Laws that are Constitutional are enforceable. If you are unable to fill out a 1040, don't. The government will let you know what the consequences will be. Total freedom. You get to choose.

Leftism is ultimately a hatred of life, a manifestation of the contempt and ill-will one has for their fellow man. Looting and mooching are based on the contempt for the efforts and intellect of others, the disdain leftists have for creation and production. And of course the death camps, gulags, and killing fields that are ALWAYS part of leftism frame this hatred.

Abortion then, is a perfect issue for the left - the slaughter of people in their most vulnerable state. And Roe V. Wade is the perfect law of the left; a law created by unelected jurists with no authority to create law in direct defiance of the United States Constitution.

As the court crafted this law, they contrived a "right to privacy" to justify their unconstitutional legislation. Ask any leftist to point to this alleged right in the Constitution, and they will be unable to point to any such provision.

{The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.}

Nothing about a right to kill your offspring at a public clinic - rather it is a restraint on search and seizure (which Obama and the left flagrantly violate on a daily basis.)

However, if one (not you PMZ, someone with an IQ about 12) reads the 4th, one can't help but question on what grounds you can be compelled, without warrant, to report to our overlords every detail of our lives. Where we work, where we worship, what out sexual arrangements are, what the results of sex are (children), who we donate to (so the IRS can attack opponents of the party), where we live, how much we pay to live there, etc.

In all, we are required by the threat of violence to divulge EVERY aspect of our lives. Yet leftists claim a right to privacy, whilst not only NOT opposing this, but supporting it. Clearly leftists have no care for privacy - and have utter contempt for civil rights - but they love abortion, the chance to kill humans.

The 1040 form violates the 4th amendment - this is a matter of irrefutable fact.

I had a response figured out agreeing with you that there is no right to privacy. But it seems to me (and I'm really looking for a good counter argument here), it does look like the 4th amendment can't exist without an implied right to privacy. If the government can't search your person or property without reasonable cause that would mean they can search you without reasonable cause if there were no 4th amendment. That is the government could search you, spy on you, whenever they wanted doesn't it?

That said what privacy has to do with the legality of abortion, I have no idea.

Last edited:

I'd like to remove all obstacles to democracy. Government of, by, and for we, the people.

So you think we should have a popular vote on whether the government can censor books and newspapers? How about putting the exercise of religion up to a popular vote?

The last thing this country needs is more democracy.

Spoken like a true tyrant.

The same folks that do not want to listen to someone else's religious beliefs will force the government to steal their money and pass it to them.

I just cannot understand why any of you live here another minute. It's a free market. Move to a better country.

Did you report this to the Supreme Court?

If I ran my business like you say, I'd be broke. You know, like Obama did to the country. The difference is I can't go to my customers and take their money with guns.

I don't know your business but there are certainly ruthless but rich businessmen. Bernie Madoff comes to mind and there are certainly many more like him that haven't been caught.

You said that the government took your money with guns.

You said that the government took your money with guns.

Right, what about that confuses you?

Forum List

Back