[POLL] - Liberals, how much is a "fair share?" - Taxes

What's the "fair share?"

• Total voters
$109,703.86 per year average income.

The gross domestic product for 2012 was $15684.80 billion.

There were 142,974,000 people employed.

So, the average income should be $109,703.86 per year.

That is exactly what it should be.

So, that would be the "fair share" number. $109,703.86 per year average income.

What definition of 'fair' does that fit? That everyone should be alotted the same amount of money regardless of their contribution? That meets no definition of fair I've ever heard.

a good site to go to to see all the corporate welfare that goes on is fieldofschemes. This site talks about all the idiotic government funding of sports stadiums. Government s dont need to be funding sports stadiums, I think the vast majority of both "left" and "right" can agree on that.

Private citizens aren't required to be "accountable' to anyone except under a tyranny.

This is plain old irresponsibility. Conservative entitlement thinking. Living in the greatest country in the word for free and without obligation.

You display the totalitarian attitude to a 'T', brainiac. All dictators believe citizens who fail to obey orders are "irresponsible." However, in a free country, citizens only have the responsibilities they agree to. Believe it nor not, starting a business doesn't make you responsible to some blowhard politicians.

If it were up to me you'd be on a boat out.

I'm sure I would be, or better yet sent to a reeducation camp where I'll learn my "responsibilities," eh Colonel Klink?

The prototypical taker.

Businesses have to follow the law like everyone else. What stops you from making money regardless of the cost to anyone else?

The good sense to know that businesses grow best by focusing on employees and customers and products. It's not possible to be successful by cutting costs.

I would argue with that. Cutting costs is what mass production is all about.

Why do you think the rules should be any different for business than they are for you?

Mass production follows mass demand which follows product innovation. Are you sure that you ever worked in business?

BriPat loves to show off ignorance. He sees no problem with the one rule, make more money regardless of the cost to others. He thinks that society would be fine with that one rule. One law. Nothing else required. As long as everyone is screwing everyone else, civilization is optimized.

The smallest amount of freedom we have ever experienced was in the cave days. Yet that's what we chose to leave. And what conservatives want to return to.

We have hundreds of thousands of pages of rules called "The Federal Register." But here you are babbling on as if there are no rules. Which rules do you imagine businesses don't follow, the ones actually on the books or the ones you just made up in your head?

No, you are babbling on that there should be no rules.

These are the same folks that support "health care is a right" as John Lewis stated the other day. Now excuse me John as I respect the hell out of you as a true American hero. You stood face to face with Bull Connor and had your head bashed in, you defeated the liar Julian Bond here years ago in the face of him and his cronies labeling you "Buckwheat" but you are wrong on this.
Forcing others to provide their skill set to others and the tests and procedures that may go along with it for nothing because it is determined that is a right is false.

List again the benefits of an unhealthy population. I keep forgetting them.

What definition of 'fair' does that fit? That everyone should be alotted the same amount of money regardless of their contribution? That meets no definition of fair I've ever heard.

Did you teach your kids that life is fair?

a good site to go to to see all the corporate welfare that goes on is fieldofschemes. This site talks about all the idiotic government funding of sports stadiums. Government s dont need to be funding sports stadiums, I think the vast majority of both "left" and "right" can agree on that.

Totally agree. There's a lot of welfare that needs to be curbed and crony capitalism welfare is definatly a big one.

I don't have children and though life is indeed not fair, that doesn't mean I have to allow or be okay with people taking what I've earned and give it to those that haven't.

I don't have children and though life is indeed not fair, that doesn't mean I have to allow or be okay with people taking what I've earned and give it to those that haven't.

There is your answer then. Life is not fair. Stop expecting it to be.

Because you're unable to understand US Law.

You can have a different Constitution by amending the present one.

Stop whining and get to work.

Honey, the separation of powers, checks and balances, and protections against conflicts of interest under the Constitution have already been BYPASSED by Corporations that abuse both individual rights and collective influence/authority/resources AT THE SAME TIME.

The legal and legislative systems have been bought out and corrupted because of this monopoly tied in with lawyers/judges that there is not enough check on.

Wake up. We might be able to clarify and add laws to check these Corporations and the legal system by requiring Corporations and large organizations to abide by the same Bill of Rights and Code of Ethics as govt when they apply to be licensed by govt to operate.

If we required the legal system to resolve conflicts by consensus where there was restitution paid to the victims and to taxpayers for the costs of resolving charges and claims, including restitution to taxpayers for govt abuses of authority and resources,
then maybe we could get out of the mess we're in.

Sitting around waiting for other people to fix things is letting Corporations continue to take advantage of the fact we are divided by party. So the first step is to quit that, so these third parties profiting from the conflict don't keep making money off problems and charging taxpayers for the cost.

The Constitution is the bylaws for government. The body of law legislated by Congress over the years is what defines legal behavior for people and organizations.

And people and organizations constantly challenge that law and that’s why enforcement is such a huge expense (read big government) for us. The only thing more expensive would be not enforcing our laws.

As I said before, the biggest problems of today are in the business sector achieving growth. They've lost the handle and presently we're losing to global competition.

It will be a race between business finding growth again and our deteriorating society. Every year of deterioration will make the business challenge more difficult.

An MBA is a degree for dummies. Until we are allowed to question the quality of the human materials that provide the main support for these economic structures, we won't be able to understand why they collapse.

Seriously PMZ, you have no self awareness at all. You play childish word games, then when I do them back to you, you don't get it.

The first three words of the Constitution are "We The People." Not we the courts, we the lawyers, or anyone else telling you what you want to hear that justifies turning a limited government into the limitless authoritarian one that you crave so you can make everyone's decisions for them.

You keep saying that your ideas about the constitution are supreme. That's the shtick of every tyrannical government.

I say let's stick to the source of freedom, democracy.

In a republic, the 1% only have to bribe a few hundred people.

In a democracy, they would have to bribe a few hundred million people. Even they can't afford that. The billions they put into education and the media are not wasted, but that's only because the people are already demoralized from living in a republic. Hopelessness makes their minds easy pickings.

Seriously PMZ, you have no self awareness at all. You play childish word games, then when I do them back to you, you don't get it.

The first three words of the Constitution are "We The People." Not we the courts, we the lawyers, or anyone else telling you what you want to hear that justifies turning a limited government into the limitless authoritarian one that you crave so you can make everyone's decisions for them.

You keep saying that your ideas about the constitution are supreme. That's the shtick of every tyrannical government.

I say let's stick to the source of freedom, democracy.

In a republic, the 1% only have to bribe a few hundred people.

In a democracy, they would have to bribe a few hundred million people. Even they can't afford that. The billions they put into education and the media are not wasted, but that's only because the people are already demoralized from living in a republic. Hopelessness makes their minds easy pickings.

The only thing that I'd add to your is that we are a Republic. We don't have a monarch. I think that your analogy is more accurately applied to a plutocracy or aristocracy. Rule by minority.

Forum List

Back