[POLL] - Liberals, how much is a "fair share?" - Taxes

What's the "fair share?"

• Total voters
Every Fair Tax proposal that I've seen would make our wealth distribution worse, and really offers no advantages over the present system.

That's because you don't want to work any more. You just want to sit back and collect.

You've lost it old man.

Didn't you just say you are 64 in another thread? Or did I confuse you with another lib?

That's because you don't want to work any more. You just want to sit back and collect.

You've lost it old man.

Didn't you just say you are 64 in another thread? Or did I confuse you with another lib?

I didn't say, but I'm older. More experienced than that. I've seen the full extent of the decline in the American dream due to conservatism. I remember the days of American pride and accomplishment. I know what conservatism has taken from the spirit of America. And I grieve. And I resist. I know what we can be and won't settle for less.

You've lost it old man.

I didn't say, but I'm older. More experienced than that. I've seen the full extent of the decline in the American dream due to conservatism. I remember the days of American pride and accomplishment. I know what conservatism has taken from the spirit of America. And I grieve. And I resist. I know what we can be and won't settle for less.

Then you won't personally benefit from high income taxes on the rich and no income taxes on the bottom 51%? You won't personally benefit from sticking with income taxes over switching to a national sales tax? You don't have any stake in this at all you are just trying to make sure the evil rich are punished for their sin of having more money than you?

Then you won't personally benefit from high income taxes on the rich and no income taxes on the bottom 51%? You won't personally benefit from sticking with income taxes over switching to a national sales tax? You don't have any stake in this at all you are just trying to make sure the evil rich are punished for their sin of having more money than you?

I have always felt privileged to be born in a great country. I have grandchildren to pass that privilege on to. I intend to. I don't know if they'll pursue great riches or great happiness. I hope happiness. But, whatever their personal choice is, I know that pursuing it in a great country will be advantageous to them compared to an average country. That's what I want to bequeath to them. A great country. Conservatives are standing in the way in search of an immediate benefit to them.

I say no.

I have always felt privileged to be born in a great country. I have grandchildren to pass that privilege on to. I intend to. I don't know if they'll pursue great riches or great happiness. I hope happiness. But, whatever their personal choice is, I know that pursuing it in a great country will be advantageous to them compared to an average country. That's what I want to bequeath to them. A great country. Conservatives are standing in the way in search of an immediate benefit to them.

I say no.

BULL SHIT Conservative majority are the ones fighting for a future for the country, the dem welfare crowd and a few dem and pub 1% ers are the ones sucking the countries life blood like vampires.

Last edited:

I say no.

BULL SHIT Conservative majority are the ones fighting for a future for the country, the dem welfare crowd and a few dem and pub 1% ers are the ones sucking the countries life blood like vampires.

The only evidence that you have to offer are the claims from Fox News. Republican propaganda. There is no conservative majority. You loose.

I say no.

The only evidence that you have to offer are the claims from Fox News. Republican propaganda. There is no conservative majority. You loose.

If I loose, we all loose. Well all but the 1%ers that are living off our labors.

Good question.

The flat tax has worked in other countries there is no reason it wouldn't work here.

The crybaby argument is that since the so called poor ( you know the almost 50% of Americans who don't have to pay income tax) would finally have to pay something it would ruin them.

Which other countries? Give us a list.

Flat Tax Is Fantasy In U.S. But Works Fine Behind Old Iron Curtain - Forbes

If I loose, we all loose. Well all but the 1%ers that are living off our labors.

No. You're living off middle class workers.

Good question.

The flat tax has worked in other countries there is no reason it wouldn't work here.

The crybaby argument is that since the so called poor ( you know the almost 50% of Americans who don't have to pay income tax) would finally have to pay something it would ruin them.

Which other countries? Give us a list.

Flat Tax Is Fantasy In U.S. But Works Fine Behind Old Iron Curtain - Forbes

What do you think that the wealth distribution was under the Communism of those countries?

What do you think that the wealth distribution was under the Communism of those countries?

wHAT'S THAT GOT TO DO WITH THE SUCCESS OF THE FLAT TAX IN THOSE COUNTRIES?

Because if the wealth distribution was flat, everyone the same, a Gini coefficient of 1, the purported goal of Communism, a flat tax would work fine.

Do you really believe the distribution of wealth in the former Soviet Union was flat?

If you do I have some swamp land in FL to talk to you about.

Because if the wealth distribution was flat, everyone the same, a Gini coefficient of 1, the purported goal of Communism, a flat tax would work fine.

Do you really believe the distribution of wealth in the former Soviet Union was flat?

Are you denying what I said? That it's the goal of Communism.

Are you denying what I said? That it's the goal of Communism.

And when has communism ever realized that goal?

Besides the flat tax isn't a wealth tax it is an income tax and we all know that income is not wealth.

No. You're living off middle class workers.

How am I doing that? Nearly all of my income is personal income.

Wealth is goods and services created by workers. Money is token wealth.

What goods and services do you as a worker produce?

Wrong, money is a representation of resources. Resources includes tangible and intangible resources such as natural resources, ideas, and goods & services produced by workers.

As a worker I'm the sole author of Custom Insurance and Financial software products in use today by hundreds of corporations. I've also participated in the creation of hundreds of goods and services that are used by hundreds of millions of people. On a side note, I'm the author of hundreds of patents. How about you, what have you done?

Last edited:
I have no idea what your first point is about.

My position is the same one that I've made several times.

Extreme wealth distribution is socially unstable. Aristocracy is always temporary.

Your argument is that the more government taxes the rich the better off we'll be especially the poor, right? Yes or No? If yes then why does that not also go for taxing the poor the same % on all income sources? Why not? If taxes are good for the rich why are taxes bad for the poor? Serious question. Isn't that money simply coming straight back to the poor anyways?

Taxes aren't good or bad. They are the cost of living in a well run country.

Extreme wealth distribution is dysfunctional economically and socially.

One factor in designing taxation systems is to manage wealth distribution while raising the income to fund government.

You with me so far?

The bold is flat out incorrect. Tax systems, no matter how you design it, does not flatten out income distribution. The distribution in this nation has nothing to do with tax structure. It has everything to do with modernization, automation, international trade policy and productivity. The fact that you think high taxes has a snowballs chance in hell of ‘flatting out’ income certainly explains a lot.

However, the distribution was NOT flat. It was far worse than we have it as a matter of fact. The richest might not have been as rich as our rich are BUT the poor were FAR FAR FAR worse than the poorest here. Something that many seem completely unable to grasp when looking at something as vapid as income distribution.

The distribution in those areas was not even close to 1 and that has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that flat taxes were successful in those areas. The current distribution has nothing to do with flat taxes. The entire point of flat taxes is that they take away the government social engineering. What you also seem to miss entirely7 is that most of your mega rich are ONLY that rich as a direct result of that engineering. You know what that means – your progressive tax code is at the heart of terrible income distributions.

Forum List

Back