[POLL] - Liberals, how much is a "fair share?" - Taxes

What's the "fair share?"

• Total voters
But please do try. Why would a 0 corporate tax rate spur consumer demand? Are they gonna send the consumer a check to buy product with? I mean explain WHY you think I would all of a sudden need to buy what ever product a company makes, just because the company won't pay any income tax.

Maybe you are talking about HUGE businesses like a GE or Cat. Aero space companies.
You know, companies that primarily do business with governments. Cool that these companies could get huge rewards from tax paid contracts and not pay ANY income tax on said profits back to the Treasury. I can see why the companies would like that program.

But it is utter bullshit and you know it.

As I predicted, neither end would like my opinion.

Always a good sign.

And my prediction is also true. You can't "explain" why your 0 corporate tax policy would work. To bad, I was hoping.

But every business leader I here talk about their business, not a ONE says taxes are their problem. You know what they say they lack Mac? DEMAND. How you gonna increase DEMAND for a companies product?

I disagree with your Keynesian premise.

Also, (a) I do this stuff for a living, and (b) I'm not a partisan ideologue, so why in the world would I burn even more time and effort trying to explain what I've already written to someone like you?

Calm down. My opinion is a pipe dream anyway, I recognize that. You're going to get what you want. Be a gracious winner.

As I predicted, neither end would like my opinion.

Always a good sign.

And my prediction is also true. You can't "explain" why your 0 corporate tax policy would work. To bad, I was hoping.

But every business leader I here talk about their business, not a ONE says taxes are their problem. You know what they say they lack Mac? DEMAND. How you gonna increase DEMAND for a companies product?

Also, (a) I do this stuff for a living, and (b) I'm not a partisan ideologue, so why in the world would I burn even more time and effort trying to explain what I've already written to someone like you?

Calm down. My opinion is a pipe dream anyway, I recognize that. You're going to get what you want. Be a gracious winner.

I am calm Mac. Well maybe a caffeine buzz. But I don't understand you Mac. You put an idea forth the you seem to believe would work and then can't put forth the effort to explain WHY your idea would work. Isn't that a little hard to understand?

if it is such a good idea, defend it. If you do this shit for a living, defending this idea should be a piece of cake.

And I never said you were partisan. But when you do posts like this, it seems like just what a partisan does. Make a claim, then be unable to back it up with facts and examples.

And talk about pipe dreams. Did you read mine? Eliminate the EIC. Eliminate the mortgage interest write off. Raise taxes on the ultra wealthy to 45%. All income to be taxed the same. etc etc. My pipe dream was way better than yours.

Ah well Ima gonna go work on a rental.

Increase FICA to 350? Rofl.
You gonna pay them three times more in ss or are you just stealing their money?

It is called "means testing". Read up on it. Not to hard to understand. Well, maybe for you it would be. But do try.

But if that's the only criticism you have..........must not be to bad of an idea.

So now SS is welfare? Are you retarded?

It is called "means testing". Read up on it. Not to hard to understand. Well, maybe for you it would be. But do try.

But if that's the only criticism you have..........must not be to bad of an idea.

So now SS is welfare? Are you retarded?

You "think" (I know you don't really) but you pretend to think. And now you think that FICA is what funds welfare?

You are not retarded. You are fuking stupid.

I am calm Mac. Well maybe a caffeine buzz. But I don't understand you Mac. You put an idea forth the you seem to believe would work and then can't put forth the effort to explain WHY your idea would work. Isn't that a little hard to understand?

if it is such a good idea, defend it. If you do this shit for a living, defending this idea should be a piece of cake.

And I never said you were partisan. But when you do posts like this, it seems like just what a partisan does. Make a claim, then be unable to back it up with facts and examples.

And talk about pipe dreams. Did you read mine? Eliminate the EIC. Eliminate the mortgage interest write off. Raise taxes on the ultra wealthy to 45%. All income to be taxed the same. etc etc. My pipe dream was way better than yours.

I'll be happy to describe why I won't bother trying to explain my point to you. It's also the same reason I don't bother getting too far in the weeds with any partisan ideologue, left or right, on any topic any more.

In my original post, I opined that a 0% domestic corporate tax rate would (a) spur domestic economic activity, (b) incentivize the re-patriation of American corporate money and (c) incentivize international capital at astounding rates.

Now, from your Keynesian point of view, you may have thought to yourself, "well yes, the extra cash flow would probably create more immediate business investment which would increase demand for products & services across the board at the corporate level leading to immediate job growth to keep up with the subsequent demand, and yes, the re-patriation of a couple trillion American corporate dollars would probably multiply that, and yes, international money would see what we're doing and jump all over it with both freakin' feet. But, in my estimation, that just wouldn't be enough and it's just better to stimulate our economy through the government with borrowed dollars". Something like that. Whatever.

But no, instead of recognizing any positive effects whatsoever of a 0% corporate tax rate, your response was that my thoughts were "utter bullshit and you know it".

Now why in the world would I continue that conversation?

As I said: You're going to get your way. Be a gracious winner.

Last edited:

It's called plunder. The libs claim retirees are entitled to SS benefits because they paid into the Ponzi scheme. That won't be true any longer when benefits no longer have any connection with contributions. It will just be another welfare program.

What is so hard about the "fair share" idea?

After cutting total Federal government expenses by 10%, it is the amount of tax dollars needed from the ultra wealthy to increase income to the point that the Treasury has a surplus at the end of each year.

And that number is????????????magic.

If I told ya I'd have to shoot me. Around 45% should do it. Combined with the cuts and the elimination of the EIC.

Never gonna happen.

Define ultra wealthy. Is that 90k, 150k, 250, a cool million? If our government wanted to take half of everyone's salary over a certain income level, why would anyone report income over that level? Anyone with half a brain would come up with ways to get compensation by other means.

Why do you think that anyone wants to play name that tune with you? The IRS defines everyone's share of what it costs to live here, and nobody is becoming poor in order to save on taxes. People who are addicted to wealth apparently still have what it takes to show off their ability to gather it up.

All of this noise is merely the never ending whining of those who want life to be easier.

Define ultra wealthy. Is that 90k, 150k, 250, a cool million? If our government wanted to take half of everyone's salary over a certain income level, why would anyone report income over that level? Anyone with half a brain would come up with ways to get compensation by other means.

There are certainly many wealthy criminals. That’s why we have law enforcement.

Yes, there are many wealthy criminals. Most of them are holding an office of one kind or another.

Yes. CEO, CFO, BOD member, investment counselor, etc.

Medieval serfs paid 30% of their production in taxes.

The upper middle class currently pay more than 50% when all taxes are added, and you want them to pay more?

What a thug.

I'll be happy to describe why I won't bother trying to explain my point to you. It's also the same reason I don't bother getting too far in the weeds with any partisan ideologue, left or right, on any topic any more.

In my original post, I opined that a 0% domestic corporate tax rate would (a) spur domestic economic activity, (b) incentivize the re-patriation of American corporate money and (c) incentivize international capital at astounding rates.

Now, from your Keynesian point of view, you may have thought to yourself, "well yes, the extra cash flow would probably create more immediate business investment which would increase demand for products & services across the board at the corporate level leading to immediate job growth to keep up with the subsequent demand, and yes, the re-patriation of a couple trillion American corporate dollars would probably multiply that, and yes, international money would see what we're doing and jump all over it with both freakin' feet. But, in my estimation, that just wouldn't be enough and it's just better to stimulate our economy through the government with borrowed dollars". Something like that. Whatever.

But no, instead of recognizing any positive effects whatsoever of a 0% corporate tax rate, your response was that my thoughts were "utter bullshit and you know it".

Because I think reducing tax revenue to the Federal government, via a 0% corporate tax rate,is a bad thing to do when you are worried about the amount of debt the country has, makes me a partisan?

Hell I thought that made me a Republican. Aren't you Republicans worried about the debt?
I am.

The upper middle class currently pay more than 50% when all taxes are added, and you want them to pay more?

What a thug.

The Founding Fathers rebelled against a government that was taking only 5% of their income in taxes. Now these libs are eager to have government take more than 50%. Taxation without representation is apparently preferable to taxation with representation.

What a thug.

Where one choses to live is, in today's world, mostly a free choice. Those of us who chose to live in the US have access to tons of global information on the cost and benefits of other alternatives, and we chose this one.

It's no less free a market than most, and we chose America.

Why do people whine so much about what's completely under their control?

Because I think reducing tax revenue to the Federal government, via a 0% corporate tax rate,is a bad thing to do when you are worried about the amount of debt the country has, makes me a partisan?

Hell I thought that made me a Republican. Aren't you Republicans worried about the debt?
I am.

We should all be worried about the debt in the face of some monstrous expenses that we have coming up in the fields of energy and extreme weather recovery and sea level rise mitigation.

There is only one solution and that is growing the economy, a difficult achievement made more so by Congressional Republicans dedicated to party over country.

Let's make things easier and replace them.

I am.

We should all be worried about the debt in the face of some monstrous expenses that we have coming up in the fields of energy and extreme weather recovery and sea level rise mitigation.

There is only one solution and that is growing the economy, a difficult achievement made more so by Congressional Republicans dedicated to party over country.

Replace them with WHO? No politician that does what I think needs to be done (end EIC, end mortgage interest deduction, raise taxes on the ultra wealthy, across the board spending cuts of 10% etc.) could talk about doing these things and be elected.

Hell, this fictional politician would probably be shot.

Yes, there are many wealthy criminals. Most of them are holding an office of one kind or another.

Yes. CEO, CFO, BOD member, investment counselor, etc.

No, the titles are Congressman, Senator, President, Mayor and Governor.

Explain to us the dynamics that, in your mind, led to only honest people in business, and only dishonest people in government.

And more importantly, how you were led to believe that is true.

I am.

Replace them with WHO? No politician that does what I think needs to be done (end EIC, end mortgage interest deduction, raise taxes on the ultra wealthy, across the board spending cuts of 10% etc.) could talk about doing these things and be elected.

Hell, this fictional politician would probably be shot.

I've found that things that work, are easily sold to reasonable people. If I have taken a position that most reasonable people resist, it's time to listen and figure out why.

That’s the basis for democracy and I've never uncovered a more effective way to govern.

What a thug.

Where one choses to live is, in today's world, mostly a free choice. Those of us who chose to live in the US have access to tons of global information on the cost and benefits of other alternatives, and we chose this one.

I love it. "If you don't like me sitting on my dead ass, taking half of everything you earn, then leave! You chose to be here, so you chose to support worthless leeches like me! Now shut up and get back to work!"

That's leftists for you.

What a thug.

I love it. "If you don't like me sitting on my dead ass, taking half of everything you earn, then leave! You chose to be here, so you chose to support worthless leeches like me! Now shut up and get back to work!"

That's leftists for you.

On my "The Rise and Fall of the American Empire" thread this morning, I posted Paul Harvey's famous mini essay on "If I were the Devil". And one of the lines was:

"If I were the Devil I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious. Then my police state would force everybody back to work."

Unfortunately 'fair share' to too many of the Left means a share of what others have in lieu of taking any responsibility oneself. And they seem to have no ethical problem with that whatsoever.

That's leftists for you.

On my "The Rise and Fall of the American Empire" thread this morning, I posted Paul Harvey's famous mini essay on "If I were the Devil". And one of the lines was:

"If I were the Devil I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious. Then my police state would force everybody back to work."

Unfortunately 'fair share' to too many of the Left means a share of what others have in lieu of taking any responsibility oneself. And they seem to have no ethical problem with that whatsoever.

My dear, in order to have an ethical problem with something, one must first have ethics.

Forum List

Back