Poll on where Board Members stand for or against Abortion (yup, it's a well chosen title)

Poll: where do you stand on government regulation of abortion

• No abortion: the unborn always has precedence over mother

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Unlimited abortion: woman's choice

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • No abortion after 12 weeks for any reason

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • No abortion after 12 weeks for any reason except for crimes, birth defects, life/health of mom

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • No abortion after 12 weeks for any reason except for birth defects, life/health of mom

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • No abortion after 20 weeks except for crimes, birth defects, life/health of mom

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters
Who said that? I know I didnt. Youre just mad because I pointed out your bullshit argument as....well bullshit.

The person who I actually responded to said that, and you stated my response was a logical fallacy, and then continued to parrot his statement.

You are not arguing on the merits, and you know you can't.
I didnt parrot his statement. I called your argument bullshit. I even recommended you make your point with an argument that was not a logical fallacy.

My point is I have the right to an opinion on a topic, and my logic was just fine, you just either 1) don't want to admit it, or 2) are an idiot.
Your point is valid. Your argument was bullshit. You would have been better off just stating your point.

The argument is just fine.
Only if by fine you mean its bullshit. A baby and a fire are not the same.

"A common way for this fallacy to be perpetuated is one shared trait between two subjects is assumed to show equivalence, especially in order of magnitude, when equivalence is not necessarily the logical result. False equivalence is a common result when an anecdotal similarity is pointed out as equal, but the claim of equivalence doesn't bear because the similarity is based on oversimplification or ignorance of additional factors."

The person who I actually responded to said that, and you stated my response was a logical fallacy, and then continued to parrot his statement.

You are not arguing on the merits, and you know you can't.
I didnt parrot his statement. I called your argument bullshit. I even recommended you make your point with an argument that was not a logical fallacy.

My point is I have the right to an opinion on a topic, and my logic was just fine, you just either 1) don't want to admit it, or 2) are an idiot.
Your point is valid. Your argument was bullshit. You would have been better off just stating your point.

Only if by fine you mean its bullshit.

By your posts you seem to be more of an expert on typing bullshit than recognizing it.

By your posts you seem to be more of an expert on typing bullshit than recognizing it.
Now thats a deflection but you are famous for that when you are called on your bullshit.

Now thats a deflection but you are famous for that when you are called on your bullshit.

Bullshit.

Human life isn't determined by what it looks like.....
How is it determined? I ID a frog by sight. If I saw an human embryo running around I would probably catch it in a jar. I know some people that would probably stomp on it.

Genetics. Human life begins at conception, everyone knows it, people just like to rationalize and wordsmith to make themselves feel better..... or (this is what really annoys me) to mislead others.......
Thats a mutually agreed upon assumption by some determined by their politics not science. Some think life starts when it can function outside the womb.

When Does a Human Life Begin? 17 Timepoints - DNA Science Blog

It's just a stone cold hard fact.

Here's something from Princeton.. either way, I know when human life begins and so does everyone else, it's not up for debate......

Life Begins at Fertilization with the Embryo's Conception

Bullshit.
I agree your argument was bullshit politely known as a false equivalent.

Human life isn't determined by what it looks like.....
How is it determined? I ID a frog by sight. If I saw an human embryo running around I would probably catch it in a jar. I know some people that would probably stomp on it.

Genetics. Human life begins at conception, everyone knows it, people just like to rationalize and wordsmith to make themselves feel better..... or (this is what really annoys me) to mislead others.......
Thats a mutually agreed upon assumption by some determined by their politics not science. Some think life starts when it can function outside the womb.

When Does a Human Life Begin? 17 Timepoints - DNA Science Blog

It's just a stone cold hard fact.

Here's something from Princeton.. either way, I know when human life begins and so does everyone else, it's not up for debate......

Life Begins at Fertilization with the Embryo's Conception
No its not a fact. Its an assumption based on ideology. You know when a human life begins for you. You cant dictate when it begins for everyone else. Thats the only thing not up for debate.

life | the ability to grow, change, etc., that separates plants and animals from things like water or rocks

Full Definition of LIFE
a : the quality that distinguishes a vital and functional being from a dead body

I'm tired of the cop out by men stating it is a "woman's choice". Bullshit! You guys didn't question anything about where your sperm ended up? Give me a break. Before ANYONE engages in intercourse, they need to figure the consequence of said action. It not only involves the woman, it involves the guy (usually for at least 18 years), but it involves the life of an unborn person. Goodness knows this isn't the dark ages anymore. There's more ways to prevent pregnancy than ever before, pick one. No excuses for failure to plan!

I'm tired of the cop out by men stating it is a "woman's choice". Bullshit! You guys didn't question anything about where your sperm ended up? Give me a break. Before ANYONE engages in intercourse, they need to figure the consequence of said action. It not only involves the woman, it involves the guy (usually for at least 18 years), but it involves the life of an unborn person. Goodness knows this isn't the dark ages anymore. There's more ways to prevent pregnancy than ever before, pick one. No excuses for failure to plan!
Try telling the court as a man that the reason you caused a miscarriage is because you didnt want the child and you had a right to kill it. Other than that I do agree with most of your post.

Last edited:
BTW, good poll JakeStarkey - I know all about "poll critcizers" .... I put out a poll and get called out for not including every option under the sun! I even put "other - please specify" but still, people love to CRITICIZE!

Yours is much better than mine - I love polls!! :)

Try telling the court as a man that the reason you caused a miscarriage is because you didnt want the child and you had a right to kill it. Other than that I do agree with most of your post.

The post said nothing about a guy causing a miscarriage. It was about planning and prevention. Duh!

The post said nothing about a guy causing a miscarriage. It was about planning and prevention. Duh!
In that case you were off topic. :dunno:

In that case you were off topic. :dunno:

You're insane!!

Come on, people, where do you stand on this issue?

Pharmaceutical development is making this a fairly clear choice before 12 weeks. Most of us will have no idea who is and isn't taking the pill that replaces the 'wise or elderly woman of the woods' in story or actual life. Go to Dante, VA, if you want meet one.

Where do you stand on the issue?

I poll first: No abortion after 12 weeks for any reason except for birth defects, life/health of mom 1 vote(s) 100.0%

The rest of the pollees' votes are protected from view.

You need my option...no abortion except in case of the life of the mother.

I cannot answer your poll because none of the options apply to me.

I am male so I would not force my opinion on the abortion issue. Personally I don't see how anyone can justify it as a means of birth control, but it is legal in this country so I leave it alone. I would be very upset if my wife, girlfriend, or children wanted an abortion. But I don't force my beliefs on others.

Yes...in the 1800s slavery was also legal...should we have let that alone too?

Originally I was going to select the 20 week option. As much as I despise abortion its none of my business. I opted for unlimited woman's choice.

Agreed. I would have liked to have the option, "not qualified to answer -- I'm not female".

How about that is your child in there? maybe you should stand up for his or her life.

Originally I was going to select the 20 week option. As much as I despise abortion its none of my business. I opted for unlimited woman's choice.

Agreed. I would have liked to have the option, "not qualified to answer -- I'm not female".

How about "I'm qualified, that is my son or daughter in there, or my grandson granddaughter in there and as small as they may be right now, I still love them and will protect them."'

How about that as a qualifier.......?

I cannot answer your poll because none of the options apply to me.

I am male so I would not force my opinion on the abortion issue. Personally I don't see how anyone can justify it as a means of birth control, but it is legal in this country so I leave it alone. I would be very upset if my wife, girlfriend, or children wanted an abortion. But I don't force my beliefs on others.

Yes...in the 1800s slavery was also legal...should we have let that alone too?
False equivalency.

False equivalence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"False equivalence is a logical fallacy which describes a situation where there is a logical and apparent equivalence, but when in fact there is none. This fallacy is categorized as a fallacy of inconsistency."

"A common way for this fallacy to be perpetuated is one shared trait between two subjects is assumed to show equivalence, especially in order of magnitude, when equivalence is not necessarily the logical result. False equivalence is a common result when an anecdotal similarity is pointed out as equal, but the claim of equivalence doesn't bear because the similarity is based on oversimplification or ignorance of additional factors."

Forum List

Back