Poll on where Board Members stand for or against Abortion (yup, it's a well chosen title)

Poll: where do you stand on government regulation of abortion

• No abortion: the unborn always has precedence over mother

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Unlimited abortion: woman's choice

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • No abortion after 12 weeks for any reason

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • No abortion after 12 weeks for any reason except for crimes, birth defects, life/health of mom

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • No abortion after 12 weeks for any reason except for birth defects, life/health of mom

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • No abortion after 20 weeks except for crimes, birth defects, life/health of mom

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters
That's sad.... it really is... that's a human life and you are the father. That little human being is part you.
It's being talked about like a fingernail to be cut off....

No!

It is a potential life but it is entirely possible that my spouse might have miscarried anyway.

We don't live in a perfect world.

Not every baby born is wanted. On another thread there are imbeciles who share your views on abortion who would deny citizenship to babies that they would force the women to carry to term.

We have to deal with reality and reality is that no one else can make the decision who is not in the circumstances that the pregnant woman finds herself in at that point in time.

There are too many variables for any of us to dictate what happens inside of another person's body.

If you had a cancer in your brain would you want some religion that worships "all life" including cancer cells to prevent you from having surgery?

Because that is essentially what you are trying to do here.

Reproduction is the woman's issue. We guys have very little to do with the process other than a short and rather pleasurable experience.

So we need to butt the fuck out and let the gals decide.

So only firefighters should be able to decide which fires they fight?

In a free society you have the right to have an opinion and a voice on things that don't impact you, or only impact you in an indirect way.
False logic. You werent even close in equivalency. Babies are not fires.

False equivalence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"A common way for this fallacy to be perpetuated is one shared trait between two subjects is assumed to show equivalence, especially in order of magnitude, when equivalence is not necessarily the logical result. False equivalence is a common result when an anecdotal similarity is pointed out as equal, but the claim of equivalence doesn't bear because the similarity is based on oversimplification or ignorance of additional factors."

He said since I have nothing to do with it I should just shut up. My counter is perfectly valid. Or I can go with this.

That clerk in Kentucky is getting comments and grief from the entire country. If a person is 1) not Gay, or 2) not ever going to set foot in that Kentucky county, why don't THEY just "shut up" about the issue?

I have had many a discussion on abortion with my fellow conservatives. Being libertarian I am Pro-Choice in EVERYTHING. My own opinion is that if its legal, I'm good with it. Even as in this case, I believe it's wrong.

The important thing that the left is missing here is that the Pro-Life movement believes it is murder. Male or female, child carrying abilities or not, we all have a right and duty to try to stop it.

The issue boils down to one thing:
"Is abortion murder or not?", that's the part where everything ends.

Last edited:
Reproduction is the woman's issue. We guys have very little to do with the process other than a short and rather pleasurable experience.

So we need to butt the fuck out and let the gals decide.

So only firefighters should be able to decide which fires they fight?

In a free society you have the right to have an opinion and a voice on things that don't impact you, or only impact you in an indirect way.
False logic. You werent even close in equivalency. Babies are not fires.

False equivalence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"A common way for this fallacy to be perpetuated is one shared trait between two subjects is assumed to show equivalence, especially in order of magnitude, when equivalence is not necessarily the logical result. False equivalence is a common result when an anecdotal similarity is pointed out as equal, but the claim of equivalence doesn't bear because the similarity is based on oversimplification or ignorance of additional factors."

He said since I have nothing to do with it I should just shut up. My counter is perfectly valid. Or I can go with this.

That clerk in Kentucky is getting comments and grief from the entire country. If a person is 1) not Gay, or 2) not ever going to set foot in that Kentucky county, why don't THEY just "shut up" about the issue?
Another false logic argument. You left out a myriad of various other reasons and again you are guilty of the false equivalency faux pas. Its pretty simple. You find something that relates to carrying a living person in your body and being responsible for that person during and afterwards. Can you do that?

Come on, people, where do you stand on this issue?

Pharmaceutical development is making this a fairly clear choice before 12 weeks. Most of us will have no idea who is and isn't taking the pill that replaces the 'wise or elderly woman of the woods' in story or actual life. Go to Dante, VA, if you want meet one.

Where do you stand on the issue?

I poll first: No abortion after 12 weeks for any reason except for birth defects, life/health of mom 1 vote(s) 100.0%

The rest of the pollees' votes are protected from view.
You should have said...no abortion after the point of viability except for life of mom.

The question isn't should the practice be ended - as clearly it should; rather, the question is how to end the practice that comports with the Constitution and its case law.

How many anti-abortionists would be willing to spend $500 million pa to reduce abortions by 40%?

Meaningless poll.

Cut to the chase. When does a human being's life begin? It could be as early as conception or as late as death.

Meaningless poll.

Cut to the chase. When does a human being's life begin? It could be as early as conception or as late as death.

My opinion, at conception. Once the sperm and egg join, the beginning of human life.
It is a human life, you were once at that stage and everyone else on here.

Meaningless poll.

My opinion, at conception. One the sperm and egg join, the beginning of human life.
It is a human life, you were once at that stage and everyone else on here.
At one point its also a fish. This doesnt look quite human to me.

embryo.jpg

Meaningless poll.

When a pregnant women decides that she wants to have a baby.

Define 'have'.

Which part of the term pregnant do you need your mommy to explain to you?

Seriously? Do you have to be snarky at all times?

No!

Only when someone asks a stupid question.

Forum List

Back