Poll: Who's going to heaven?

Who's going to heaven?

• Everyone is going to heaven.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Only the worst of the worst don't go to heaven.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • If you avoid doing anything seriously wrong, you're going to heaven.

• Only people of my faith/denomination are going to heaven.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only a select few are going to heaven.

• There is no heaven.

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • I don't know who's going to heaven.

• I know I'm not getting into heaven.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only me and a few other people are going to heaven.

• Total voters

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Just thought I'd do a canvas to see what people of this forum think.

I'm not sure how to answer the question myself, so I said I don't know who's going to heaven.

Why would there be a heaven anyway? Sort of a bizarre concept, isn't it? Conversely, why would there be a hell? What a strange idea that is. Why would a God, who is allegedly unconditionally loving, ever sentence one of his own creations to an eternity in hell, and reward others with an eternity in heaven? The very notion proves that he isn't unconditionally loving. Christianity is so fucking silly. It's a religion for children.

It's obviously a man-made construct.

I think the worst of the worst won't go. But, then I wonder about what horrors someone suffered to do something truly awful and can they not be forgiven due to circumstances they had no control over as a child and it formed what they became? Then I think of Hitler. And I believe those who overcome horrible young years SHOULD know better..and instead still become horrors themselves. I don't think there is a hell. I think there is just an absence of God. Eternal death. No joining Him in Heaven.

Then again, I really have no clue.

But I'll ask Him when I get there. :)

I'd be more interested in what people think Heaven is like.

I mean, what makes you want to go there?

Why would there be a heaven anyway? Sort of a bizarre concept, isn't it? Conversely, why would there be a hell? What a strange idea that is. Why would a God, who is allegedly unconditionally loving, ever sentence one of his own creations to an eternity in hell, and reward others with an eternity in heaven?

The man who invented heaven and hell, he had a name, and that's Jesus.

That's the name of the man.

Why would there be a heaven anyway? Sort of a bizarre concept, isn't it? Conversely, why would there be a hell? What a strange idea that is. Why would a God, who is allegedly unconditionally loving, ever sentence one of his own creations to an eternity in hell, and reward others with an eternity in heaven?

So then Jesus isn't unconditionally loving. Got it.

He's not. Next question.

He's not. Next question.

You're agreeing that he isn't unconditionally loving?

He's not. Next question.

He loves us, but if we don't love him back, and don't want to be with him, he will respect that choice.

Everyone is going to heaven. I believe there is a afterlife but Im not sure how it looks like, if there is a hell where people are grilled on eternal fire and if there is a heaven where they sing with angels etc. But I believe there is a afterlife and I believe we all go to the same afterlife.

I believe in an existence beyond our biological one, but have no idea what that might be. I am convinced that if there is an "afterlife" it is not the 'eternal reward'/'eternal punishment' model given to us by Christian faith. That makes no sense. People just aren't that good or that bad to be eternally rewarded or punished.

He's not. Next question.

He loves us, but if we don't love him back, and don't want to be with him, he will respect that choice.

How can he reasonably expect anyone to love him? How does anyone know he ever existed in the first place? How can anyone know that he's God?

Answer: He can't. He gave us brains and the ability to reason, and he left us with jack shit in terms of evidence of his existence and zero evidence that he's God. There is literally no way to know if he's God or if he was a man-made idea plagiarized from a mishmash of paganism and ancient Egyptian mythology. This is the retarded Christian conundrum, it's an endless loop of failures in logic.

I think Heaven is just like here, without all the shit we've made for ourselves, as was the original intention.

He's not. Next question.

How can he reasonably expect anyone to love him? How does anyone know he ever existed in the first place? How can anyone know that he's God?

Answer: He can't. He gave us brains and the ability to reason, and he left us with jack shit in terms of evidence of his existence and zero evidence that he's God. There is literally no way to know if he's God or if he was a man-made idea plagiarized from a mishmash of paganism and ancient Egyptian mythology. This is the retarded Christian conundrum, it's an endless loop of failures in logic.
That's what faith is, to clear through all that.

Pretty sure they got a seat ready for me in the 9th circle of hell.

I suppose beer's too much to ask...

Forum List

Back