Pop up clinics fill void in care

I guess the CFO doesn't want to state any specific figures in case this time next year he has to call a meeting and look all solemn and explain how their concern for the poor widdle shareholders means that nobody below the executive suite gets to have health insurance anymore.
What corporations would that be? List them.

You owe me a few more datasets first.

Meanwhile, you can content yourself with raw numbers:

Percent of Private Sector Establishments That Offer Health Insurance to Employees
Would that be fast food establishments that only hire part timers? Or regular corporations like Microsoft, Honeywell etc?
Microsoft? 98% Indian Business Visas...no Health Insurance for them.

But isn't Bill Gates this liberal god ?

Bill Gates worships Bill Gates.
The only person he has ever gotten along with is Warren Buffet, another piece of shit.

Plus their is a doctor shortage that doesn't help. And not all doctors take ACA insurance providers coverage.

No Physician shortage; they are being replaced by Indian Business Visas.
Health is a BUSINESS; nothing more, nothing less.
Conquering the doctor shortage

"America already doesn't have enough doctors, with a shortage of 45,000 forecast by 2020"

This is the same bullshit said about Computer Programmers in the early 80s when Reagan opened the floodgates to the Japanese and Chinese who were replaced by Indians in the late 90s.
The hospitals have constant job fairs trying to get technicians, RN's , Doctors, therapists etc...

And still can't fill slots. The professionals just aren't there.

Such is not the case in NYC and vicinity.
I also don't know if you've noticed many hospitals in NYC/LI are hiring young Indians fresh over the boat.
And this is when American Doctors are being released by companies such as Pro-Health.
I never thought I would see the day when Doctors would be Business Visa's out of existence.

First of all, I will say that I am pretty sure that you can't hire doctors right off the boat. To practice medicine in the U.S. takes getting licensed and is a difficult process from what I've read.

Foreign-trained health professionals put on path to practice in U.S. - amednews.com

She looked into getting a U.S. medical license, but found the process complex and confusing. So she sold sunglasses and baby-sat to pay the bills -- all the while dreaming of the day she could return to her passion of practicing medicine.

Also......

Foreign Doctors—A Question of Equity | Health Beat by Maggie Mahar

These articles are a bit dated, but I could not find anything more recent.

In the areas where I have lived, there have been lots of doctors from India (almost all the heart doctors are named Patel).

I don't think they work cheap.

If Obamacare is so great... Why do we need these again?

Pop-Up Health Clinics Fill a Void in Care
You should read the link, the answer is there. Republican governor obstruction.

Really? In DC, WA,LA, MO and CT? try again.
  • Direct Patient Care through the Communities Are Responding Everyday (C.A.R.E.) Clinics: In 2009, the NAFC partnered with Dr. Oz to hold a large scale one-day health clinic in Houston, Texas where 1,800 individuals received physicals, medication, lab work, health education and connection to follow up care. Since then, the NAFC has held 15 clinics, in 9 states (New Orleans LA (4 times), Little Rock AR, Kansas City MO (twice), Hartford CT, Atlanta GA, Washington DC, Charlotte NC, Tacoma WA and Dallas TX) during which over 15,000 volunteers have provided care to over 17,500 uninsured patients. In 2016, the NAFC will hold two C.A.R.E. Clinics – one in New Orleans, LA and the other Dallas, TX.
About Us | National Association of Free and Charitable Clinics

I wouldn't be surprised if one of those pop-up booths was a couple of people at a table with a bunch of forms and a sign that says "See if you're eligible for affordable insurance using the Healthcare.gov site."

• Direct Patient Care through the Communities Are Responding Everyday (C.A.R.E.) Clinics: In 2009, the NAFC partnered with Dr. Oz to hold a large scale one-day health clinic in Houston, Texas where 1,800 individuals received physicals, medication, lab work, health education and connection to follow up care. Since then, the NAFC has held 15 clinics, in 9 states (New Orleans LA (4 times), Little Rock AR, Kansas City MO (twice), Hartford CT, Atlanta GA, Washington DC, Charlotte NC, Tacoma WA and Dallas TX) during which over 15,000 volunteers have provided care to over 17,500 uninsured patients. In 2016, the NAFC will hold two C.A.R.E. Clinics – one in New Orleans, LA and the other Dallas, TX.

Thanks for the information.

It's unfortunate we didn't see this before as it might have given some pause when sold the load of crap they called "Hope and Change".

No Physician shortage; they are being replaced by Indian Business Visas.
Health is a BUSINESS; nothing more, nothing less.

"America already doesn't have enough doctors, with a shortage of 45,000 forecast by 2020"

This is the same bullshit said about Computer Programmers in the early 80s when Reagan opened the floodgates to the Japanese and Chinese who were replaced by Indians in the late 90s.
The hospitals have constant job fairs trying to get technicians, RN's , Doctors, therapists etc...

I also don't know if you've noticed many hospitals in NYC/LI are hiring young Indians fresh over the boat.
And this is when American Doctors are being released by companies such as Pro-Health.
I never thought I would see the day when Doctors would be Business Visa's out of existence.

First of all, I will say that I am pretty sure that you can't hire doctors right off the boat. To practice medicine in the U.S. takes getting licensed and is a difficult process from what I've read.

Foreign-trained health professionals put on path to practice in U.S. - amednews.com

She looked into getting a U.S. medical license, but found the process complex and confusing. So she sold sunglasses and baby-sat to pay the bills -- all the while dreaming of the day she could return to her passion of practicing medicine.

Also......

In the areas where I have lived, there have been lots of doctors from India (almost all the heart doctors are named Patel).

They make less than 350K.

Also......

You know what the doctors in the area I live in make ?

Wow...you are good.

Thanks for the information.

It's unfortunate we didn't see this before as it might have given some pause when sold the load of crap they called "Hope and Change".

You may not have seen it, but emergency clinics did exist, particularly in poorer states, and were used as an argument for the necessity of reform.

Also......

Wow...you are good.
All the Doctors I know who work for Groups, which they ALL do, made 350K.
They were bought out by Pro-Health which offered them 250K with 2 year contracts.
Those whose 2 years were up were NOT renewed.
Unemployed Physicians.
But somewhere, an old fart with a Portfolio is jerking off to the savings.

Also......

Wow...you are good.
They were bought out by Pro-Health which offered them 250K with 2 year contracts.
Unemployed Physicians.

So you were talking about doctors you know......

Not the ones in my area ?

I don't know what they make.

I do know a radiologist who makes over 300K.

He has said that radiology tends to be higher paying.

This is what I found on what physicians make.

Physician Salaries - Average Physician Salary | PayScale

I found it a bit eye opening as most don't make 200K.

So I am still not sure what your complaint is unless it is local to where you live.

Also......

Wow...you are good.
Unemployed Physicians.

So I am still not sure what your complaint is unless it is local to where you live.

The gist of my input is that Physicians are being Business Visa'd out of existence.

Also......

Wow...you are good.
Unemployed Physicians.

The gist of my input is that Physicians are being Business Visa'd out of existence.

As I listed in my previous e-mail, you don''t just get off the boat and practice medicine in the U.S.

Are you aware of any waivers being granted these people.

I am not.

Wow...you are good.
Unemployed Physicians.

As I listed in my previous e-mail, you don''t just get off the boat and practice medicine in the U.S.

Are you aware of any waivers being granted these people.

I am not.
They do have to go through a process which results in them making 100K less than the average US Physician.
I have been told by most of them, who kids are becoming anything BUT MDs, that the age of the American MD is coming to a close.
Most of the kids I know are becoming Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, OTs and PTs with a few scattered Dentists.
They say it simply isn't worth the time and expense.

They do have to go through a process which results in them making 100K less than the average US Physician.
I have been told by most of them, who kids are becoming anything BUT MDs, that the age of the American MD is coming to a close.
Most of the kids I know are becoming Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, OTs and PTs with a few scattered Dentists.

It sounds as if the market is weeding things out.

I don't like the idea of foreign doctors...while at the same time, my friends in the medical field question the committment of Americans to becoming doctors (a lot of drop outs...."it's to hard and to time consuming").

I don't like the idea of foreign doctors...while at the same time, my friends in the medical field question the committment of Americans to becoming doctors (a lot of drop outs...."it's to hard and to time consuming").

Being an Orthodox Jew means 18 years of 10 hour days plus homework before going to Medical School so the "too hard and too time consuming" thing never comes up.

Being an Orthodox Jew means 18 years of 10 hour days plus homework before going to Medical School so the "too hard and too time consuming" thing never comes up.

So, it seems we should have Jewish doctors all over the place.

Why don't we ?

I expect to see a broad "healthcare underground" grow up in the aftermath of the ACA powergrab. Such off-the-books pipelines for drugs and healthcare have been a reality for a long time, albeit in isolated communities, but I think they will become much more widespread in the near future.

Why don't we ?

I have already explained why but I'll repeat...
I know many in their 40s and 50s who have already be laid off and many college graduates, including my daughter who is going for PT, could not afford to go to Medical School based upon current economic trends.
You can't invest so much money for a dwindling return on income.

Why don't we ?

I have already explained why but I'll repeat...
I know many in their 40s and 50s who have already be laid off and many college graduates, including my daughter who is going for PT, could not afford to go to Medical School based upon current economic trends.
You can't invest so much money for a dwindling return on income.

You've really never made the connection.

I've posted the average salary for doctors and it does not jive with your claims about people making 350K.

I've not seen the economic analysis, so why don't you provide it.

Invest X and get a revenue (income stream of Y)...what is the return.

What I said was that my friends who are not-laid-off doctors question the committment of American kids to medical school.

And maybe it's time we figure out why medical school is so freaking expensive.

Forum List

Back